PDA

View Full Version : Are you willing to sacrifice your muscle for a better girl-mode look?

Maiko Newhalf
05-25-2011, 07:48 PM
For all CDs out there, are you willing to lose some muscle in order to look better in your girl mode? My exercise lately "bulked up" my shoulders and back. My arms get a bit bigger too. So I'm forced to hide them and only wear long sleeves. On the other hand, I do like to funtional strength come with the muscles. So I'm confused.

What's your thought on this topic?

prettytoes
05-25-2011, 07:54 PM
I would never pass anyhow, so I like the muscle. I just like the clothes! (and toe nail polish!). I know my wife also likes the muscles, and I really like to keep her happy with all she does for me.

Stephanie Miller
05-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Never had a problem hiding my muscles. Had lots. They didn't show. I was 130lb 5'9 all through college. That was with wet clothes. :D
I was always picked on. I hated my size. Tried everything. Eating lots, weight training - bench pressed 180-, belts in ty quan do & GoJu, highschool district champ in lightweight boxing. None really helped, nor did it help my self esteem or outlook on who I was. I really think I was fighting accceptance of being TS. (Need to be more macho!) Now that I have total acceptance of who I am - small is great. No thanks to age, I have put on more weight and 1 1/2" in height. But I still have a small frame. I keep my strength up since I need to for construction, but I do reps in weights now - not heavy weights. And lots of cardio.

KellyCD
05-25-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm really glad you brought this up. Before 2010 I didn't have much muscle mass so i dressed all the time. However at the end of my last deployment(when my then girlfriend left me for our platoon Sargent) I got really hard for the gym. Summer '10 I was in my best shape ever, and stopped dressing except for panties. I just "didn't look femme" so i didn't want to dress. Since then my job has been so stressful and time consuming, along with moving I lost everything. Now I find myself dressing again. It sucks cuz you really have to put ALOT of work in the gym to see anything. For me, being muscular isn't my body's natural state so i will lose size and strength within a few DAYS if I don't go to the gym 8 to 10 times a week. Its such a huge pain!

I want my "manly" body back, but its a huge uphill battle...and if I go to the field I lose everything I worked for within 2 weeks...

Example in October last year I lost 45lbs of bench press ability in 9 days...went from benching 245lbs to struggling to throw 205lbs in only 9 frickin days. I gave up after that. I weighed 178lbs at the time, 30 days later in the field I was 207lbs...still doing regular PT. I'm starting to lose weight now, only because I limit myself to no more than 1,800 calories a day and I runtil I get dizzy and pass out(they make us do that, that's not my choice).

Konfused
05-25-2011, 08:26 PM
No need to; always been slim. 5'9" and 120lbs.

Jordana Divinorum
05-25-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm into going to the gym because I do Karate and I compete a lot. I'm not trying to pass as a woman though, so it's not much of a problem for me. I don't see anything wrong with being muscular, yet feminine.

Maiko Newhalf
05-25-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm the same height as Stephenie and Konfuse but I'm 150 lbs. Still my friends call me "skinny". What are they expecting for guys these days!

Kim_Bitzflick
05-25-2011, 08:52 PM
I never had much muscle and I don't really want anymore. I'm not small but I'm not really built either and I never tried.

So I guess my answer is, I don't really have to trade, I think I'm fine the way I am.

Maiko Newhalf
05-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Kelly, I guess there some hormone issue for me. It's very hard for me to gain muscle. I'm hoping to get more lean muscle and funtional strength. I figure building up more lower body strength is probably the way to go. I started on Kettlebell exercise and hopefully it helps.

Anne2345
05-25-2011, 09:04 PM
I play basketball every week of the year (and football in the fall and winter). Given that I play power forward and center positions (sometimes guard, which I love), I need the strength. I do not work out with weights, but sports and my 6 year old daughter keeps the muscle on. Luckily, I am blessed with very little body hair, so it kind of offsets. When I wear clothing such as sleeveless dresses, it definitely detracts from the look, though. :( Although I am a crossdresser through and through, I need my sports, too! :)

Starr
05-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Am i willing to sacrifice muscle for a better girl-mode look??? In a heart beat, the one thing i can't change is my shoulders and how wide they are.. but i don't need muscle and don't try to build them, havn't in a long time... oh yea at one time almost 40 years ago i did the weights and all that stuff.. but now i have no use for it.. would much rather look good in girl mode the boy mode...

Karren H
05-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Well yeah!! I play between 60 and 70 ice hockey games a year and it really helps build the legs and lower body at the expense of the upper body. I don't have the best slap shot in the world but I can pass and get the puck on net. I do a lot of light weight (5 lb) arm toning exercises just so they don't turn to mush....

Cynthia Anne
05-25-2011, 10:22 PM
I would sacrifice every muscle in and on my body for a better girl look!

t-girlxsophie
05-25-2011, 10:29 PM
I have plenty of muscle.Oops!,no sorry that's flab:heehee: Body building sounds too much like hard work to me LOL

Sophie

NancyTO
05-25-2011, 10:38 PM
I have a runners body. Huge calves and decent sized thighs with a scrawny upper body (though I've fattened up a bit now that I'm older). I always knew if a did some upper body weight training I could of improved by running times, since I was a decent long distance runner, but I never did weight train in part so that I didn't bulk up my upper body. A lot of women have large calves and thighs, so having muscular legs usually wasn't a problem.

NathalieX66
05-25-2011, 10:53 PM
I bulked up to a bigger upper chest throught bench-pressing a while back, and now i don't want it any more. I felt l like I look like every other bloke out there that does bench presses. So now my goal is to slim down to 140-145 lbs at 5 ft 6 and no gut. I've lost 20 lbs in a year & half already. I don't need to look like a scrawny teenage girl, but I can put off looking better than many 40something women in my age range.

FYI, I have been at the US Open a couple of years, and I have stood a few feet away from women like the Williams sisters, and Anna Kornikovic, Kim Clijsters, they all have no fat on them but they are tall and have broad shoulders. My goal is to have an athletic ambiguous unisex body.

JamieTG
05-25-2011, 11:12 PM
I used to have a bulky, muscular upper body from years of weightlifting. But through extensive upper body stretching the last 5 or 6 years, I've been able to turn the short, bulky muscles into long, smooth ones. I still lift and have not lost any strength with the longer muscles. I do a lot of dead hangs from a pullup bar which stretches every muscle in the upper body. I used to wear a size L shirt and now I wear a medium although my weight is the same.

dilane
05-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes, no problem sacrificing upper body bulk for body-passbillity. i avoid upper body exercises, mainly I'm a runner.

I play some tennis, which bulks me up a bit in the upper body, which I don't like.
I try to stay light (for me), which is 145 lbs at 5'8.5"

tinysquid
05-25-2011, 11:37 PM
yes yes yes! absolutely!

steph1964
05-26-2011, 02:15 AM
A couple of years ago I tried to build up my upper body, during one of my many periods when I was trying to fight being a cross-dresser. I have strong, muscular legs, probably from many years of soccer and riding bicycles, but I couldn't build up my upper body. I even had a personal trainer who, after seeing how hard I was working out, decided that my age may be an issue and suggested that I see my doctor to increase my testosterone levels. I didn't.

I have recently started running because I need to drop about 20 pounds (OK, maybe 30:D), and I have given up on the weights. Although my main reason for losing the weight is for health and fitness, it wont hurt my cross-dressing, especially since I'm only 5'5".

Kate Simmons
05-26-2011, 05:09 AM
This was always a conumdrum for me growing up. Did I want a cut body like Superman or the curves of Raquel Welch? I wanted both. I decided to compromise and to instead be like Wonder Woman, who had brains, strength and still looked great.:)

PetiteDuality
05-26-2011, 05:27 AM
I prefer to keep my muscles. I have 10% body fat and a BMI of 25. I can't loose weight without loosing muscles, which I don't want.

I haven't been this way all my life. Since I've put on more muscles, my desire to crossdress has almost disappeared.

But I like it better this way for the male "me"

erickka
05-26-2011, 05:31 AM
I never really "bulked up" in the muscle department. I have always trained for strength without the bigness. Now at 50+ y/o and 150 lbs., I dont have too much to worry about.

Sally24
05-26-2011, 07:38 AM
I've always wanted to build up my arms but could never keep on an exercise program long enough. Now I enjoy my skinny arms. I try to use my legs for heavy work and avoid exercising my arms as much as possible. Instead of carrying things while doing yard work I use a cart so that my legs and back do most of the work.

Dr.Susan
05-26-2011, 07:50 AM
I don't exercise for this very reason. If I need to take a few pounds off, I do it by controlling my diet. I think over exercising ones legs really turns then into man legs. I like the look of smooth sleek legs. When I see bulbous calf muscles, it's a dead giveaway to man legs in stockings.

Jocelyn Quivers
05-26-2011, 07:51 AM
My mass is here to stay, it will never be sacraficed, I''ve learned to accept I will never be the smallest girl in the world. So therefore I am proud of my "bod" and would not trade it for any other type.

suchacutie
05-26-2011, 08:01 AM
You've put your finger on a big issue for those of us who want to live well in both genders. I have an active outdoor life which includes garden activities and we burn 12 cords of wood a year. Cutting all that wood and handling it gives me upper body strength whether I like it or not. That's the compromise: my wife likes broad shoulders and my upper body in general to stay as it is, so we work Tina's clothing appropriately. It's worth the compromise.

On the other hand, excercise has given me the legs that prompted my wife to want to buy me a dress in the first place, and an ok butt (I'd like it bigger and need to work on that) so it's all in knowing where and how to build one's muscle. Firming my abdomen isn't a bad idea either :)

So, it really comes down to the upper arms, doesn't it. It's a compromise I'm willing to live with.

Oh, btw, do remember that as we get older it's hard to hang on to muscle mass, so all of us are going to have to work hard to keep a naturally feminine butt, but might see our arms get less powerful if we don't work hard at keeping them strong.

Daphne Renee
05-26-2011, 08:03 AM
well I dont have to worry about that very much. I am rather short only about 5'6". My job keeps my on my feet the majority of the day so I dont go work out. I probably should exercise a little more. I might just do that but not to the point of bulking up.

Sara Jessica
05-26-2011, 08:24 AM
For a while back in my college days, I had a killer "guy frame" going on. I lived with a bunch of guys and we were always lifting weights but when all is said and done, I hate working out and hate gyms so I haven't done so in years. In favor of my true nature, I avoid any and all heavy lifting as best I can. And one advantage to progressing further into those middle-age years is that we often lose muscle tone and/or definition which of course I welcome with open arms.

I play some tennis, which bulks me up a bit in the upper body, which I don't like.

Oh I don't like to hear that. I used to play tennis when I was younger and I'm about to get my son into it. I'll have to be careful.

Hmmmm, gives me an idea...maybe we should play some tennis the next time I'm up your way!!! :)

docrobbysherry
05-26-2011, 09:55 AM
When I got serious about dressing about 4 years ago, I decided to lose weight and muscle definition!:straightface:
I began eating more carefully and stopped all work outs!

I'm down to 150 lbs. My spare tire's lost most of it's air and my legs look smoother. But, I STILL have too much bicep definition!:sad:

Hey! I think if u want to dress like a teen, or 20 y/o and look good, u should have a their figures!:heehee:

Is the sacrafice worth it? What do U THINK!!:battingeyelashes:

Chickhe
05-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Yes, but...its almost impossible because my male body builds muscles by default. I have moved from lifting weights and moved to endurance activities...bike riding, skating, etc. and I feel a lot better actually. I get enough bulk doing 'guy' stuff like fixing the car. I am strong, ideal weight, somewhere in the middle and it works either male or female.

emma15
05-26-2011, 10:22 AM
I've recently tried to start losing weight, so instead off doing the typical guy exercises I've started doing a weight loss program with my best friend. So I figured doing all the same stuff as her should help. I've also started doing yoga and palates. My only holdback is I'm an avid golfer...so that tends to keep muscles all over really toned.

eluuzion
05-26-2011, 10:44 AM
I have been one of those lucky people that could eat anything i want, anytime I want and never gain a pound. High metabolism, played tennis and martial arts my entire life. I have bone and muscle, period. Tennis player body...whatever that means...lol. I could still wear the clothes I wore in high school. My dad used to say: "Just wait until you turn 30, everything will change and you will gain weight."

Well, that was about 20 years ago and I was still waiting. I figured that was one of those..."The sexual urge will fade out of the crossdressing issue"...I am still waiting on that one too...hehehe

Anyway...about 2 months ago I started gaining weight!! What a freaky event for me!!! I thought I had stomach cancer or something, really! I guess my time has come...no exercise, computer couch potatoe make Jack a dull doughboy I guess eh?...I have no clue how to diet...If I do not eat I get dizzy and stuff...like hypoglycemic dizzy. (I was checked and high metab just mimics hypoglycemia...

So, I guess I have to start buying diet oranges now, eh? Nah...I will just start playing tennis. I will say this...breast pumping is a whole new world when you have something to suck into that funnel and brake vacuum pump...hehehe. Maybe this weight gaining thing has some potential after all...

I'm not worried...

TxKimberly
05-26-2011, 10:52 AM
You bet your behind! I was active duty Army for over a decade and the muscle that comes with that kind of career does you no favors when it comes to cross dressing. I try for a happy medium these days. I don't want to be anything close to "muscle bound" but on the other hand and despite being a CD, I do not want to be wimp or sissy either.

Aerobics is the key I think. It keeps you fit, keeps you reasonably thin, but does not really bulk you up.

Tammy V
05-26-2011, 11:03 AM
I want to lose some muscle on my arms and shoulders, how can I do that. I no longer do physical work and the only working out I do now is crunches and walks.

Debra Russell
05-26-2011, 12:03 PM
I am 65 and had been a competing body builder for years a personal trainer and have won in my class many times but -- still dressed (not in public) but now - heart surgery - shoulder replacement ect. I am still in good health but the loss of mass has let me "out" from 187 lb to 153 lb I am slim still look good, exercise all the time to keep "fit" don't mind the muscle loss as I can now go "out" in confidence -- something I have always wanted to do.......... Debra

carhill2mn
05-26-2011, 12:21 PM
The simple answer is "Yes"!

terminal
05-26-2011, 01:08 PM
That would be no for me. I live an extremely active lifestyle (martial arts, extreme sports, etc.), and frankly the muscle helps prevent injuries when I make a mistake.

All my exercises though involve mostly body weight calisthenics and the like, so the muscle is lean and toned, and not just a huge bloated mess like a body builder would get. I don't care how much weight I can bench, I just know that I'm strong enough.

Plus, and more importantly, the girlfriend likes some muscle :)

-terminal

Maddie22
05-26-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm perfectly happy with my upper body's muscle. I've got very lean (and long) arms, and shoes very little definition. I could stand to loose a little bit in my mid section though.

My lower body I wouldn't mind gaining some muscle. I've got no rear-end and my legs are long and skinny, a little too skinny. Plus I could use a little bit more in my core and lower to help me become a better snow skier. Gotta get better at those bumps!!!

Kerigirl2009
05-26-2011, 02:26 PM
I would absolutely sacrafice muscle for a more fem figure. No question at all. I would even sacrafice some of my stomach for some extra hips and toosh.

Vickie_CDTV
05-26-2011, 03:02 PM
To each their own and their own body, and I understand some who are FT need to be as average for a woman as possible to pass and survive. I just can't help see some sad social commentary in the notion women should not have muscles and be strong and those that are, are less feminine or desirable than ones who are not muscular.

GirlieAmanda
05-26-2011, 03:24 PM
I would love to have cute little "pipe cleaner" arms, flat little belly and shapely slender legs. I did lose a lot of bulk in the past year and kept it off. It did really help my girlieness. I did touch briefly on about 155 a while back but have leveled off at about 165 at 5'9 1/2" People do say you are too skinny when a guy loses weight but if I could be 150 I would. I could do it but it would take more than what I am doing now. 5'9' 150 sounds really good to me for being a girl.

Sedona
05-26-2011, 04:04 PM
To answer the question. Yes. I'm built pretty big, 6'3". When I was in my 20s, I put on muscle like nobody's business, very easy to put on, slow to take off. Now that I'm "a few" years older than that, I've really noticed that I don't bulk up easily, and my natural muscle tone has diminished somewhat. I'm still on the muscular side (genetics), which my wife likes, but I don't have the natural bulk that I used to, which means my girlie tops fit much better.

I'm not willing to go without exercise though, but I stick with brisk walking and at least a few brisk bike rides a week. None of the weight training/pushups/isometrics that I used to do.

satin n lace
05-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Yes i would keep the muscle tone down i used to have defined arms but not anymore but thats ok for me. My wife says i have the perfect tall women legs so i just have to keep those up.

Kaz
05-26-2011, 05:53 PM
A few years back I realised that if I wanted to get anywhere close to girls' shoulders I would have to actively not exercise. It has worked, but as a male I feel very unfit! The trouble is if I do a lot I put on the muscle - not a lot as in useful... I just have broad shoulders so if I do a lot of active upper body stuff it quite quickly gets "un-feminine" - another paradox for us!

Barbara Dugan
05-26-2011, 06:01 PM
I am 5'9'' and 160 lbs, Never had much upper muscle on my life and my arms are really thin sometimes even thinner than people that look skinner than me. I gained 10 lbs while on testosterone, not yet trying to lose those extra pounds yet but I will try to exercise more, mostly my lower body and abs.

L0vleyme
05-26-2011, 06:21 PM
My Gf and I used to go to the gym together, and I would help her with her exercise mechanics. She always got on my case that my reps where only a few pounds more than what she was doing. Once she realized that I wasn't trying to bulk up, but rather tone up she understood. Its hard to find that good balance of being strong but not dense and veiney <~~ I don't know if thats really a word

Maiko Newhalf
05-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Thank all of you for sharing your thoughts. I've learned from your comments/views too. I've been on P90X for almost a year and half, although I always knew that I don't want bulky body-builder type of muscle --- most likely I cannot get them either. I think I would focus more on KB crossfit and running in the next phase. I probably won't lose too much weight either. Personally 140 is perhaps the skinniest that I can live with.

Farrah Rose
05-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Im really skinny by genetics, but i would consider or atleast skip weight lifting to maintain a smaller physique. Ive tried in the past to hit the weights and bulk up for sports, but i was impatient and my muscles didnt bulk up, rather they simply became more defined. So,i just gave all that up. Now i just do alot of running and that seems to pay off I love my skinny body tho ;p

VickyMI
05-26-2011, 07:52 PM
No its a big problem cuz I play tennis 4 times a week and soccer every week, plus golf in the summer so my arms are very muscular but I dont want to give up the sports.....so what do I do .? real simple wear sweater cover ups, cardiganes, 3/4 sleeve topes etc. Other wise I would get clocked.

Loni
05-26-2011, 09:44 PM
not so muscle bo

erickka...you make me sick,, only 150 pounds. i have trouble just getting down to 200. my Dr wants me to drop 40 pounds. yes we are the same age and i am 5-11.i have not been that light since i was in high school.

Loni

Suzette Muguet de Mai
05-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Hell yes and getting there as slow as when I was young wanting to bulk up and then cut back, it took time. Been there done that now I just want to be as I was intended "petite".

Amanda22
05-26-2011, 10:33 PM
To answer your question, "yes." For many years, I weightlifted and built a nice physique in typical male terms. Now that I'm dressing in public, I'm really self-conscious of muscle. I still enjoy lifting, but my darned body responds instantly with increased muscle, and I'm 51. So I avoid weights and jog every morning. This lowers my overall weight, and gives my arms and legs a more feminine shape.

notquitegirl
05-27-2011, 12:33 AM
I never had much muscle, and my shoulders are fairly narrow. I'm more than happy to "sacrifice" my extra pounds, though.

abbykins
05-27-2011, 01:28 AM
Muscles are very healthy, they regulate blood sugar and have all kinds of health benefits. This is a hard choice for me, and I'm deferring it. I have a workout routine designed to build muscle, and it works, I'm already a little muscular (but it's not obvious yet). I don't think I'm willing to weaken or starve my body.

MsKimiko
05-27-2011, 03:11 AM
I have really muscular legs because I play soccer so it looks kinda gross in heels but as much as my male persona would love to have a more muscular torso. I think the lack of work out has provided a more femme look up top

Sara Jessica
05-27-2011, 07:22 AM
To each their own and their own body, and I understand some who are FT need to be as average for a woman as possible to pass and survive. I just can't help see some sad social commentary in the notion women should not have muscles and be strong and those that are, are less feminine or desirable than ones who are not muscular.

I don't think anyone is saying that at all. It's really much more simple. The deck is stacked against many of us with things to overcome in order to achieve the presentation we desire. It is a choice not to emphasize something such as muscle mass which on a "male frame" comes across as being decidedly unfeminine.

I would love to have cute little "pipe cleaner" arms, flat little belly and shapely slender legs. I did lose a lot of bulk in the past year and kept it off. It did really help my girlieness. I did touch briefly on about 155 a while back but have leveled off at about 165 at 5'9 1/2" People do say you are too skinny when a guy loses weight but if I could be 150 I would. I could do it but it would take more than what I am doing now. 5'9' 150 sounds really good to me for being a girl.

I'm 5'9" and am in the same weight range, 165-ish on any given day. I believe if you check into those basic height-to-weight charts you'll find that you are pegged in a normal range. Yet I have been accused of being "too skinny" at times. Go figure.

That said, weight is simply a number. If you are content with your body and there are no health issues, there is no reason to try to get down to some arbitrary figure. Personally, I wouldn't try to lose weight from the 163-167 range that I feel comfortable in because when I do so, the first place it leaves is my tush which is the last place I want to lose it from!!!

darla_g
05-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Ok just got done looking at a newstand and look at the titles for Women's magazines. Shape - toned tummy, arms and thighs, Elle - has an article about working out, Redbook has an article about exercise, etc. etc. Somehow doing nothing is not a real good idea for either men or women.

and you know what I find a woman who might have arms or shoulders a bit more contoured very attractive (not like a female body builder mind you) and maybe that's just me. the idea of what a women's body type can be is a bit more open than society seems to suggest in its stereotypes. To suggest that you need to avoid exercise means that you buy into the ideal that a woman must be a thin model like figure to be attractive. This is simply not achievable for most men. I think if you have an open enough mind to decide you want to dress like a woman then you should have an open enough mind to accept what the ideal is.

DonnaT
05-27-2011, 12:18 PM
I've thought about it, but being a home owner I've found I need to maintain my strength as much as possible. Especially when carrying a 30' extension ladder around, heavy bags of this or that and/or large stones.

At 5'9" (or a little less, due to shrinkage as I get older) and 56 yrs young, I've a 50" chest, large calves and large arms, yet I swim a mile and a half nearly every morning which is supposed to lengthen the arm muscles, but after 40 some years of swimming, I can say for sure it has done nothing to lessen the muscle bulk.

Maiko Newhalf
05-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Actually in my case the body weight is not too much of an issue. It is how the muscle/fat distributed. I tend to build up upper body much easier than core and lower body. So I have pretty much an inverted triangle body shape, epscially looking from the back. It's a nice male body form. But how nice it will be if I could I have narrower shoulder and wider hip! :o

JenniferR771
05-27-2011, 06:00 PM
I go for my 2 mile exercise walk daily. Sigh. Yes, I still lift weights a few times per week. But I am trying to build up my chest so I have better cleavage. I am built small and light to start with--and I am eating a little less. I don't get much exercise if I don't force myself to do it. I would like to exercise my stomach more and get down to 2 inches smaller waist and get into one size smaller dress.

Jamie Parks
05-27-2011, 07:04 PM
I have been working on this for the past 10 years now...When I was a child I played LL soccer then LL baseball, then in HS I ran track and played football, raced dirt bikes, rode my bicycle everywhere I went, after HS I continued racing motorcycles for years, well into my 30's and also mountain biked about 50 miles a week too so even though I was chunky I had incredible legs, used to get complements all the time even from other men. But the last 10 years I have really been trying to "soften up my look", now the only exercise I do is take the dogs on hikes or road ride my bicycle, I have defiantly cut back on my eating too now that I am not burning calories like I used too. So to answer your question ...yes my look is more important to me then my muscles.

LoriFlores
05-27-2011, 10:44 PM
I would sacrifice every muscle in and on my body for a better girl look!

Me too, a feminine look requires less muscle mass.

paulaloha
05-28-2011, 01:38 AM
I have way too many hobbies that I enjoy as a boy and that require those muscles. So usually my daily life keeps me building muscle, so for me personally i am not willing to sacrifice my lifestyle for some clothes. No matter how sexy they are. ;)

bomba
05-28-2011, 01:49 AM
i just wanna say sea that you look really hot

bomba
05-28-2011, 01:54 AM
i have been working out for years.but now that im feeling the need to dress more and express my feminin side i think i will change my workout.instead of hevey wieght training i have been doing light wieght lots of reps.im trying to get to the point where i can where a corset

Jane G
05-28-2011, 02:32 AM
I've never had much upper body bulk to speak of. I'm definitely leg heavy after years of cycling in my youth. I've always gone for reps over weight to ensure strength and stamina without having to carry extra bulk around.

Hali
07-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I have done that (loosing my upper male muscles to look more femme) and I got a lot of reward including being passable most of the time. It was hard and very very difficult am still not satisfied but much appreciative. One of the most difficult things was convincing people that i wasnt Sick (anorexic) or depressed and also had to coup with losing my "birth right"........ "my male upper-body appeal"....lol!

Adriennegrl
07-16-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm like Stephanie and other girls in this thread; super skinny in my 20's; 5'9" 130'ish pounds. I'm still skinny in my 30's and have small shoulders, thin legs, but... my waist could stand to loose at least 2 inches.

I've been doing crunches, avoiding upper body exercises lately. Diet is key and my biggest demon is...beer...I know....

CynthiaD
07-16-2011, 11:16 AM
In a word ... No. I like looking good in male mode.

Sedona
07-16-2011, 11:23 AM
To answer the question, yes. I'm naturally muscular, so will never really pass, unless it's for a women's basketball player, discus thrower or rower. I don't do any upper body exercise, and do plenty of cardio (fast walking and cycling).

DebsUK
07-16-2011, 11:55 AM
I do lots of aerobics and dancey type classes which are generally good, but I also have a couple of Boxercise classes plus a circuit and some toning sessions which have given me pretty well toned arms and shoulders. Fortunately my legs aren't very bulky (though also a bit well-defined). I'd hate to be "big", but I kind of like the athletic look (more Spiderman than Hulk). It does bug me that I couldn't wear any really skimpy tops and have to have at least cap sleeves, but at least it keeps me fairly slim. I'd like to reduce the muscle-toning exercise, but you do get into a routine and the classes I got to are pretty sociable and don't want to stop them. Mind you, as I'm ina fallow period for dressing at the moment it's not a major issue right now

pinto
07-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Yes i would love to loose muscles - but how????? From nature i am quite muscular, especially the legs. I know, no lifting weights etc. This i don't do. My arms have become a little less muscular but my legs, terribly muscular.

JennaR
07-16-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't see anything wrong with these muscles. Do you?

Claire Cook
07-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Definitely yes for me. I've always been on the skinny side, except when the beer and junk food made me look pregnant (:eek:)! But I have cut out the pushups, junk food (but heaven forbid not the beer!), started yoga, aerobics and pilates, and am holding at 149 (5'10) and size 10. Less red meat, more fruit and veggies help.

So every morning I do my Denise Austin workouts (properly attired, of course). Great way to start the day -- just love to copy the dance movements, and be one of the girls. Less muscle topside ... we'll see if the butt, thigh and hip shaping works...:daydreaming:

Stacey Summer
07-16-2011, 01:51 PM
The problem I have is that whatever type of strength gaining exercise I do my muscles tone up and I start to look like Jeff Hardy (Wrestler from some years past). I would normally like this look on me and indeed my SO keeps telling me she'd like it but when I'm toned like that I look ridiculous when dressed and it depresses me. So to answer your question, yes, I would and I do.

Tammy V
07-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I am definatley willing to sacrifice mucle toi look more feminine, now how can this sacrifice be made?

TxCassie
07-16-2011, 02:06 PM
i am 5'6", a good 200# (working on loosing weight), but I am naturally muscular. Even at 51yrs, my biceps are 16', chest is 46, etc... so any weight training bulks them up a bit, though not as much as I was younger. I don't worry about it. I rather like seeing the feminine on the masculine buid. Part of my sensibility. If I could live in a world where men could wear dresses, skirts, camisoles as everyday wear as much as jeans, and t-shirts, and dockers and polo shirts, I'd be mighty happy... grin

SweetIonis
07-16-2011, 02:15 PM
For all CDs out there, are you willing to lose some muscle in order to look better in your girl mode? My exercise lately "bulked up" my shoulders and back. My arms get a bit bigger too. So I'm forced to hide them and only wear long sleeves. On the other hand, I do like to funtional strength come with the muscles. So I'm confused.

What's your thought on this topic?

It's kind of far out you brought this up. I read something on Lita's blog where it mentioned you could increase female hormones depending on what you ate. I'm like you, I could stand to lose some in the arms and shoulders. But I was cleaning the garage and doing some yard work this morning. It comes in handy in those cases. But if I had to chose, in the frame of mind I'm in right now, I would probably opt for being a very beautiful woman, with all the bodily features that came with it. I does have it's disadvantages tho.

5150 Girl
07-16-2011, 03:15 PM
I've always been lucky enough to be a "sleeper" if you will, in that my mucle tone never really showed. However, recantly, I have developd a bit of a Popeye thing with my forearms :(

sallyissuper
07-16-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm a lifelong athlete and I love my muscular body. I try to dress around it. Works sometimes, sometimes not.

SweetIonis
07-16-2011, 03:51 PM
I have done that (loosing my upper male muscles to look more femme) and I got a lot of reward including being passable most of the time. It was hard and very very difficult am still not satisfied but much appreciative. One of the most difficult things was convincing people that i wasnt Sick (anorexic) or depressed and also had to coup with losing my "birth right"........ "my male upper-body appeal"....lol!

That's interesting. I suppose there is not much you can do if you have big bones tho. At some point, you have to work with what you have. If you choose your clothes right, you can make things work despite certain natural things.

joanna4
07-16-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't have much muscle to begin with as I'm very thin. I would have been working on my abs all summer and have stopped lifting weights since March. I have functional strength from martial arts but I do not plan on building that any longer because I'm more devoted to dressing as of late.

shoegazer
07-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Yes, I am one who builds muscle fairly easily and loses it slowly, especially in the upper body. I am still regretting all the chinups and pushups I did in the past. I haven't done any upper body targeted exercise in 3-4 years, my shoulders and arms have decreased in muscle significantly and look quite feminine, but my lats and abs are still very muscular (I'm probably one of very few guys who feels unfortunate to have the genetics for '6 pack abs').

I have great legs though, not too muscular but very toned.. the kind of legs every girl wishes they had =) I run between 5km-10km 3-4 times per week, usually en femme. Running is actually one of my favorite things to do en femme, the feel of the ponytail bouncing on my back is like heaven (I have short hair but wear a full lace, human hair wig.. with the right glue it holds even with heavy sweating here in the texas humidity).

Don't focus too much on the numbers when it comes to weight.. I am 6'0 and 175 lbs yet I wear a size 8L or medium in most things. Gaining a bit of muscle weight is good since it helps you burn fat more efficiently.

Loveday
07-16-2011, 05:15 PM
I would love to loose muscle mass. When I was young I swam alot, rode bikes about 35 to 50 miles on the weekend and went mountain climbing when I could afford it. This all built muscle. I started wrenching on cars before I could get a licsense and that gave me large forearms. Then I became a diabetic without knowing it. My weight went up. I am currently down to 188 from 212 because I cannot hold anything in ( of which I am happy to lose the weight). Also, the doctors just noticed I have lost 3 inches in height. I use to be 5' 11" now 5' 8".
So yes, I would be willing to sacrifice my muscle for a better girl-mode look.