PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Yourself as Others See You

christine55
05-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Just put up a mirror where you can see yourself as you sit, walk, cross your legs,
etc. Much easier to correct your mistakes when you can see them as you do them. Still pics are one thing, even with videos, it is so much easier to correct your feminine movement if you can see it just as you do it.

Hugs, Christine

Intertwined
05-22-2011, 04:15 PM
OR :heehee: you could do what I did, go to the Employee of the year ceremony for your company, wearing a skirt and heels as I did, and because I was one of the nominees, had to go on stage in front of nearly 400 co-workers :D , I am still getting cell phone pictures of myself in the e-mail a week later...

Fab Karen
05-22-2011, 04:30 PM
If you watch yourself live on video ( in monitor ), you will for example move your right arm when it's the left one you want to move ( we're not used to seeing ourselves from that view ).
But yes, for example dancing in front of a mirror you can see what looks good & improve your movements.

Celeste Aileen
05-22-2011, 04:57 PM
An interesting thought. I try to see Celeste as others (would) see her ... but there is a disturbing result.

My mirrors (even a three-way) like what they see most of the time, as I do. But ... digital cameras apparently don't lie ... I find that only about one out of five of my photos look acceptable to me. The particular outfit feels good, I think it looks good, but the camera finds poses (natural as I can make them) which disappoint. In photos, the outft looks less than correct, and the "smile" is disturbingly deficient.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Intertwined
05-22-2011, 05:16 PM
The reason video and images look different, is because they are 2 dimensional, when you look at yourself even in a mirror, its 3 dimensional, stereoscope. So don't always trust how you look in a picture or video, full lenght mirrors are the best if available.

Cynthia Anne
05-22-2011, 05:55 PM
When I see my self as others see me I don't lile what I see! Just as they don't! So I look beyond that and see who I am!

Kaz
05-22-2011, 06:18 PM
When I see my self as others see me I don't lile what I see! Just as they don't! So I look beyond that and see who I am!

Whilst the OP concept is a great idea, this is not what they see... it is what you see... and the "truth" is in the eye of the beholder. We need to learn and observation is a good technique... but we really need to bear in mind that what we see is not what others see. So there will always be the need for the inner vision... I am who I am...

Kathryn Philips
05-22-2011, 06:33 PM
An interesting thought. I try to see Celeste as others (would) see her ... but there is a disturbing result.

My mirrors (even a three-way) like what they see most of the time, as I do. But ... digital cameras apparently don't lie ... I find that only about one out of five of my photos look acceptable to me. The particular outfit feels good, I think it looks good, but the camera finds poses (natural as I can make them) which disappoint. In photos, the outft looks less than correct, and the "smile" is disturbingly deficient.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Yes. I have various styles of smile (mouth more or less open, showing thee or not, etc) but never know how they will look until I see the photo. For every photo you see of me in the gallery section there are many others in which I look terrible. Likewise I imagine my pose being very feminine only to find very disappointing photographic results.

Noortje
05-23-2011, 09:19 AM
I often find myself more attractive in the mirror than in pictures / videos. Is this because the pictures / videos are more truthful? Or because the mirror image is "live", and all the tiny imperceptible motions and expressions communicate my personality?

I wish I knew, because mirror-me looks like a great girl, and picture-me like an ugly dude in a skirt.

thechic
05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
I often look for my reflection in shop windows and mirrors,also the mirrors in restroom are handy,or just ask a friend.

Samantha Jaynes
05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
I find there's only one photo in 50 of myself that I like. I guess I'm super self critical. I hate seeing any sign of masculinity when I'm a girl. I can zero in on the smallest detail and have it ruin any picture.

Kaz
05-23-2011, 03:19 PM
I often find myself more attractive in the mirror than in pictures / videos. Is this because the pictures / videos are more truthful? Or because the mirror image is "live", and all the tiny imperceptible motions and expressions communicate my personality?

I wish I knew, because mirror-me looks like a great girl, and picture-me like an ugly dude in a skirt.

I know exactly what you mean... quite often I have seen me in the mirror then I shoot the photos and what I get is very different! Someone responded to one of my posts that I may be a better dresser than a photographer, and there-in lies an issue. Photos are not necessarily true likenesses - same with videos. It is about what the light catches, and if you are using flash photography we are into a different ballpark. This is one reason why professional photographers have a job! It is not easy to get a true representation.

I recently read that whatever make-up you use, whatever the beard cover... a full on flash will find the little buggers and you will have stubble... so true! So for me some pics work and most don't, but those that do give me confidence.

Maria 60
05-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Some time's when i dress and i think i look good and look in the mirror and still think i look good. Than i will take some pic's and wow i look bad, i see lots of male parts sticking out, and my posing isn't even feminine and think that before the pic's i thought i looked good. I now try to take more pic's so i could improve my female movements and posing and just acting like a lady and stop sitting in a skirt with my legs open.

Pythos
05-23-2011, 09:56 PM
To be honest, when I look in the mirror after getting into my stuff, be it Androg, or fully fem, I love what I see. I love the transformation from just me to, ME. LOL. But I do wonder if I am seeing more than is there, and if in fact I look utterly foolish.

The images in my pics look, okay. It just is really cool to have nice compliments make me realize I am not that bad looking.