PDA

View Full Version : Baseball game en femme or not?

Briana90802
05-16-2011, 11:19 PM
So I'm going to a Dodgers game this month, go Dodgers, and I'm wondering if I should go en femme. Has anyone done this? I'm kinda scared of "mob mentality" especially here in LA. I'm also wondering about the restroom situation being that I'm not passable. I've read the fore mentioned thread about restrooms but this is a stadium.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :)

AKAMichelle
05-16-2011, 11:22 PM
I have gone to a Avs (pro hockey) game and a Nuggets game as Michelle. I have tickets to go to Rockies game as Michelle on June 15th. I think the answer is most definitely go en femme.

Daphne Renee
05-17-2011, 08:26 AM
If your comfortable enough I say go for it. Now I have never been to LA so I cant say what "mob mentality" would be like.

AKAMichelle
05-17-2011, 09:54 AM
When you are in a large crowd people pay less attention to you. The only issue would be the bathroom. Large # of people at an event = large # of women in the bathroom. I never felt more invisible than when I was in a large crowd.

VickysBFF
05-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Hi Breana: I have been to a Dodgers game (as well as various NBA,NFL,NHL and MLS games in many different cities/states/venues) en femme and had no problems. It was last season, I believe, so it was before all of the issues that they have experienced recently but I don't think that you will encounter any problems.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Daphne Renee
05-17-2011, 03:22 PM
I just thought of something. If you know of another CDer that lives near you maybe you both could go dressed to the game. I think it might very well help.

Being Paige
05-17-2011, 03:23 PM
I remember years ago watching a Seatlle Seahawks football game on tv and there was this Beautiful blond woman in the crowd. She was amazing drop dead gourgous!

Anyway the camera was on her for the whole tv audiance to see and guess what she happenned to be doing? No not that! LOL She was picking her nose!! OMG
Well I would say just don't be picking you nose and you should be fine!!

Danni Renee
05-17-2011, 04:41 PM
I think you should be fine to go en femme to the baseball game. However, I am not so certain of a Dodgers game. They had that incident where the SF Giants fan was beaten rather badly at Dodgers Stadium at a game a couple of weeks ago and I have read on ESPN/Sports Illustrated that security at that particular venue was not the best. I also read they were working to improve it but I wanted to give you a note of caution on it so you went in aware of your surroundings.

Briana90802
05-17-2011, 08:10 PM
I think you should be fine to go en femme to the baseball game. However, I am not so certain of a Dodgers game. They had that incident where the SF Giants fan was beaten rather badly at Dodgers Stadium at a game a couple of weeks ago and I have read on ESPN/Sports Illustrated that security at that particular venue was not the best. I also read they were working to improve it but I wanted to give you a note of caution on it so you went in aware of your surroundings.

Actually that's my concern, I'm not sitting in dodgertown, but you never know. Sometimes there's rowdies all over the place. Plus the parking lot is rather far away. Either way it's $1 Dodger Dog day. Plus it'll be really busy since it's Memorial Day.

Jilmac
05-17-2011, 09:51 PM
As much as I enjoy baseball and watching The Brewers play at Miller Park, I think that would be the last place I'd want to go en femme. My reason? Too much beer, too much machismo (even with the female fans), too many drunks.

StaceyJane
05-17-2011, 09:56 PM
I went to a minor league baseball game en femme a month ago and had a great time.

t-girlxsophie
05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
I think the last place I would go dressed would be a major sporting event,too much tribalism involved where you could easily have some boozed up,morons deciding to give you some abuse.I know here in the UK that would be the case.Anyway watching Sport is one of the times I enjoy being a guy.

Sophie

Lauren B
05-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Keep in mind, too, that nothing brings out the idiots quite like the dollar dog games.

StarrOfDelite
05-18-2011, 11:45 AM
I suppose it depends on how passable you feel, and how you want to dress. I used to have season tickets to the Indians games before I started CD'ing seriously, and every woman I ever took to a game did her best to dress like a man, Levi shorts, Baseball T-shirts, and baseball caps, and big hoodies for the April and May days when the wind was blowing in from Lake Erie. I think that some people dress up for the Yankees home games, but they sit in the thousand dollar per game box seats, too. Out of my league.

Formerly, in the pre-McCourt days, Dodger Stadium and the Chavez Ravine area were immaculately maintained and policed, I'd be worried nowadays. Considering the age of Dodger Stadium, which is now one of the 3 oldest in the major leagues, you should probably inquire about the restrooms. It's been thirty years since I was there, and I have no good memory how the restrooms are configured. Back in the old days at ballparks like Tiger Stadium, Lakefront in Cleveland, and (shudder) Forbes Field, it wasn't uncommon for the ladies' restrooms to have lines 25-30 people deep and for the mens' restrooms to feature those beloved trough urinals.

bobbie sue
05-18-2011, 11:55 AM
if you feel like it go for it I have been to Alanta alot of times and no one seems to mind but i do dress 24/7 and am very passable and always use the ladies room and do not forget to sit HA HA!!!!!

BillieJoEllen
05-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Two years ago at a Brewers game I did see a man in a long khaki skirt and macho type vest. He had ribbons in his long hair and a long beard. Nobody was bothering him.
I will say this-if you're able to hold it for a long period of time, do your business at home before leaving. Restroom then becomes a non-issue.

celeste26
05-18-2011, 12:00 PM
As a Dodger fan going to a Dodger game it really shouldn't be any issue at all, especially if you like the beer. Be sure and use sun screen though those day games can be brutal.

Vanessa Storrs
05-19-2011, 02:08 AM
The San Francisco Giants (who incidentally won the 2011 World Series) have announced a policy of support for the LGBT community. I'm going to a game in June, it will be the first sporting event for Vanessa. I am looking forward to a good time spending a few days en femme.

Amber_Lynn
05-19-2011, 11:28 AM
After the incident at the opening game I'm sure security is at it's peak. You look very passable so it might not be an issue but it seems to me that part of town could be very homophobic and violent. If you do it, be careful. Remember the guy that got jumped was in the parking lot, not the stadium.

Good luck!