PDA

View Full Version : Working on Your Legs....

Paulacder
05-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Wife and I were in a restraunt having dinner when I overheard 4 young girls at the next table talking about shaving and tanning their legs. One asked, have you ben "Working on your legs". I thought this was a clever term to use. They all agreed that shaving, with plenty of lotion and sun makes for tan smooth leggs. I thought to myself, thats a no brainer girls.

Leanne2
05-23-2011, 05:52 AM
Hi Paula,
I like smooth, hair free, tanned legs as well; don't we all? My best time to tan is when I'm mowing my lawn. Ours is large so it takes three hours on a Cub Cadet rider. I start out wearing loose gym shorts and an "old man" under shirt. Then, after a while, if the sun is too direct I change into a T shirt. Then later I might put on jeans if I feel that I'm getting too much sun. I want a tan, not a burn. Nothing looks better than smooth tanned legs under a skirt or shorts. And my wife is jealous because I have no cellulite. Enjoy your summer, Leanne

RenneB
05-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Ha, been workin' on the legs for some time now. Started off that I thought aerobics would get me a date and all I ended up with was great calves.... Now I'm working on reducing the size of the calves and have done everything from bronzing to shaving. Last night when the family was in bed, I stayed down to watch some tube. This is when I get to really spend a few monents on the legs. I bring out some lotion and a razor and trim up the little hairs that I don't seem to get in the shower. Smooth on some lotion and then work on the toe nails. Sand, file clip and wa laaa great legs.

Renne.....

"Mary"
05-23-2011, 10:09 AM
I recommend frequent exfoliation. I use a green scrub pad in the shower. Tan - definitely. Jergens healthy glow and walmart equivalent are great for spring until you get a natural tan. I find that a modest tan hides pores well.

Vickie_CDTV
05-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Given my background, I'd be inclined to remind the girls that if they keep constantly tanning their legs (or anything else), they are not going to look so hot when they get older (especially if they develop melanoma and have to have a chunk cut out of them.)

StarrOfDelite
05-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Use Oil of Olay body wash as the lubricant when you shave instead of foam. much kinder to your skin, and gets results just as good or better.

Starr
05-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Well timely topic, i just came in from getting some sun on my legs. i keep ths shaved and smooth need to start working on adding oil or lotion to keep them from drying out. i had gotten a lot of sun on my upper body the last few weeks working outside either mowing grass or cleaning up the cars. Wore a tank top some and then took it off and got prettty good tan but had to go back to something on my shoulders due to the over load on sun there.
The legs arre the hardest for me can't seem to get them to tan much ... I either stay to long and burn, or not long enough. One other thing don't have to worry about what the sun does to them when I get older... I am already Older... but will be careful of skin cancers...

star

Chrissy.Sexton
05-23-2011, 02:16 PM
I work on my "stems" daily. They get a close shave in the shower and as much soothing lotion as they can absorb. As for tanning, I'm a sun worshipper so they are bronzed all over this time of year.

If I say so myself, they look great in my little plaid schoolgirl skirt strutting down the street. They are my best feature!