PDA

View Full Version : Mannerisms and or actions we do as a Male BUT Never as a Female & Vice Versa

Maddie22
05-24-2011, 12:02 AM
So how much do your mannerisms change from male to female? What do you regularly do as a male that you wouldn't do as a female?

So this is a little crude but, I can be a little gassy. I let them go as a male, BUT never as female. I have some GG friends that let them fly all the time (I used to live with them so it's not really that big of a deal to me). Consequently for them I'll let it fly around them as well. Also around guys no big deal. BUT as my female self I won't dare do such a thing. Same goes for Burping, and I know some very girly girls that will burp like a man (not all the time) Mostly when drinking, it's kinda funny sometimes...but I don't again when I'm my female self.

I'm also a lot more complimenting as a female, not so much male.

So what about the rest of you?

ReineD
05-24-2011, 12:06 AM
I'll wait with bated breath to read all the responses, but in the meantime I have a question for you. :)

Do you burp and pass gas as a guy in front of girls too (not the ones you used to live with or that you drink with, but all the other girls), or just in front of other guys?

Maddie22
05-24-2011, 12:11 AM
I have a rule of thumb...if a girl does it in front of me, then it's fair game. Of course the one exception is my sister. She tortured me so much as a kid that I don't really care if she doesn't like it or not. When I say torture, she could get really mean. Five years older than me and if this tells you a little more about her, she is a US district attorney prosecutor now, you could only imagine how much she picked on me!

ReineD
05-24-2011, 12:17 AM
So if a girl doesn't do it then you won't? That's good. :)

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I was taught it's just not polite to do this in public even for guys. I guess what guys do among themselves is a different matter though. And I guess if you're living in a family, well that's OK too. You gotta do what you gotta do. But if you're an exec having a business lunch or you're in a business meeting, or you're a doctor with a patient, or you're in a classroom, would you or most guys let one rip or burp? I don't think so? Just curious. lol.

danielle512
05-24-2011, 12:40 AM
For me, definately no burping or farting as a girl, but as a guy, let it fly. That is unless I'm trying to impress a girl. As far as mannerisms, sitting with better posture and legs crossed instead of all laid out in a chair as a guy.

Maddie22
05-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Reine I still have manners even as a guy. I don't do what I please whenever I feel like it. I would never let any bodily functions go at innappropriate times. However it is a normal human function to do so, and there are times where it is fine to just let it go. I was hoping this would be a light hearted thread.

Danielle, I agree, I sit-up much more and cross my legs all the time when I'm out. I also only drink light beer, and that's if I drink beer at all. I like my cosmo's!!! Thanks Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha for making those popular!!!

I also watch "Chick-Flicks" Love Sex in the City!!! I want to see Bridesmaids so BAD LOL!!!

Cynthia Anne
05-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Well, it's nice to 'AIR' things out! But I don't consider doing so good mannerism nor polite! I may be country but I'm not going to jump off a bridge just because he or she did!Hugs!

JavaJunkie
05-24-2011, 09:28 AM
The greatest thing is I don't think I act that much different then when i'm in drab anymore. I'm calling it the bleed over affect lol but in any case it's never bothered me to seem fem as a guy. It does come in handy when en femme though ;P Anyways I think the worst I might do is sneeze (but they usually come in groups of 8-10 lol) a bunch but what are u gonna do about allergies? Mother nature needs to give a girl a break already!

Carole
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
En femme I'd never stand to have a pee......gets a bit messy and wet shoes.

Word of warning - please never belch and fart at the same time as a lowering of pressure in the stomach could cause you to implode!!!!!!!

eluuzion
05-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Since we seem to be focused on the manners and bodily functions side of the coin here...lol

My grandparents were pretty heavy duty socialites so my grandmother was an Amy Vanderbilt clone,:heehee: She was real intense when it came to teaching her grandchildren the "proper" way to behave. (mainly so we would never embarrass her at a social function, :brolleyes:

I remember getting in big trouble one time at home for “sniffing in” instead of “blowing my nose in a hanky” when I had a runny nose.:eek:

Between that, being sent to military school, plus the fact that I never learned how to play “cards with the guys” in school...I was “etiquette brainwashed” from the get-go. I may have been a juvenile delinquent, but I was one that knew which fork to use at a dinner table,:thumbsup:

My friends (male & a few female) make a career out of belching/farting as a joke. It never bothers me, and it is amusing at times, but something my “programming” won’t allow me to do I guess. I’m still amazed at how many guys insist on taking a “dump” at my house when they come over...another proclivity that I seemed to have missed. Those behaviors do not offend me. On the contrary, I often feel I am the one stuck with the anal retentive cross to bear...:sad:

I have a 1952 first edition hard back of “Amy Vanderbilt’s Complete Book of Etiquette” that I’m going to sell in an upcoming estate sale. Now, where do you suppose that thing came from? I could probably recite any part of it from memory...go figure, eh? :heehee:

:love:

VioletJourney
05-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Nothing. I'm still me when enfemme, I just look different. Acting different would be more like playing a character than expressing myself.

Karren H
05-24-2011, 02:39 PM
I always have to remember not to spit out the window of my truck when enfemme. Unless I'm in WV then not spitting is a dead give away!

Stephanie47
05-24-2011, 02:51 PM
The only mannerism that comes to mind is the way I cross my legs while sitting. As a female I always remember NOT to sit with my knees thrown open to expose my panties and thigh tops of my stockings. I also have to sweep my hair of my wigs from my face, which I do not have to due in male mode.

suchacutie
05-24-2011, 03:07 PM
I was at a pub last week, and people-watching is something I find fascinating. I was at the side of a U-shaped bar and at the corner opposite my side of the U was, nominally, a woman. She was served some chicken wings. Her mannerisms in eating those wings were anything but feminine. As I looked at "her" more I began to wonder whether she was TS/TG or GG.

I never could decide, but yet again here is a small mannerism that, if made by a TG/TS, could be a complete signal of "I'm not a GG" when all other signals are very feminine. Personally, I'm finding these little nuances very difficult to absorb completely! I know makeup and all that are difficult enough, as is a feminine voice, but all the rest of the "learned traits" growing up as a GG are very hard to identify and make natural! Practice, practice, practice!!!

Tina

Jodi
05-24-2011, 07:44 PM
I don't scratch my nuts when enfemme.

Jodi

ReineD
05-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Reine I still have manners even as a guy. I don't do what I please whenever I feel like it. I would never let any bodily functions go at innappropriate times. However it is a normal human function to do so, and there are times where it is fine to just let it go. I was hoping this would be a light hearted thread.

I'm sorry Becca. It IS a lighthearted thread. I was honestly curious. :) (I should have put in more smilies) :D