PDA

View Full Version : Out in public in broad daylight!

cindychan
05-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Today was a big one for me as Cindy. I went to my therapist in as Cindy which was a big step in Courage . My therapist didn't recognize me until I said "hello" even though I was with my wife. This was in a somewhat busy little-big town as well so I was a little paranoid I'd see someone familiar. Afterwards we went to get gas and KFC. There were no problems in the daylight and my therapist said I'm very passable :) ,but I gotta work on the voice.
I'm pretty relieved it went so well! We talked about fears transitioning in the face of family and coworkers. Hopefully we will come up with a good game plan. I'm really considering hormones to get things going. Best yet the wife is supporting me no matter what road I take!
Hugs,
Cindy
(PS red lipstick primed before foundation really does hide the beard!)

Cynthia Anne
05-28-2011, 04:56 AM
This is fantastic Cindy! I'm so happy for you! Hugs!

Angiemead12
05-28-2011, 05:31 AM
congratulations and good luck to the journey ahead! Im so happy for you.

Sarah_Jane
05-28-2011, 01:13 PM
fantastic! good for you! :)

mandycd
05-29-2011, 08:08 PM
thats got to be an amazing feeling. Hopefully 1 day i will have the courage to go out.

Sally24
05-29-2011, 09:33 PM
It's a great day when you go out in the sunlight! If you have beard shadow and you're seriously considering hormones and beyond I would recommend starting to permanently remove your facial hair. At the very least it will save you time getting ready. I find it vastly increases how comfortable and female you feel. Hard to feel pretty when you have stuble.

ShelleyMarie55
05-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Lovely picture Cindy -- you are very passable! :) Wish I was that passable. My voice is passable though, as folks on the phone think I am my wife and she has a deeper voice & they think she is me. :) Perfect make-up. (My wife doesn't know yet or my 4-teen boys - obvious reasons.) My day outing by myself was going to Macy's in DT Minneapolis & having a make-over at Estee Lauder. Danielle was SO SUPPORTIVE and gave me a lot of nice tips on applying make-up. (My profile pic is from the Estee Lauder counter when she took the pic of me.)
During the daytime, I even deliberately ripped a side zipper on a cheap dress I was wearing, so I could go into the DRESS BARN store and those Sales Lady's were so helpful in helping me pick out a nice dress that I could wear out of the store (my other pic I have posted & that picture was taken at the Dress Barn.) Spendy dress was $40.
I did pre-check with the Mpls Police via email on going out in public, as Mpls used to have regulations in dressing in the other sexes' clothes. No problem now, as long as I stay out of women's restrooms, locker rooms and dressing rooms. (Obviously, Dress Barn doesn't have men's dressing rooms.) LOL I still feel self-concious walking past a Cop though, as I might walk past a Gay hater & crossdresser hater and throw me in jail. That's my only fear! The women clerks at the thrift shops know me as a man and a woman and are SO HELPFUL in helping me look attractive! I would love to go into work this way & daydream about it!

Good luck to you and must be marvelous in having such a supportive wife!!

Being older and overweight, I ned to slim down and so my face slims down too. Estee Lauder sold me the Hydration creme to help with the wrinkles and make my face smoother like a women's. Danielle calls me often to come in for free (no obligation to buy) make-overs. My DressBarn Sales Lady (Ann & Laura) are going to come with me next time for a "girls day out makeover session" and lunch. :)

ShelleyMarie55
05-30-2011, 12:28 AM
See my comment I posted to Cindy on my going out. It is a marvelous feeling! After my make-over, I felt so attractive & feminine! In your picture, you too are VERY passable!!!! Beautiful!! :)

ShelleyMarie55
05-30-2011, 12:32 AM
I found that a cordless shaver doing a thorough shave just before applying make-up will remove all of my stubble. (My cheeks feel 'baby bottom soft'). :)

diannecourtney
06-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Its nice to be able to go out with the wife and have such conversations. I wish i were young enough to think of transitions.

Staci G
06-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Congrats, I would say as well you are very passable and very pretty. I am proud of you and your wife. May the sun be at your back on this wonderful journey

joanna4
06-04-2011, 01:01 PM
You are so pretty and passable. I wish someone would say that to me, congrats