PDA

View Full Version : So you have great natural hair but....

DonniDarkness
05-23-2011, 06:58 AM
I have really long hair for a guy and i keep it very nice, however i love my hair style in guy mode (i have it clipped short underneath so when i wear a ponytail its pretty masculine) in fact i wear it this way because if i style it in a cute cut ppl give me a harder time because a already look pretty damn femme. But i want bangs! Full length hair is great but as i said i just cant make myself cut it...

So after talking about it with my wife for the last few weeks, i decided to pick one from the Forever young line from voguewigs.com. Now i feel silly because i do really like my hair but this wig is so cute and it screams "This is You!"....but i think for the first time in a long time i have buyers remorse....What i mean is i only want the wig for pics.....and possibly an outing this summer during our mountain vacation....but as far as cding around the house and intimacy while in girl mode, it will hold no function at all.

During all this conversation about it with my wife she said that she has wanted to cut her hair short for a long time now......so when i was ordering the wigs...i ordered her one as well (the one she pointed at and said "OMG thats so cute")
So we now have two really cute wigs on the way and she doesnt know that i ordered her one as well.

I feel vain and silly but maybe that will change once i have had a chance to try them on. So what do you think...Wigs acceptable as a style alternative for some pics and roleplaying? Or Do i really need to slow down the vain train?

Venting and could use some input from my friends

-Donni-

PS

For me: http://www.voguewigs.com/glam-rock-forever-young-wig.html

For Sugarmomma: http://www.voguewigs.com/always-sexy-forever-young-wig.html

Samantha_Smile
05-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Ever considder clip on extensions? Ebay is your friend ;)

Danni Renee
05-23-2011, 07:30 AM
I think wigs are a great way to explore what you want. If you like the style, maybe you can decide to style your real hair like that. I have several Forever Young wigs, including an Always Sexy and I really like them. But I would trade all the wigs in the world to have my realy hair long - forget what every one else says. 4 more years and I will.......

Samantha Jaynes
05-23-2011, 07:37 AM
I just cut my hair short for the first time in a couple of years, and I kind of regret it already. My partner doesn't like me to wear wigs really. She feels they are too fake, whether on me or anyone else, and I do understand her. She kindly says I can wear my wig if I want, but truth me told, I preferred my own natural, long hair.

DonniDarkness
05-23-2011, 01:16 PM
SO i guess im not over reacting then? I can do quite a few styles with my hair as is sprunch, flat iron, curl....but the only thing i cant do is have bangs and those cool side flares where it is layered... And there is the whole picture thing too...I seen so many transformations here on this site and i am personally amazed at some of the transformations people in the boy vs girl mode thread have, and so much of it is on account of the "right" wig style.

Also i think it will do alot with my confidence in pictures. And i soooo want pics from this upcoming vacation and the ability to look like me and have some sexy cool cut with my hair is just exciting.

To those who have long hair does it boost confidence levels at all with being able to have different looks?

-Donni-

AllieSF
05-23-2011, 02:47 PM
I agree that you can have a lot of fun with a wig, and even several ones. No, you do not have to use them all the time. One thing that you may find as you experiment with different wig styles, lengths and colors is that you may eventually want to change your natural hair style. Experimentation can make it all happen. So enjoy your new wig and share some pics, if you can or want to.

linda allen
05-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Real, natural hair beats a wig any day. It's not overly hot and it won't fall off or end up sideways. It's bad enough everything else has to be fake. If I could pull off the hair (figutatively speaking), I would do it.