PDA

View Full Version : My coming out post (second coming out haha!)

Andrea85
05-24-2011, 02:51 AM
Well, after reading a coming out post here a minute ago, I thought I should post this. I'm out to my parents and pretty much everyone I know about being trans. I've mentioned dating guys before, but nothing much, and barely at all.

But just the other day, I was talking to my mom, and just out of the blue, I said, mom, I'm done with women. It's guys only from here on out. She asked why, and I explained that before my ex-fiance and I split, I had been questioning my sexuality for years now. The guys I had dated years ago, had always been happy, and wonderful relationships, even though none lasted. But with women, other than roughly the first month, the relationships were miserable for all involved. And most happened because of the fear of just coming out about wanting guys.

Well, her reply was ok, that's it? Lol. I really have it lucky for all of my coming out situations. The only people I knew that wouldn't have been ok with any of it, were gone long before I came out, or even decided I was going to make this journey.

But all is well here in Seymour. Humid night, bugs everywhere, and I have a slight headache because of the weather. All is well. Never thought I'd ever say that. :heehee:

Aprilrain
05-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Good for you, be your self, thats what god wants. I read your other post were you said you were gay. If your a woman and you like men wouldn't that make you hetero? just a thought sweetie.
Oh, and After telling your mom that your trans I'm pretty sure you liking men is somewhat underwhelming

amielts
05-26-2011, 06:41 AM
It's very important to be honest with yourself, and I guess that's what you have been doing. The whole process of transitioning is about being honest with ourselves on one level anyway.

Andrea85
05-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Good for you, be your self, thats what god wants. I read your other post were you said you were gay. If your a woman and you like men wouldn't that make you hetero? just a thought sweetie.
Oh, and After telling your mom that your trans I'm pretty sure you liking men is somewhat underwhelming

I've always known, but was too scared to not act hetero here. Seymour is quite a homophobic town, so coming out before when I couldn't protect myself wasn't really an option. Now it's a different story. It's a lot less homophobic, and I have plenty of friends I hang out with that have already said they'd protect me no matter what. It's good to have friends that are willing to go to jail just to make sure you're safe. :)

It's very important to be honest with yourself, and I guess that's what you have been doing. The whole process of transitioning is about being honest with ourselves on one level anyway.

That's very true. Some people think money brings happiness, some think love does, and some think money does. Not me. Being true to myself finally is all it took for me to have a level of happiness that's on the level of extasy. It's like a drug with a never ending high that I can't get enough of. Just being true to myself has brought me more happiness than money, friends or love could. Don't get me wrong, I hate the loneliness, but it's still worth it to be myself finally.

Which speaking of that, I'm writing a post in my blog that's a revelation that hit me tonight, that just upped my level of happiness. I'll post a link soon as I'm done writing it. :D

Andrea85
05-27-2011, 02:32 AM
Alrighty, just finished the post up. Here (http://tubes2transistors.tumblr.com/post/5892112649/ok-tonight-has-to-be-the-best-night-ever) y'all go. Enjoy.

Rianna Humble
05-27-2011, 02:52 AM
Hi Andy, I'm really glad that you were able to tell your mum about this realisation. Her reaction just shows how much we can underestimate the power of our parents' love for us. :hugs:

Jay Cee
05-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Alrighty, just finished the post up. Here (http://tubes2transistors.tumblr.com/post/5892112649/ok-tonight-has-to-be-the-best-night-ever) y'all go. Enjoy.

Do you blog on a regular basis, Andy?

Andrea85
05-28-2011, 01:33 AM
I try to on a regular basis. It was random and sporatic when I was using Blogger, but now I use Tumblr. I have an app on my Blackberry so I can post anything anywhere I am. No more need to be stuck with a computer to post.