PDA

View Full Version : Yet another, "Dress your age", thread!

docrobbysherry
05-22-2011, 10:57 PM
While having lunch the other day, I looked up to see a slim, well dressed, woman heading for a soda refill with her back to me. I wanted to see how cute she was, because she looked good from behind!:daydreaming:

Off white stylish, open, long sleeved sweater over her lite print blouse. Straight leg dark jeans that went down over her approx. 4" dark heels. Pretty shoulder length, layered, blond hair with dark brown streaked underneath. :)
I thot she must be in her late 20's, to middle 40's.:D

I tried not to be obvious when I looked up again as she walked back toward me. OMG! She was at least 75!!:eek:

Girls and GG girls, I'm telling u, if u have the figure for it, u can dress pretty much however u like! Agree?:thumbsup: DON'T agree?:thumbsdn:

Kathi Lake
05-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Agreed. As long as I have this freakish body, I'm going to dress just as I want to!

:)

Kathi

Starr
05-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Now wait a min... if I dress my age... which age do I dress... my girl age... or my boy age. No I am not talking about women telling their age..

It is just me or do most of you find when you dress we seem to look several years younger? Most people see me dressed and think I am in my 40's when I am in my late 50's.

hope this makes sense.. it is late

Tanya C
05-22-2011, 11:06 PM
I agree. I always say that I don't mind dressing my age as long as I get to pick the age.

Cari
05-22-2011, 11:14 PM
I do have a few rules: (it might be fun to start a list here)

If it has a year on it Ill think twice, No one will believe I'm graduating HS next year. (or within the last few years for that matter)
I stay away from anything with writing across my butt.
I wont wear any sponge bob or powder puff girls stuff.
And the entire Punky Brewster collection is off the list.

But outside of that I don't see many rules to follow.
If I'm comfortable with the image in the mirror for the event I'm attending Ill wear it.

busker
05-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Sherry, I too have seen some older ladies dressed very well and looking both young, fashion wise, and their age. Perhaps it should be "dress your body type", age being used for "modesty" purposes.
I have also seen both young and old dress in tights or other "painted on" clothing with definitely the wrong body for it--they were very "zaftig". The problem is that it appears that some women want to join in the current fashion display and have lost their sense of judgement on whether it fits them or not. IF you are 5 ft 5 in, and 200 pounds, I think things like tights are really out of bounds for that body type, unless one has low self esteem.
It is nice to see older women who can pull it off and they look confident as well. Why not, we only live once.

daviolin
05-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Its not so much as dressing your age, but dressing for the occassion. I'm a 63 year old broad. and I would wear this outfit out. In fact I have worn this out before. It was a nice summers day in a artsy tourist town. strolling the streets and the shops. I got many complements on this outfit from other girls and the shop owners. Daviolin

Sara Jessica
05-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Hey Sherry, the outfit you described that other woman wearing sounds very tasteful. In fact, it's not unlike anything I would wear myself, including the heels so I'm glad to hear that she rocked them at 75. It means I have a lot of years left in me!!! :)

Pythos
05-23-2011, 08:52 AM
If you have the build, as well as the attitude, you can wear anything you like. Actually it is all about attitude, and very little about your build.

RachelOKC
05-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Wear whatever you want to wear. Wear an evening gown to Walmart or shorts to the symphony. Our teen members can wear pantsuits and our senior members can wear micro minis. Whatever, it's your right.

Just don't be upset if you hear people snickering at your choices. You've got your rights, and they've got theirs.

Jannette H
05-23-2011, 05:33 PM
You should dress how you feel and not what people think you should. I wouldn't want to own some of the items that are supposed to be age appropriate for someone who is 62 yrs. I own and wear a lot of skirts and blazers and a ton of blouses in all kinds of colors and also wear high heels not 5" anymore now mostly 21/2 to 3". I'm happy.

Jilmac
05-23-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't know if there is really any age specific clothing any more but I say if a woman in her 60's or 70's has the figure and is proud enough to show it off, then more power to her. I'm willing to bet it makes her feel younger than her actual age. As for me, I've been told by several GGs that I look 10 to 15 years younger than my actual age when I'm fully dressed, and that puts a smile on my face.

Cynthia Anne
05-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Gee! How old am I! I have seen that look, now I am 'THAT' LOOK!

ReineD
05-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Or, Doc, maybe she was 40-50 but looked 75 due to years of having been under that California sun? :D

Paula T
05-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Its wonderful to hear a story like that. As most older gals just don't seem to like to dress (shall we say SEXY) as an outfit like she was wearing would in my opinion be sexy. JMHO:)

Kate Lynn
05-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Dress my age,what for,right now I'm wearing Miley Cyrus short shorts,with a light blue tank top,and ZiGiNY light blue square toe ballet flats,definetly not my age.

Oh my age is old fart.......:D

eluuzion
05-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Hey, I have always been under the impression that “artists” and “actors/actresses” are exempt from dress "rules"?

“Seams” like a winner to me...! :D:love: