PDA

View Full Version : Well, My life's sure gone to Hell.

WillowWriter
05-24-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm at a really rough point right now. My supervisor today told me that he has to let me go from my position because there are no clients available to work with in my area. Getting a job at my age is really hard, and since college students are out now, most of the remaining jobs are taken. Other than the job, my family is straight broke, and nothing seems to be working out. My family is a bunch of artists, with terrible to no jobs. Lately I've be really depressed because none of my friends even give a damn about me, and the fact that I've been unable to write my book. (I'm a novelist, sorta) Dressing up is been hard, no time to do it, no money to fund it, and that was a good stress reliever. I dunno what I'm gonna do now, I could use some supportive words of advice or just supportive words. Thanks.

busker
05-24-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm at a really rough point right now. My supervisor today told me that he has to let me go from my position because there are no clients available to work with in my area. Getting a job at my age is really hard, and since college students are out now, most of the remaining jobs are taken. Other than the job, my family is straight broke, and nothing seems to be working out. My family is a bunch of artists, with terrible to no jobs. Lately I've be really depressed because none of my friends even give a damn about me, and the fact that I've been unable to write my book. (I'm a novelist, sorta) Dressing up is been hard, no time to do it, no money to fund it, and that was a good stress reliever. I dunno what I'm gonna do now, I could use some supportive words of advice or just supportive words. Thanks.
Is that geographical area. can you request a transfer to another city if your employer has other offices? Are there other companies that provide the same services as where you work now? don' loose hope.

Don't know what you writing style is but there may be opportunities on places like amazon

"Kindle Singles fall into a quickly emerging and still-undefined category in publishing. They are somewhere between a long article or essay and a book, anywhere from 5,000 to 30,000 words, available to download instantly for a price that ranges from 99 cents to $4.99; " There are a number of places doing e-publishing that may help you in your writing career. Keep trying. Amazon gives the writer 70%--much better than standard pub contracts.

Daphne Renee
05-24-2011, 11:32 PM
I am sorry to hear that. Maybe you will have more time to figure out how to write that book now. If that is your dream dont give up on it. Try to focus on positive things. I dont know your friends but if I had to guess I would say they care about you more than you think. Sometimes we take people for granted even close friends. As for dressing you dont necessarily need a lot of money to do it. Use what you have now to start with. Also check out thrift stores, goodwill , etc. We are your friends here too. While online friends are quite the same we can listen and be supportive.

stockinged nemo
05-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Hi Willow. I understand your position to a degree. I lost my job and have been doing some soul searching myself. Don't give up on your dream as others have said. I am continuing to pursue mine even though it is in a very competitive field, and will take years, if I am fortunate. I know it is difficult to stay positive when you are financially strapped and want to have more fun dressing. You just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Certainly you will be job hunting, but try to do some networking - you never know who might be able to help you or knows someone who can help you. Volunteering for a cause you feel is worthy will help you feel good about yourself, allow you to be more positive and is a chance to network. Best wishes to you!

Norma_CD
05-25-2011, 01:05 AM
I know this isn't a job search board, but where are you and what do you do?

eluuzion
05-25-2011, 01:56 AM
I dunno what I'm gonna do now, I could use some supportive words of advice or just supportive words. Thanks.

hiya WW,

the "bad" news...
The only real support you are likely to find is from your pantyhose...:heehee:

the "good" news...
You are stronger than you think you are.

Knowing what you are going to do now is like going to the store...you need to make a list. Without a list, you wander around picking up things you do not really need.

You have options, you just can't see them. You might sit down and make a list of every possible option of making money you can possibly think of. (Even the absurd/nonsense options). Don't judge them, just make a list.

Then go back and cull out the nonsense options and organize the rest in order of difficulty and time before payback. (making sure each is realistic).

You will end up with a list of options you will probably hate, but will be a step forward just the same. The goal is to move forward, not stand still. Forget the past. Concentrate on what you can do next to improve your position.

You were smart enough to get this far in life, right? You have faced similar circumstances before and survived, right? You are stronger than you think.

You are not broken...your finances are :heehee:

There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.

You can beat this one too. But you have to start today. You will make it. It might be ugly, but the goal is to make it, not look pretty doing it.

It is never over until the crossdressing lady sings, right?:D

good luck :thumbsup:
:love:

suzy1
05-25-2011, 03:00 AM
Eluuzion has said it all.
The only thing I can add is that I have been in your situation. And I have done what eluuzion has advised. And it worked for me.
Also, you never know what’s just around the corner.
Hang in there. Never give up! You will be O.K.

SUZY

Cynthia Anne
05-25-2011, 07:28 AM
SO MUCH GOOD ADVICE HERE THUS FAR! So Iwill try to be encoureging! I can tell that you are a strong girl and you will make things turn around for the better! I hope it's a speady recovery so your back on top real soon! Best wishes to you and many hugs from Cynthia!!

TxKimberly
05-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Personally, the fear of loosing my job keeps me awake at night, so I "get" it, but . . .
Some of our fine people right here on this forum tell us recently of their homes and entire towns being destroyed. Others have shared that they are right now dealing with the death of their children.
I'm not making light of your situation, as I've said, that is my personal terror, but it is worth remembering that there are things far worse than loosing your job Willow. You will make it through, and you will have have your family to help you and to hug you while you do it. :)

Emily Ann Brown
05-25-2011, 08:21 AM
I know everyone knows my story, but here we go...ANY WAY

At 55 years old..wife discovered me, all hell broke loose. Then my 25 year old daughter got cancer. 14 months battle (which she lost) drained my finances keeps her afloat. Then the wife left. I had to sell the house my son and I build with our own hands to settle with the wife. Three weeks after selling and moving I was in a motorcycle accident...broke my ankle, and right wrist. injury let to a stroke! Had to learn to talk and do math all over. I was out of work 5 months. When I finally went back to work, they put me on parttime (with the hospital and alimony to pay).

Now I am out of debt and have my boss's job.

Chin up...when doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You never know what you can do until you have to.

The BEST is STILL TO COME!!!!!!!!

Em

Amber_Lynn
05-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Very sorry to hear about your situation. The best advice I can offer is, if you think you can or you think you can't, you're right. Success is a mindset. Clear your head, start to think positive and good things will happen. Luck is the intersection of preparation and opportunity.

Personally I like the writing and selling on Amazon. I've bought a couple of the short stride for .99 cents and found them to be a fun quick read. Write a couple short CD stories, get them submitted and post the titles for us. This group seems to be very supportive of each other and it could be a win-win for everyone!