PDA

View Full Version : Yin and yang

Julie Denier
05-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Spent the morning in a cute purple print empire-waist dress, thigh highs, black patent Mary Jane pumps, wig and makeup.

Spent the afternoon in my guy jeans and grubby T-shirt, with a big cigar, mowing the lawn.

Oh, the dichotomy! :D

prettytoes
05-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I gave up the cigars..I still have a bunch of Cubans in the humidor. I have a friend who loves them! I did spend Sunday morning in a cute purple sundress, and I'm getting ready to paint my toenails purple.

kendra_gurl
05-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Spent the morning in a cute purple print empire-waist dress, thigh highs, black patent Mary Jane pumps, wig and makeup.

Spent the afternoon in my guy jeans and grubby T-shirt, with a big cigar, mowing the lawn.

Oh, the dichotomy! :D Should have read
Spent the morining in a cute purple print empire-wait dress, thigh highs, black patent Mary Jane pumps, wig and makeup. MOWING THE LAWN

That would have been a lot more fun

Julie Denier
05-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Should have read
Spent the morining in a cute purple print empire-waist dress, thigh highs, black patent Mary Jane pumps, wig and makeup. MOWING THE LAWN

That would have been a lot more fun

Indeed -- the kids at the elementary school right behind my house would have LOVED that ;)

Barbra P
05-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi Julie

Can’t remember having ever smoked a cigar, or wanting too. Well I did smoke a couple Hav-a-Tampa little cigars, with the wooden tips, decades ago that smelled and tasted just like hot chocolate. In the Marines, and for a few years afterwards I smoked a pipe, finally realizing that while a pipe smelled good it didn’t taste as good when you smoked it. I occasionally smoked a cigarette when out with the boys after work on payday, Barbra on the other smoked too much.

I haven’t smoked for years, until yesterday when I bummed a cigarette off the neighbor’s daughter. A couple of puffs and I could hardly stand up. I really enjoyed those two or three puffs of that cigarette, having missed smoking all these years. I don’t intend to start smoking again, although if Barbra starts going out she just might have an occasional cigarette.

My Daughter bought me one of the electronic E-cigarettes and I have to say I really enjoy it. The e-cigarette is coffee flavored and while not quite the same as a real cigarette taking a drag off it comes close, very close, just not the same high. I’ve read that the vapor, essentially water vapor, makes a lousy carrier for the nicotine, plus the one I have has very little nicotine, some don’t have any.

What I really miss is a drink and a cigarette, or even a quite cup of coffee and a cigarette. But being in California you can’t smoke in coffee shops or bars any more.

docrobbysherry
05-17-2011, 08:28 PM
OMG! Yin and yang! Where the heck is Pythos when u really need her?

Pythos
05-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Pythos is right here. LOL.

I go through this kinda thing too. I spend the morning in an outfit and style similar to the one in the last set, and then spend the rest of the day in jeans and T-shirt chatting with my flying buddies at the flying club. But while doing that I am wishing I was in my outfit from the morning and just be me. It of course would have been interesting doing the preflight in that skirt though. LOL. Probably best I was in my DRAB uniform.

At least at the computer job I can go borderline androg and wear leggings when I like, or even a skirt and leggings outfit. People still call for me when their machine is acting up, even if I have a hint of eye shadow or liner :P

I do have a pic somewhere of me in my Mana Cosplay with a clove cigarette clutched between my teeth. LOL