PDA

View Full Version : something that made me feel good

arbon
05-18-2011, 11:33 PM
A couple of days ago I was in a business and used my male name because I am still presenting as male at work. Tonight a friend of mine, that was in the business at the time, was telling me that after I had left the woman that I had given my name to asked my friend "is'nt that strange that her name is (insert my male name)?" :)

Still presenting as male at work sucks, hate it, so hearing that tid bit of information made my day. Actually I am sure I will be glowing about it for the next month. Wishful thinking I am sure, but maybe I am not passing so well as a guy anymore. :heehee:

Jay Cee
05-19-2011, 06:00 AM
Nothing like positive reinforcement re: our true nature.

In the meantime - always use your female name when presenting as a woman. <trying to find the "wag of the finger" smiley>

BreenaDion
05-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Congratulations: Affirmation IMHO is the best road to travel. I was getting the nouns I wanted before I started to really come out. It was the driving force to bring down my walls of protectiveness that (He) my otherself had assembled to guard off unwanted dissemination. Good luck and may your journey be filled with possitive affirmations.
Breena.

Eileen
05-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Arbon what wonderful affirmation indeed! Someone very close to me has been told,when presenting as male, she was in the wrong restroom when she entered the mens room. Yes it seems you both are having a problem presenting as a male!

Eileen

Cynthia Anne
05-19-2011, 11:17 AM
[, but maybe I am not passing so well as a guy anymore. :heehee:[/QUOTE]

Aren't you the lucky one! Keep up the good work! Hugs!

Aprilrain
05-19-2011, 01:19 PM
maybe I am not passing so well as a guy anymore. :heehee:

Guy? what guy? revel in the good moments Theresa you deserve it.

Anna the Dub
05-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Good for you! It is a great feeling when that happens and really does give you a boost. Obviously, you are looking far more female than you realised. Something in a similar vein happened to me recently too. I got called 'madam' whilst out shopping despite wearing jeans and a tee shirt and it gave me a huge boost. And last week, I had the unfortunate experience of having to attend the funeral of my nephew and as some of my family were travelling over from Dublin, I decided to dress overtly male, shirt, black tie and black trousers, wishing to be anonymous and not detract from the solemnity of the day. It didn't work. My niece told me that my outfit looked ridiculous, that I looked very much like a woman dressed as a man and also that I was the spitting image of my sister. Another woman also told me I looked like a woman wearing her brothers clothes, and also that I looked extremely uncomfortable and out of place. It was a bright spot on an otherwise truly horrible day.

Hope
05-20-2011, 02:22 AM
I haven't changed my name legally yet, for a few simple reasons that are irrelevant here. But this means that my credit cards still have my guy name on them. It creates a few "Oh - that is the deal" sorts of looks from time to time.

I was at the gas station a few weeks ago and the guy behind the counter looked at my card and said "Ummmm... this card says "jim-bob" on it?" To which I replied "Only for a few more months..." and inside I jumped for joy.