PDA

View Full Version : Telling online "fans/friends" you are not really a woman

qaws123uk
05-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Hi

Recently I changed the site Netlog (http://en.netlog.com/kyliem/photo). Its just another social media type site to add friends, share photos etc.

I joined because a CD I am "friends" with i.e. on Flickr/Myspace sent email invite. I joined to see what it was etc.

I was logged into my Facebook page and when I registered I linked to it and it automatically imported my photos from Facebook.

The photos are a few that are already on my Flickr page. Photos are of my legs and some full shots from shoulder down. They is one photo which is from waist down and where I am just wearing tights but I am tucked.

All the people who have since comments and asked to be added as friend are men. Do you think they know I am a CD?? Maybe some do, some don't. Based on there comments, it doesnt seem they do.

Should I let them know?? Not that I am telling them personal details but you dont want to give ppl the wrong idea etc.

Anna B
05-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi there, what's your girlie name by the way? I can't keep calling you qaws123uk...

Anyway, qaws123uk, I suspect if they have seen a waist down shot of you just wearing tights, and you tell them you're really a fella, you may get even more friend requests!!! I'd be tempted to keep em guessing and have a bit of a flirt...aren't I wicked.

Have fun, hugs,

Anna x

Daphne Renee
05-17-2011, 03:13 PM
I agree with Anna. Keep them guessing. If they are really your friend does it really matter? Now if these were not online friends then it might be different.

Tammy V
05-17-2011, 03:15 PM
A lot of times I put my gender as "male" on a profile even though I am representing female, simply to avoid having to be asked this question or tell people I am a mtf cd when they might assume otherwise.

Being Paige
05-17-2011, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't tell unless you are asked! Even then I wouldn't unless it became more then just a online relationship.

Rianna Humble
05-17-2011, 03:33 PM
I used to get myriad friendship requests from men I have never heard from on my facebook account. I don't accept them and have put a note on my profile to say that I ANY friendship requests that do not say what the person thinks I can contribute will be refused and deleted. I know that this has upset one or two people from cd.com who assumed that this did not apply to them and that I ought to know instinctively what their username might be on this site. However, it has dramatically reduced the number of unwanted friendship requests I get. The few who persist get reported.

I realise that this may not apply to you if you like to collect on-line friends. In that case, I would still say that it is up to you how much you tell these people about your private life.

qaws123uk
05-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Well the waist down photo showing me tucked - which they may or maybe not its being tucked is this one on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/kylieintights/5030774481/in/photostream

(I think I have put this image on here before and had it deleted as its borderline "nudity" - you can see anything and nothing rude)

The other shots are just leg/tights shots and ones like this - http://www.flickr.com/photos/kylieintights/5389054504/in/photostream

Maybe they just think I am a relatively muscular woman - I have been told I have muscular thighs.

Anyway ..... thanks for comments. Just going to have a bit of innocent fun. No need to tell!

Pythos
05-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Well, when on my flicker I see that a male has favorited a pic I make darned sure though know of my true nature. Often times the person says that they don't mind, they love the illusion. They see me as a different take on femininity, at least when I go full on CD. I notice my androgynous pics get favorited too. But I don't play games and am quite honest about me. My profile also states what I am.

eluuzion
05-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Let’s see...let me check my “Common Sense” manual...:heehee:

-You only supplied information (and photos) that give the impression you are female.
-You have received only male contacts.
-Based on their comments, you feel they do not seem to know you are a CD.

Well, I have seen several talk shows on TV, reports in the news, reports on the net, as well as other sources...regarding TG,CD/TS individuals that allowed an unsuspecting male to believe they were a GG.

None of them had a positive outcome. Many had tragic outcomes. Men in particular tend to take those types of issues very seriously, on any level.

I just follow my moral compass on such matters...

:love:

Shari
05-18-2011, 05:40 AM
You show your gender as female with accompanying feminine pics.
Maybe you like the attention that a female gets on one of those sites.
I did that for years on yahoo 360 until they eliminated it.
It is a rush to present yourself and be accepted as a genetic girl, is it not?

noeleena
05-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Hi,

I was thinking this was funny as im a woman & i dont get any male admiras & i dont wont any.

So i would say be a bit carefull wont you . because things do get around & could get back at you. if it trurned bad,

...noeleena...

TGMarla
05-18-2011, 08:17 AM
These social networking sites.....ask yourself what the goal is here. Is it to share photos, etc., with friends? Remember, the people who wish to befriend you on these sites are rarely friends. They are internet gawkers and you have nothing to gain by confirming them as friends. My advice is to either ignore them or deny them. You owe them nothing, not even your friendship. Those who do already know you as a CD will already be okay with it. The rest of them......forget about them and move on.

Nicole Erin
05-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Men that troll these social networking sites are the ones who need a girlfriend who's name doesn't include the letters jpeg.

If they are that pathetic, let them think what they want.

sandra-leigh
05-18-2011, 11:58 AM
I do sometimes get friend requests from people I do not know. I look them over fairly carefully. If I do not see anything at all in common, I write back and thank them for the request but indicate that we don't appear to have anything in common, and I delete the request. If I see something potentially in common but not obvious (e.g., membership in the same group), then I write back and thank them for the request and ask them to introduce themselves, and leave the request sitting for a week or two; if I don't get a response, then I delete the request. The most typical result of this process is No Answer", and a non-uncommon result is "It doesn't matter, I was just following a Friend Suggestion that popped up." An uncommon but not unknown result is that the person writes back and apologizes and introduces themselves: in my experience those people have more often than not been interesting people worth chatting with. Not always, though.

The people that I do not have much at all in common with are the easier ones to deal with. The more difficult cases are the ones that I do have something in common with: then I have to look closely at which discussion they are involved with, and who their friends are and so on, to try to get a feeling for how comfortable they would be with finding out that I am MTF. Because once I agree to "Friend" someone, they don't just get to see what I post on my page (not much); they also get to see anything I post on a friend's page (if the access is Friends Of Friends or wider), and I'm not about to stop writing to my MTF or FTM friends.

ReineD
05-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Maybe I hang out here too much, but when I see body pics with no face, I immediately think "CDer", especially if there are many pics and most of them focus on specific body parts, such as legs & shoes, or breasts.

So if males scan social sites looking for possible sexual contacts, I think they'll have come to this conclusion as well since there are many similar pictures posted by people who do not hide the fact they CD.

I could be wrong though.

Stitch
05-18-2011, 12:45 PM
It really depends on how close you consider yourself to these people. If they are just people who are there its not such much a big deal, but if they are people you consider genuine friends then I don't think its really fair to deceive them.

I recall once when I was into Online gaming. I played as a male character and my brother played as a female. We were always open and honest about it though, as playing other genders was common in game. There was this one guy I recall who played as a female, let everyone believe he was female and after being close friends with many of us for well over 2 years suddenly told us he was a man. Did that lie hurt anyone? No, but I know some of my friends were very upset that someone they thought they knew well online turned out to be a fake, a fake who carried on lying for such a long time. You don't repair online friendships easily after an on going lie like that. He soon dropped and we never heard from him again.

Karren H
05-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Personally I'm on Face Book to make friends who accept me for who I am.... Not to attract people who may get pissed off when "you keep them guessing" and they find out the truth... All my friends know up front who I am and what I do and why. A lot are curious why.... too and I will engage them and help them understand... Most of my friends are not crossdressers or admirers... But makeup lover, hockey fans... Fans of Cosmo radio.. Sometimes all three... I have teeenage girls and grandmother friends.... Working women to stay at home moms.... Its an amazing group of people whom I totally love to chat with.... Just because you like to wear the same clothes does not solely make for a lasting friendship... Online or in the real world.. Imho... Be honest with yourself... And everyone you meet. You get such a better response out of people when they don't think your a lying pervert!! Lol.

DonnaT
05-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi there, what's your girlie name by the way? I can't keep calling you qaws123uk..

I would assume it is Kylie M.

Kylie, I would just ignore friend requests from anyone you don't already know, since you only joined because of friends you already have.

No need to mention being CD.

Rianna Humble
05-18-2011, 03:02 PM
It really depends on how close you consider yourself to these people. If they are just people who are there its not such much a big deal, but if they are people you consider genuine friends then I don't think its really fair to deceive them.

I agree that if you consider yourself to be a man but declare yourself a woman (or vice versa) and don't disclose the discrepancy to a close friend who only knows you through that profile, you could be heading for tears or worse.

I may be in a minority here, but I don't have any facebook friends that I don't know from elsewhere and they all know that I am TS. Some have definitely proved to me that those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter. On my profile, I have listed my true gender rather than my birth sex, but I do not consider that I would be deceiving someone who had never known about the old (sham) me since I never was truly a man.

Beth Wilde
05-18-2011, 07:30 PM
I suspect if they have seen a waist down shot of you just wearing tights, and you tell them you're really a fella, you may get even more friend requests!!! I'd be tempted to keep em guessing and have a bit of a flirt...aren't I wicked.

I have a facebook profile that states I am a male.... I do get lots of requests, most of which I ignore (Always happy to accept friends from here but tell me who you are). I'm also on tagged.com with the byline "Gay man in girls clothes, because I can"! That seems to attract a lot of attention too.... lol

qaws123uk
05-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi all

Thanks for replies.

With Netlog, its very much like MySpace. I have no idea who these people are so not close to them at all.

My facebook i dont personally know the ppl in real life but its more clear I am a CD with the other friends I have .