PDA

View Full Version : Confidence grows

KatieZ
10-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Well in a previous post I told of my solo journey out for the first time last week. This weekend was a tiny bit more.

I went out to the same club Fri. night and had a nice time with the new friends I met. One of them told me of a thrift shop nearby where you can buy as many clothes as you can cram in a bag for $3. So Sat. morning I decided to do some shopping. I put on pantyhose under my jeans and no socks. I was determined to find a much needed new pair of shoes. So first I head to the thrift store. It was packed but I picked up a bag from the counter and dove head first into the women section. I didn't notice any strange looks as I was looking at skirts and dresses and holding them up to myself. One black lady did say "well I struck out today" and I replied I was finding a lot myself. She said "good for you hon" and walked on. So I ended up picking out 4 skirts, 3 sweaters, 2 short sleeve knit tops, 1 long sleeve blouse, and a dress, all for only $3.

Then I headed to Payless. I went in and there were some other customers in the store but not in the aisle I was looking in. I found 2 pair of shoes that I liked and tried them on in the aisle. Nobody came into the aisle while I was there, but if they had there was no way they wouldn't notice. I had tried on each pair and took a few steps down the aisle to see how they felt. I bought one pair (and am going to get the other pair next time I get down there) and went to checkout. The cashier was very friendly and asked if I found everything ok and did I need any hose or socks. I told her no and paid and she wished me a good day.

Back home I tried on all my thrift store purchases and all but 1 skirt fit just fine. Then I got ready for Sat. night. I was attending my first tg support group meeting with the Dayton Valley Gems. I got ready and left the house at 5:40. Still a lot of daylight at that time of day but meeting started at 7 and it would be a 45 min. drive to get there. Since I wasn't familiar with that town I left early.

After I got on the road I realized I hadn't eaten and was getting hungry. So there was a MacDonalds on the way and I figured what the heck and went through the drive through. Ordered my food and pulled around to the window to pay. The look on the girls face was priceless. She had just taken an order from an obviosly male voice and she did a slight doubletake when she saw my. I could see "the light" go on in her head. LOL But she was very nice and smiled and as she handed me back my change she said have a fun evening. I pulled up to the pick up window and the girl there also smiled and wished me a good evening as well. I know they both read me and probably said something to each other after I left, but by the time I had finished my sandwich they had most likely forgot about it and that was a small price to pay for a full belly. Plus it was another important step for me.

The meeting went well and was a lot of fun. After the meeting some of the girls were going out and asked me to join them. I didn't hesitate. First stop was at a bar/resturant to pick up another girl that didn't make the meeting. Not a cd bar by any means but we were all treated well. I did see some looks from some of the customers when we came in, but it was more of a-oh crossdressers- look than of a -hey check out these freaks-look. Slowly we are gaining some acceptance girls.

After we left there we went to Celebrities night club for the remainder of the evening. Celebrities is a Drag show club and the girls on stage in their costumes looked just like the girls in Priscilla. One of the girls I was with got a couple pictures of me talking with one of the queens. Will post them later when I get them. But the overall days experiences were things I never would have dared do even 2 months ago. It is soooooooooo great to finally let Katie out to enjoy life.

And to all you girls that haven't got out yet....Whatcha waitin for? It's not as scary as you think.

Hugs

urban gypsy
10-02-2005, 09:34 AM
As I have found recently its all about how you percieve yourself and not how others see you, that enables you to build in confidence.

Julie York
10-02-2005, 01:02 PM
:thumbsup: Sounds like you had a good time.
$3.00 for a bag full of clothes sounds fun!

(P.S.: More people will answer if you use paragraphs. Makes it easier to read.)
:)

Rachel Morley
10-02-2005, 01:40 PM
And to all you girls that haven't got out yet....Whatcha waitin for? It's not as scary as you think.

Hi Katie,

Very inspiring post, I enjoyed reading it. I have only started going out en femme in the last few months, and I'm enjoying it very much. :) However, I have always been accompanied by my wife Marla and so I'm not sure if I'm in your league yet! I know for sure I would never be able to go to a drive through, order with my obvious male voice, and then pick up my food fully en femme. :o

I still have thoughts of "what will people think of me" going on in my head because they will know I'm a guy dressed up as a woman, so like I said, I'm not in your league yet because,at times, it's still scary for me. :)

uknowhoo
10-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Good for you Katie Z! It's true that confidence begets confidence. Thanks for sharing your story and inspiring the rest of us. Hugs, Tammi

Julie
10-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Katie,

Sounds like a great day! But that $3.00 bag of clothes! I'm seething with envy! I also admire your courage trying on shoes and holding clothes up to yourself openly. I still can't do that. :o

Thanks for sharing your day. It brought a smile to my face. :)

Eileen
10-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Katie,

You are doing great! I wish I had know you when I lived in Ohio.

Eileen

Wendy me
10-04-2005, 07:13 AM
oh what beets shopping??? shopping and getting a real good deal......enjoy.........

GypsyKaren
10-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Actually, the only thing that beats shopping is MORE SHOPPING!

Glad you had a great time out. I find a lot of cute things at great prices at thrift shops, just bought a new denim skirt and purse yesterday, and I think I'll go back out today.

GypsyKaren