PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country Trip

Sarah_Jane
05-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Early next month I'll be going on a 16 hour road trip that will take me across 6 different states, one two of which will be Kentucky and Tennessee, don't know why but those two scare me. . . .

I want to drive dressed, I know lots of you have taken such journeys. Could you give me tips and/or pointers as to your experiences. I plan on sticking to the freeway pretty much the entire way.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!! :)

Cynthia Anne
05-22-2011, 09:33 PM
I don't think that you have much to worry about! I have been in both states and lived in Kentucky! I have always been an active cd-er and never had a problem there! You are proubley thinking 'redneck country'! True, but they're usually nice folks! Hell, I put them to shame when it comes to being a redneck! Thats right I'm a redneck girl! And proud of it! HugsAND have a nice trip!

sherri
05-23-2011, 09:08 AM
When you need to stop for something, if you stick to the big rest stops and fueling centers along the interstate you'll be fine. Just wear a sweet smile, act confident even if you're not, use the women's restrooms but don't linger. I go so far as to go into fast food places, and check into motels en femme, never have problems. Be aware of what's going on around you, but try to relax and have fun. It's the only way to go.

samantha48328
05-23-2011, 09:28 AM
I like to go into small gas stations because they have small rest rooms and you can go in and lock the door and be alone. Yes I do this and always use the ladies room. Never had a problem.
Samantha

samantha48328
05-23-2011, 09:28 AM
I like to go into small gas stations because they have small rest rooms and you can go in and lock the door and be alone. Yes I do this and always use the ladies room. Never had a problem.
Samantha

samantha48328
05-23-2011, 09:33 AM
I like going into small gas stations because they have small restrooms where you can lock the door and be alone. Yes I do this and never had a problem.

Samantha

Wendy_Marie
05-23-2011, 09:42 AM
I buy into the safety in numbers theory and think that the busier facilities are safer simply due to the fact that anyone wanting to start trouble may be a little more hesitant to do so out of fear of being arrested...There are times though when like Samantha above I do stop at the smaller facilities... Just use your head and let common sense dictate your decisions and I am sure you will be fine.

Sarah_Jane
05-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I'll try and drink as little water as possible ;)

Robynts
07-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Sarah, we are all waiting on the final punch line! How did the trip go?

Jane G
07-21-2011, 09:20 AM
The bigger filling stations have chip & pin refueling so easy to refuel, here in the uk at least. I've been in small filling stations were you had to ask at the desk for a key to the toilet, don't think there are many of those left. Certainly when your behind the wheel, it prety unlikly any one will read you. I've alway enjoyed driving dressed, it's a place you can relax and enjoy the passing world from. So enjoy the trip and tell us all about it when you get back.

Jane