PDA

View Full Version : flip side, we cant do that

erica12b
05-17-2011, 11:42 PM
I have had a recurring thought that I need help bouncing off the walls ok

Here it is if boys where allowed to dress as girls or even made to dress would there be more cd guys or less and more tolerance towards us? This thought comes from all the girl that had to dress girly as kids and now hate it, or all the guys that had to put on suit’s and tie or as my son says monkey suit, and hate it .

the flip side is we do it (we are not suppose dress this way we are rebelling then we find we like it and then the guilt’s, and anguish the exploring of gender we branch out to all limbs of the gender tree (how would you put this thought in to a hypotheses, idea)

There is a thread cdboys vs cdgirls I did not want to hijack it, so I came hear to post these thoughts I don’t know if gg’s really know how limited guys are in our roles.
I look back and see that gg have advanced there clothing attire and there role in society while the guy has narrowed his down and is now very limited and stagnant

Elena Ornamental
05-18-2011, 03:23 AM
For all the girls who had to dress girly when young who grew up to dislike it, there are the other girls who did like it and girls who didn't care. So there's not a direct link there.
I would think if more people experienced cross dressing, the result would be more acceptance (but I am biased - aren't we all). That gets into issues of why people cross dress and whether the experience is positive or negative for them. The experiences of either kind can be accepted or rejected by the person with a related effect on their personality and their behavior. So SURPRISE there's no simple relationship that can be generalized.
The second part of your thread gets into society's attitudes toward cross dressing and I think there's a Puritanical strain in American culture that still is suspicious of anything pleasurable. That's where I think the negativity comes from. Then there is also how Patriarchal society is - that a man who dressed like a woman would be lowering his status, "degrading" himself. Again, how Patriarchal the society is is a modifier in the status question.
Finally, the social values involved here DO evolve and change. Different groups within a society don't all change their views and values at the same rate or in the same direction.
So now you're probably more confused than ever but my short answer to these big questions hopefully provide a framework for arriving at some answers for you.

Joanne f
05-18-2011, 04:42 AM
There is a big difference between allowed to dress and made to dress, allowed to then you do it at your own free will ,made to and your free will is taken away from you which will or can cause many problems latter on in life and i believe that there is a GG member who has some experience on that so please be a bit respectful of that if you comment on this part .( yes i know some would like to be forced into dressing but i assume we are not talking about that )
Would it make a difference if males were freely accepted in female clothe`s , yes i expect it would to a certain extent with more being open with it but it would not change all peoples views on it as there will always be things like the perceptive view on how a male should dress and how a female should dress to attract a" mate" then you have the " i have no problem seeing men in a dress providing it is not my man " and then you have this attitude of some males in that they have to prove they are all male which is also connected to the biological response to getting a mate , whereas a females attitude to that is " i need to look good to get a mate " yes it can be all jumbled up with the crossing of attitudes and i expect if there was some sort of big push forward in what men can wear and still be thought of as men then it would become acceptable but would this be acceptable to a lot of cross dressers .

erica12b
05-18-2011, 09:11 AM
wow you both have very good insight , and i was lax in my wording and framing of the question , but you did get the main thoughts of the question , i think the fight with my son about his suit tanted my forced idea (we make kids do some things )

i will think on all of your thoughts , and i know there is not a blanket that covers all of us and why we do it , for me im trying to under stand myself and just how i got here lol for me exceptance of self i hope will come with understanding

Frédérique
05-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Here it is if boys where allowed to dress as girls or even made to dress would there bemorecdguys or less and more tolerance towards us? This thought comes from all the girl that had to dress girly as kids and now hate it, or all the guys that had to put on suit’s and tie or as my son says monkey suit, and hate it.
the flip side is we do it (we are not suppose dress this way we are rebelling then we find we like it and then the guilt’s, and anguish the exploring of gender we branch out to all limbs of the gender tree (how would you put this thought in to a hypotheses, idea)
There is a thread cdboys vs cdgirls I did not want to hijack it, so I came hear to post these thoughts I don’t know if gg’s really know how limited guys are in our roles.
I look back and see that gg have advanced there clothing attire and there role in society while the guy has narrowed his down and is now very limited and stagnant.

And males are to blame, wouldn’t you say, since invention, in regards to personal expression, is frowned upon as a “sissy” activity. You are witnessing, on this site, an effort by many males to overcome this unfair set of expectations that stagnate society – it’s underground, by necessity, but at least it’s somewhere...

I think if boys were allowed to dress as girls, some of them might keep doing it and there would be a few more MtF crossdressers out there. On the other hand, if boys were forced to dress as girls it would either create a violent masculine (read: boyish) backlash, or a whimpering surrender – I would recommend looking up “petticoat punishment,” unless you dislike crying boys...
:cry:

It all depends on the individual, in this case an individual boy, and the amount of “girl” he has in him – either he seeks to inhibit his inherent femininity, or he replaces any urges he may have with overt acts of masculinity for the benefit of his peers. If a girl hates to dress all “girly,” does that imply that she has a lot of “boy” in her? Maybe she just likes male clothing for practical reasons, while our crossdressing boy likes the impracticality of what he chooses (or is forced) to wear. I don’t really think we (as males) are limited in our roles – we can pretty much do what we like, constantly weighing the pros and cons of consciously slipping out of our masculinity. Personally, I like the choices we have – you really can be ALL you can be...

Annaliese2010
05-18-2011, 04:15 PM
The 21st century male is like the 1st as well: an anachronism an echo an out of time last in line clueless foolish creature whose usefulness has long since passed. The defect is not one in cause but rather multitudinous; his genetic essence; biochemical map and overall functioning is fundamentally and take a breath please... neuropsychophysiologically unfit (whew!) or to put it simply crudely coldly...he has a d##k not t#ts. The 'Man for All Seasons' has inherited none; and soon to fade will he, an ignominious end his destiny, unless I guess he.........umm...like...CHANGES already! ;)

erica12b
05-18-2011, 11:07 PM
well put and sadly true

see this is all the sad and true parts , we cant change the world im trying to find something anything love truth or understanding something

every thing is true here but only in the greys areas lol such deep thoughts its not what color our panty's are lol

Lorileah
05-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Here it is if boys where allowed to dress as girls
Who says you aren't allowed? Is there a law somewhere I missed? The only person stopping you is you.

or even made to dress :doh::rolleyes::facepalm: c'mon, you just want someone else to make up your mind for you. Sheessh

would there be more cd guys
No it would be common everyday dressing...just like GG's do everyday

more tolerance towards us? sort of a strange question if it was an "allowed" practice, why wouldn't there be tolerance?

the flip side is we do it (we are not suppose dress this way we are rebelling So is that why you started? Because it was forbidden? Good thing you didn't put your tongue on the frozen flag pole
then we find we like it so it is a gateway to obsessive behavior?

I don’t know if gg’s really know how limited guys are in our roles. once again who is limiting you? You do realize that women were put through the same things we get now 60 years ago right? But they fought through it and now you are ..I don't know, jealous?

I look back and see that gg have advanced there clothing attire and there role in society while the guy has narrowed his down and is now very limited and stagnant and who's fault is that? Designers give opportunity, men choose loose fitting non-attractive clothing over it. Women wear what they like and if you don't like it they don't really care.

I understand your frustration, I understand your confusion. But in reality it is men who are to blame. Men chose to give up things like wigs and heels and makeup (actually it was more a sign of frivolousness that had to go away in favor of working to survive). Now that we don't have to spend 12 hours a day behind a horse, we have the ability to take it back. And we are seeing it in the younger men who wear make up, nail polish, clothes that show the shape of the body more. You can wear a "monkey suit" that shows your style and body and that women find attractive. but look around, sweats, saggy T-shirts with 1987 tour dates, unshaven faces. That is how men want to present. Break this mold (and it will be broken in the next generation) and men will choose to wear clothes that highlight as well as clothes that are functional....just like women do now

Vanessa Storrs
05-19-2011, 03:03 AM
What would happen if all crossdressers instead of whining about how unfair it is that women have more choices in clothing than men, if all crossdressers instead of whimpering about being so afraid of being discovered, if all crossdressers pulled up their big girl panties, fixed their makeup and headed out of the closet, what would happen?