PDA

View Full Version : y is it all about sex ggrrr

india-jane
05-17-2011, 09:30 AM
hi all i live in the south west of the uk and no matter how hard look the only other cds tvs or any tag we give our selfs they only seem to want to meet for sex and im finding it very frustrating i have a lovey so and have no intrest in meeting strangers for sex .... does any 1 know of any where i can look to make friends near here ??? sorry to sound like im moaning but its not all about sex is it ???????

love u all lots india xxxxx:)

Melissa Rose
05-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Finding a local or nearby cd/tg group is a good way to meet others without the subtext of sexual encounters. This is assuming there is one close enough to you. A web search using "transgender" and a location such as a city or town usually turns up a few. Good luck in your search.

WendyH
05-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Your mileage may vary. In the days when I attended a support group regularly I was hit on several times. It made me uncomfortable; I wanted friendship and support in a safe environment, not a singles club. It does seem to be all about sex for some people.

Rianna Humble
05-17-2011, 03:39 PM
I tend to shy awy from cd personals for the very reason that you mention. Melissa is right that if therte is a transgender support group near you, then that would be a good place to look for the sort of friendship that I believe you want. Unfortunately, these groups tend to be rather sparse on the southern coast of England. On at least one ocasion, someone from over towards Exeter has visited our groupin Brighton. It may not be ideal, but if that is a possibility for you, you would be very welcome.

ReineD
05-17-2011, 03:46 PM
hi all i live in the south west of the uk and no matter how hard look the only other cds tvs or any tag we give our selfs they only seem to want to meet for sex and im finding it very frustrating i have a lovey so and have no intrest in meeting strangers for sex .... does any 1 know of any where i can look to make friends near here ??? sorry to sound like im moaning but its not all about sex is it ???????

That's a great question! With the volume of meetup sites and chat rooms that are out there, I'm beginning to wonder whether the number of CDers who are in it just for sex is much larger than people think, or if there is just a much larger percentage of men out there who are admirers.

Jill Devine
05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Reine I'd guess and say it's a combination of the two.

Emma England
05-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Because most men are immature and have not progressed beyond puberty.

I am straight, so why would I want sex with a mtf crossdresser?

I am in the south west UK also.

You are welcome to pm me.

Stitch
05-18-2011, 11:01 AM
I've PMed you. My partner and I live in the SouthWest too. :)

Pythos
05-18-2011, 11:42 AM
I may be wrong here, but this is not a problem exclusive to only CD, TS, TV, groups. I think this is an issue of ALL meeting groups. I think this may even be an issue in church groups. I know my friend joined such a group so that he could meet a girl.

It is human nature, pure and simple. Men and women want sex for the most part. There are just varying ways we wish to get it. I for one am in it for the long run, no one night stands, or other such dangerous behavior.

I would like to find a cd group where I could also meet female admirers, and possibly find that someone, but I am not going to be the one doing the hitting on, unless I am really attracted. LOL (AKA someone like Abby, or Delenn (babylon 5), or a woman that fits my ideal, comes in and shows a liking to me)

Deanna B
05-18-2011, 03:13 PM
hi . down in cornwall i 've spent days looking for the same thing you are and nothing but there is a meeting places in EXETER. Exeter is a long way to go for me so i gave up . i hope is help . love deanna b xx

Sheren Kelly
05-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Many of the TG support groups I am aware of (in the US) discourage overt sexuality at meetings; what goes on after people leave is up to anyone's imagination. If you truly want acceptance, you have to get out there and jus BE yourself. Try volunteering, join a book club or anything that can place you in the company of open minded people. Once they find that you are real, they will treat you as you expect to be treated.

Kaz
05-18-2011, 04:08 PM
What I really like about this site is that in the couple of years I have been here I have only been hit on once. This community is really great! TBH I haven't chased local groups etc.. as I don't really want to do that. I would suggest, India, that you make some friends here and follow them up if that's where you want to take it. If you are ever in Yorkshire...?

t-girlxsophie
05-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Find a group nearby,where there will be many like you,who want to make like minded friends,I attended my Local support group for almost 10 years and never experienced anyone trying it on with me,such groups only exist to help you develop yourself and help you make friends,not as some sorta knocking shop.I think you should look into joining one near you.It enhanced my circle of friends and helped me so much

Sophie

Fab Karen
05-18-2011, 06:47 PM
State that up-front with people you talk to, it'll help you weed out those who are just on the hunt for sex.