PDA

View Full Version : Pics! and a mini-rant

walrusboy
08-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Rant first, I guess.

I'm a student, but every now and then, I have to work at the family business to cover when people are away, et cetera. Anyway, this woman who I'm sadly forced to work next to is possibly the most annoying person in the universe.
She just does *not* stop talking. She smells (I'm not being petty - both mu mum and dad have saif the same - I saw her once deodorising with air-freshener, but that's beside the point at the moment.), and she just cannot keep her mouth shut. She's the sort of person who'll say "I don't want to be bad, but..." and then throws some spiel of gossip at you. And she's not the greatest worker. Anyway. She took it upon herself to point out to me a young FtM in our shop. I'd heard (from her...) that this person existed and didn't think anymore about it except to think that it really wasn't any of her business. Whenever a relative came along, she'd chat happily to them, and then turn to me and say "you know that woman I was just talking to...well, her son..."
Today, said FtM came into the shop with his younger sister. I had no idea and wouldn't've taken a second look. I mean, i didn't know he was an FtM and it's really none of my business. She asked me to have a look and tell her what I thought. I didn't look and just said "So?" in my quiet and unassuming way. (my usual way is just to nod and smile when required and carry on working). I feel like this time, though, I should've said something more. Maybe because it's a subject closer to home than her general gossip, but Gah - I hate people like her. Sadly, we need her, else she'd be the first one sacked. I mean, gossip if you must, so long as it's behind closed doors and it's not to anyone. at all. :|

*sigh* rant over. have some pics and tell me what you think :)

Once again, I'm not really trying to pass as a woman, I just want to wear what I want :)

Amelie
08-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Ignore her, those frekin' people are eveywhere, if she gets the sack her replacement might be worse, just let her rant and rave, just think of it as air coming out of a balloon.

I like your style, very similar to mine(goth) I love the clothes, but unlike you I want to go all the way fem. That is your choice, you should live the way you want. I think it takes more guts to be a man in a skirt than to go full drag.
Are you into Goth in any way?

Love Amelie

Shinya
08-26-2004, 10:50 AM
I liked pic4. walrusboy. hummm. There might be something happening here.

Amelie, I like the look of goth yes. (looking at avatar) :rolleyes:

And hello to everyone.

Shinya

walrusboy
08-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Ignore her, those frekin' people are eveywhere, if she gets the sack her replacement might be worse, just let her rant and rave, just think of it as air coming out of a balloon.

I like your style, very similar to mine(goth) I love the clothes, but unlike you I want to go all the way fem. That is your choice, you should live the way you want. I think it takes more guts to be a man in a skirt than to go full drag.
Are you into Goth in any way?

Love Amelie

I used to be into goth, and i suppose I have the mentality, but I think I just adored it more for the clothes! both sadly and annoyingly, I have a lot of bodyhair, so being both masculine and feminine whenever I choose is tricky! also, living at home with parents who don't know is an issue. I'm in the mood to shave my legs again soon, but I always have the fear of being "found out" by them - ah, well - I'm happy as I am I guess - it's taken a while for me to accept it, but I am who I am. I have a paranoid streak, though, which prevents me from being who I want all the time, but one day... :)
*hugs*

walrusboy
08-26-2004, 11:00 AM
I liked pic4. walrusboy. hummm. There might be something happening here.

Shinya

Thanks! What do you think may be happening? lol :)

Amelie
08-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Hi! Shinya, Welcome

It looks like a dark awakening.

The begining of the end

Love Amelie

Shinya
08-26-2004, 11:11 AM
The dark is moving into the light. I have noticed the goth look and styles plus the gender blurring are coming back big.

I have always been a dark person and a CD. But never made a connection to goth styles until I found japanese visual-kei. If you google these band names you will see what I'm talking about Dir en Grey , Kagerou , Malice Mizer , Kagrra and Rouage. Great music and the gender lines are blown apart over there. Then over here Muderdolls are maken a move.

Thats what I'm saying if you thought other wise ;)

Amelie
08-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Will look them up, Thanks

I'm sort of old style goth- Specimen, Alien-Sex-Fiend, Siouxsie

Amelie

Shinya
08-26-2004, 11:16 AM
I see we are all in here right now

walrusboy
08-26-2004, 11:17 AM
The dark is moving into the light. I have noticed the goth look and styles plus the gender blurring are coming back big.

I have always been a dark person and a CD. But never made a connection to goth styles until I found japanese visual-kei. If you google these band names you will see what I'm talking about Dir en Grey , Kagerou , Malice Mizer , Kagrra and Rouage. Great music and the gender lines are blown apart over there. Then over here Muderdolls are maken a move.

Thats what I'm saying if you thought other wise ;)

one can never tell! I know a friend who *loves* Malice Mizer :) the look is incredible! It's a shame that so many people are afraid to be who they are, and that we live in an environment that almost demands conformity. It's changing, slowly, but it is changing, I think :)

Shinya
08-26-2004, 11:20 AM
I really do think it is too. Oh yeah , I received a picture of Kyo of Dir en Grey sitting with Murderdolls. So I think there is going to be something big going on in the future. I just hope something takes off there. Would be sweet....

Shinya

By the way, whats my problem I can't seem to get pictures on the post?

Amelie
08-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Just listened to a sample of Dir en Grey, very good, japanese band, i like that.
Amelie

Shinya
08-26-2004, 11:30 AM
I turned into a big Jrocker in the past two years. I have almost everything Dir en grey put out on video now. And , the comp is stuffed with jrock goodness (80gigs). Thank you WinMX lol...

I should shut my trap, this is like a tread hijacking. Sorry about that walrusboy....

Shinya

Amelie
08-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Also seen photos of Malice Mizer, I think they look so cool. I couldn't hear them yet, I'm not so good with computer. I sometimes think the Japanese can show us something, They have a different lifestyle than us, not as many hang-ups. Thanks for the info Shinya, I have been in the "Goth Closet" for a while so I'm a little rusty.

Love Amelie

PS I also apologize to Walrusboy, I just felt crazy, and lost myself for a moment, Sorry Walrusboy

walrusboy
08-26-2004, 11:48 AM
no worries!
bit of an ego-boostl to have a thread with so many replies!!

Amelie
08-26-2004, 11:58 AM
I used to be into goth, and i suppose I have the mentality, but I think I just adored it more for the clothes! both sadly and annoyingly, I have a lot of bodyhair, so being both masculine and feminine whenever I choose is tricky! also, living at home with parents who don't know is an issue. I'm in the mood to shave my legs again soon, but I always have the fear of being "found out" by them - ah, well - I'm happy as I am I guess - it's taken a while for me to accept it, but I am who I am. I have a paranoid streak, though, which prevents me from being who I want all the time, but one day... :)
*hugs*

Just be whatever you want, there are no rules, just as long as your happy,
I sometimes get paranoid, you're not alone.

Love Amelie

Shinya
08-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Just say you jioned a swim team or something like that , that do full body shave for speed :D

Of course never the hair on your head, put that under a swimmers cap :p

Girl.Faye
08-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Or you can always tell them it was one of those drunken dares that your friends set you up on. ;p

walrusboy
08-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Or you can always tell them it was one of those drunken dares that your friends set you up on. ;p

I think for that to work, they'd have to believe that I was handy with a razor while legless! (no pun intended :S)

Girl.Faye
08-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Just tell them a girl did it for you ;p Hehe, ok that's getting a bit too far.

walrusboy
08-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Just tell them a girl did it for you

ah, if only! :D

Amelie
08-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Not to sound funny, but I hung out with some bike messingers, and they shaved their legs. The theory was if they fell off they're bikes the hair would tear the skin more, so they shaved they're legs. I don't know if you bike ride, but it's worth a try.

Love Amelie

walrusboy
08-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Not to sound funny, but I hung out with some bike messingers, and they shaved their legs. The theory was if they fell off they're bikes the hair would tear the skin more, so they shaved they're legs. I don't know if you bike ride, but it's worth a try.

Love Amelie

I always thought it was just so that they could go faster...
although, that said...they're not exactly olympic-swimmers!...and the skin-tearing does make that much more sense!!

The hairlessness thing isn't that much of a big deal for me at the moment anyway - I can wear thick tights and you can't tell :) I'd love to go out dressed again, but don't really have anyone to go with - the people who know all live far away, or are busy with their significant others, and there's a load of people I know from uni who *don't* know and probably wouldn't understand. But it's ok :)

the last time I went out, I got chatting to this drunk guy near the Millenium Wheel who was really friendly and thought that the knee-high PVC boots and black, full length cotton wrap-skirt I was wearing was a good look for me. made my night :) I guess it goes to show that maybe the paranoia that a lot of us feel *isn't* justified.

am I digressing again? it's a little late and I think I might sleep anyway :)
night!

Sara Kat
08-26-2004, 09:23 PM
*sigh* rant over. have some pics and tell me what you think :)

Once again, I'm not really trying to pass as a woman, I just want to wear what I want :)
I love your outfits! I think I might need to get some for myself now. :)

walrusboy
08-27-2004, 01:57 AM
I love your outfits! I think I might need to get some for myself now. :)

you have to post pics! :D I "need" more shoes, skirts, tops, and I've got a terrible urge for a waspie/corset!

Sara Kat
08-27-2004, 02:05 AM
you have to post pics! :D I "need" more shoes, skirts, tops, and I've got a terrible urge for a waspie/corset!
Soon! I need to get my hands on a digital camera (and practice looking better :p ).

Starluscious
09-03-2004, 10:37 AM
I can't see yoru face fully but I bet you're beautiful. I know you can pass as a female. I am going to go out and get myself some sexy boots like that and something similiar to what you are wearing. You have great taste and a wonderful body to with what you wear. BE proud of you who you are. I know I am

Love
Starluscious
Beautiful pics and angles you captured your beauty at :) :D

joannablake
09-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey I love your pics that you posted I have alot of friends that are goth. I thought about trying the goth look but dont know where to start at any ideas from the goth gals?

Love Always
Joanna

Amelie
09-03-2004, 11:24 AM
Joanna, I know of some online stores that sell punk-goth clothes, shoes and make-up etc.

www.goodgoth.com

www.spookyboutique.com/page1.html

www.fantasiawear.com/boots.htm

Just pick what you like and wear it.

Love Amelie

walrusboy
09-03-2004, 11:59 AM
I can't see yoru face fully but I bet you're beautiful. I know you can pass as a female. I am going to go out and get myself some sexy boots like that and something similiar to what you are wearing. You have great taste and a wonderful body to with what you wear. BE proud of you who you are. I know I am

Love
Starluscious
Beautiful pics and angles you captured your beauty at :) :D

wow, *blush* Thanks! I don't usually have the time or freedom to put on make-up and stuff, and curse my hair, I nee dit cut short again. but thank you so much! :)
*hugs*

walrusboy
09-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Joanna, I know of some online stores that sell punk-goth clothes, shoes and make-up etc.

www.goodgoth.com

www.spookyboutique.com/page1.html

www.fantasiawear.com/boots.htm

Just pick what you like and wear it.

Love Amelie

goodgoth & spookyboutique have the *best* stuff! shame I'm in the UK, where it's all that much more expensive :S struggling to find a good, classy dress - the only one I've been able to find that I want is this (http://www.boz.ne.jp/main.php?act=detail&sysnum_lrg=2&sysnum_mid=2&sysnum_item_cd=409&20040904040723)
but it's in Ja[an, and costs £££ :(

I like the goth scene so much because you're that much more free to be who you are and wear what you want without any hassle. Don't get enough chance to go out dressed anymore, but I often wonder who the uni-crew would react if I turned up in a skirt ^_^

Amelie
09-03-2004, 12:22 PM
There must be some stores in the UK, goth is bigger there. I like the dresses you just posted, I can see a japanese goth wearing them or any goth for that matter. Have you ever gone to Whitby, for the goth gathering? I think that's the best place for a goth festival, with Brahm Stoker writing Dracula there. Once again there must be goth shops in the UK.

Love Amelie

walrusboy
09-03-2004, 12:41 PM
There must be some stores in the UK, goth is bigger there. I like the dresses you just posted, I can see a japanese goth wearing them or any goth for that matter. Have you ever gone to Whitby, for the goth gathering? I think that's the best place for a goth festival, with Brahm Stoker writing Dracula there. Once again there must be goth shops in the UK.

Love Amelie

There're lots, but not with anything I want, really - I'm trying to avoid going for anything too tacky (of which there is a *lot!*) or too over the top - that dress from Japan is almost exactly what I want, but I'm still on the lookout ^_^

whitby just petrifies me - The drug culture that exists in the goth culture worries me loads - I've seen pics of people at whitby doing lines of coke or something off glass-fronted picture frames :\

cherry_cn
09-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Where's the face?I want to see it!!!!!

walrusboy
09-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Where's the face?I want to see it!!!!!

I need to buy some more/better makeup!!

Priss
09-06-2004, 11:37 AM
I didn't look and just said "So?" in my quiet and unassuming way. (my usual way is just to nod and smile when required and carry on working). I feel like this time, though, I should've said something more.
To say more, may be to out yourself... If that's what you want to do, fine...

I suppose the real question, is how do we change the world, so that we are free to live our lives the way that we want to? The best way, may be just exactly what you did... The more people that say this to her (so what?), over enough time she'll get the idea that it just doesn't matter. Granted there will always be those religous fanatics, who will never give it up... But still, if enough people are saying it to them (So What?), maybe they'll eventually just shut up about it... That's a lot of maybe's though. :rolleyes:

joannablake
09-06-2004, 12:56 PM
thank you for the sites Amelie, I will check them out.