PDA

View Full Version : Great couple of weeks

Adelina
05-18-2011, 12:56 AM
I'm generally a pretty shy girl offline, but I have had a couple weeks of proud accomplishments recently.

A couple weeks ago, I walked into a nail salon in drab - and really not feminine looking - and asked for a pedicure. The young lady helping me was very kind and the massage chair was to die for. One of the "fingers" seemed to hit just the right spot on my backside, if you know what I mean. I got a nice green paint job, with pretty flowers, and smiles from all the girls and a welcome back. Made me feel rather girly. Great thing to do!

This weekend, I decided it was time to go dress shopping, again, not passably. I was out of town, so perfect time to do so. The first store I went into, I think the young girl knew, but I declined help at first. I bought a nice, long black dress that I'll enjoy a lot. There.

I went into another store, Addition Elle, where I must have spoke to most of the SAs and they were all quite friendly, though again I was a bit too chicken to ask for help. Finally, after musing around the store, I picked a few things in my size and asked to go into a change room. The girl was very nice. I found a dress there that fit really well, but I didn't buy it as I had the other one from the morning. I bought a body shaper - actually, one of the girls yelled out, "Hun, that one's my favourite" with a bunch of female customers all around for that, and a t-shirt. I'd definitely go back, and next time, ask for more advice. A lot of "huns" and a lot of attention.

I also went up to a makeup counter and threw on some very pink lipstick while in drab to wear around the mall. Probably should have hit the MAC store while I was in the fog, but I didn't realize they were so cool to work with until I read the posts on here. Can't wait to plan more adventures!

Almost forgot, took a picture of the toes..http://i56.tinypic.com/23kdppl.jpg

BethCD
05-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Adelina, That is way cool and very brave. You have to be comfortable in your own skin, in either gender. I can't say quite the same for myself tho. Today I was at Kroger and wanted to grab some lipstick if it wasn't too crowded in that area but there were a few ladies in the aisle, so I passed on the opportunity.........Next time.

RADER
05-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi Adelina;
Cute nails, however I thought St Patrick's day was in March. LOL
They do look bright.
Rader

Cynthia Anne
05-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Nothing like the fun of shopping! Glad you had so much fun! Next time wear open toe shoes! CUTE!

Adelina
05-18-2011, 11:40 PM
This girl loves green and it was my birthday Rader. They did have this bright purplish pink though that is screaming out for next time ;) and yes, I love the open-toed shoes, just have to find ones with a nice heel in my size.