PDA

View Full Version : Boi or grrl?

size7satin
10-02-2005, 08:11 PM
I found this on msn and just passing it along.... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9556134/

MandyTS
10-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Very interesting...

You are who you feel... :)

What is interesting is that more people are coming out as TS... I wonder if this is part of the greater acceptance or is it an increased change biological difference that occurs between people at birth... hmmm.

I just meet a girl that is lesbian... it is interesting that here story really parallels mine...

Lauren_T
10-02-2005, 11:37 PM
...What is interesting is that more people are coming out as TS... I wonder if this is part of the greater acceptance or is it an increased change biological difference that occurs between people at birth... hmmm....When you consider that significant genetic change takes multiple generations, while significant social change often occurs over just a few years (or even less) - it's acceptance... although it has actually been slowing down for a while. As a general rule, the smaller the group seeking acceptance, the longer it takes to bring it about.

Anyway, it appears that people have not fundamentally changed this quickly, rather that we had similar percentages of gender-variant people all along, but up until recently, :) of the minority of them who were even cognizant of their variance, most of them had little understanding of it, and therefore, they - and society - dealt with it in every dysfunctional way imaginable... :(

10 to 30 years ahead, acceptance of GVs will be won without much of a fight, because a critical mass of people in Western society will have grown up alongside and /or schooled with numerous GVs, who won't be anything unfamilar or unacceptable to them...

Julie
10-03-2005, 04:27 PM
A good article but I have one problem with it, those who read this and aren't educated about gender diversity will walk away believing TGs are all gay. I can't tell you how many times I've been out dressed and told people I was straight and got a surprised look or response. The vast majority of people unfamiliar with gender diversity assume we are all gay. The author should have mentioned there are many of us who aren't gay.

Sara Kat
10-03-2005, 05:10 PM
That's what I say...to hell with society and their rules about gender. People should be who they want to be.