PDA

View Full Version : Finally went for smooth legs.

RobinCA
05-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I have until recently only been shaving my legs in the winter where I could keep them hidden. The other day I finally said to myself I don't care what anyone says and shaved my legs for the summer. I live where it gets quite hot and wear shorts all the time. I hope no one bothers me about it and if they do, I was wondering how some of you other girls out there deal with it. It feels so empowering and sexy, I just love it! Please respond if you would like. Thank you,

Robin.

JamieTG
05-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Now a days shaved legs don't even raise an eyebrow. I've kept my whole body shaved for over ten years and nobody, not even co workers, has ever made a comment. I wouldn't worry at all about it.

RenneB
05-19-2011, 12:35 PM
If someone asks, I tell them I stood too close to the camp fire and the hairs just never came back. The SO hasn't gotten that close as we're on different planets right now in our relationship, though still under the same roof. It's like we're .... oh that's for another thread.

Renne...

StaceyJane
05-19-2011, 12:38 PM
I started shaving my legs everyday two years ago and I haven't regretted once.

sweetjan
05-19-2011, 12:43 PM
I was worried about shaving my legs and this site helped me. My family has seen my legs since we have had some hot days and no one said one thing.

DonnaT
05-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Mine are shaved year round, and no one's said a thing.

suzy1
05-19-2011, 01:15 PM
A few weeks ago my daughter noticed that I had no hair on my arms. Then after a few more questions I told her that I epilated my legs, body and arms.
Why? She asked. I just said I did not like to be hairy. She was perfectly happy with that explanation. No problem!

SUZY

Amber_Lynn
05-19-2011, 01:23 PM
I used to do a lot of cycling and shaved my legs. No one said a word about it. Sometimes you can look at men's legs and it's really hard to tell if they shave, or if they just have light hair. Whenever I was asked about it I would just laugh it off and usually close out the discussion with a comment that when I shaved I used my butt crack as the finish line.

Since then I have not been riding much and all the hair has grown back. It's time to get back on the bike and pull out the rasor :)

hollydee
05-19-2011, 02:16 PM
I love shaving my legs, I can't go back to before but I am nervous about wearing shorts, keep looking for 3/4 length ones like women have.

Holly

Dian077
05-19-2011, 02:24 PM
I have been shaving year round for a couple of years now. At first I had a couple of questions from some of the guys at work. Just said I didn't like them hairy. No more questions from them.
Kids, now thats a different story. They will notice and blurt it out "hey, you shaved your legs" "Why" they get the same answer, because I don't like hair every where, just like some men shave their faces and some don't. Simple enough.

KayleeDahl
05-19-2011, 02:43 PM
I've only had two people ever mention it to me in the years that I've had my legs shaved. 1 was my sister, and she just asked about it, and i said I did it for cycling. (which was true) and the other was a very close friend who kinda called me out on it when we were hanging out one day in his yard. I was there with a group of girls & there was a dog running around our legs, sniffing us etc. He must have taken a double take, looking down at the dog, and all the shaved legs.. and then realizing one set was mine.. lol He asked a bout it, and my girlfriend actually answered for me, said it was for training/cycling.

For the most part NO-ONE cares about it... and like another poster said, with some guys you almost can't tell becuase their hair is so light.

I say do it, and enjoy it, and if anyone asks you, claim to have started cycling and say that a pro told you that you should do it if you are serious about cycling. :) No matter what, there is no-one out there who likes to rip bandaids off of hairy legs! that just makes crashing 10x worse!

Hugs
Kaylee

hollydee
05-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the advice Kaylee

Holly

Paulacder
05-19-2011, 02:59 PM
I have ben shaveing my legs for the past 15 yrs. Only a couple times has anything ben said, once in Wall Mart's, and it was actually a compliment. It was the middle of the summer, my legs were real tan and I was wearing a pair of ladies shorts. I was standing in the check out line when the lady behind me asked " What do you use on your legs, they look great" I smiled back and said plenty of lotion. She smiled........