PDA

View Full Version : This is SOOO cool!!! Working boobs!

Bree-asaurus
05-25-2011, 09:51 PM
This is kinda TMI to share anywhere else, but I'm so excited about it that you guys get to hear about it! Aren't you lucky?!

So my boyfriend and I discovered, quite by accident, that my boobs aren't just pretty accessories. They actually work! I'm actually lactating... No babies around here, so I attribute it to my slightly high estrogen levels, my very high prolactin levels and the progesterone (haven't tested levels for that).

I'm infertile and didn't think I would need to freeze my sperm since I figured that the man I ended up with would provide it if we went that route instead of adoption. But since my boyfriend wants to carry our child if he can (in the future of course... and it definitely feels like there is a long future), our baby wouldn't be genetically mine. But if I can breast feed, then I can at least have that bonding experience with our baby... which I think would be amazing given all the other things I won't be able to experience.

So, just wanted to share cuz I'm excited :P

Miranda09
05-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Exciting news indeed Bree. Hope your dreams come true with a family. :)

Melody Moore
05-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I found out 15 years ago at the age of 32 when my ex was pregnant with our daughter that my boobs
actually got really sore, started growing then suddenly started working (lactating), but the scary part
for me I was a male & had no idea that I was actually born intersexed. Obviously this sudden surge of
female hormones was brought on by the fact that I was so close to someone about to have a baby &
what I actually experienced was a full-on 'phantom pregnancy', complete with lower back pains, stomach
cramps & some morning sickness.

But this still the fact that you boobs actually work shouldn't come as any sort of a surprise really to you
or anyone else who is on hormone therapy because after all our breasts grow because of developing milk
glands. Apparently this can happen with any natal male, but my only concern is that according to the
studies into male lactation is that they are unsure about what the quality of the milk is like & if it is good
enough to provide all the sustenance a baby needs But it would be really nice to have that type of bonding
experience with your child, which is something that I personally missed out on & will never know. But you
are young & it would be good to see how things pan out if you & your partner do decide to have a baby.

Katesback
05-25-2011, 10:54 PM
I found out that my boobs are great for cushions when falling playing rollerderby and the crash I had on my bicycle.

Bree-asaurus
05-25-2011, 10:54 PM
There was actually a documentary at one point about a transgendered couple where the female (MTF) breast fed. I agree that there is probably a good possibility that a male with underdeveloped glands may not be able to provide proper nutrition, but I would think if the boobs fully develop on hormones that it shouldn't be an issue.

I found out that my boobs are great for cushions when falling playing rollerderby and the crash I had on my bicycle.

LOL! Mine aren't that big :/

dilane
05-25-2011, 11:18 PM
I've corresponded with a TS girl who's breast fed several adopted children successfully (all graduated from college).

Longing2be-Trisha
05-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Hi Bree!

That is so cool!!!!!!!

Jay Cee
05-26-2011, 05:51 AM
<sigh> :daydreaming:

Sharon
05-26-2011, 07:46 PM
That is so cool!!!!!!!

Excepting when you notice little wet spots on your top when you are out and about. The novelty wears off quickly. :)

CatAttack
05-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Ahhh! Congrats that is so awesome! May I ask how long you have been on HRT and stuff?

About fertility, I have read that if you go off E for a little bit, it is possible to produce sperm again [if you still have your stuffs].. does anyone know if it is true??