PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so complicated?

luvaslip
10-03-2005, 12:35 AM
Yeah! Why is it so complictaed for us older crossdressers to find or should I say be able to get in contact with each other. Could it be we've waited to long in the closet, afraid to really see what we have been missing out on? I for one feel as though I cheated my alter ego out of a lot of fun. 63, and still hoping to realize this dream with someone around the same age. Why is it that we make fun so complicated? Anyone know???

Personal replies will be answered, be sincere.

Sweet Susan
10-03-2005, 12:51 AM
Because it is complicated.

Mx Justina
10-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah! Why is it so complictaed for us older crossdressers to find or should I say be able to get in contact with each other. Could it be we've waited to long in the closet, afraid to really see what we have been missing out on? I for one feel as though I cheated my alter ego out of a lot of fun. 63, and still hoping to realize this dream with someone around the same age. Why is it that we make fun so complicated? Anyone know???

Personal replies will be answered, be sincere.

What you refer to as "being complicated" occurs accross all age ranges. In rural, suburban and dense metropolitan areas with comparatively easy travel. The "closet" is not accidental circumstances, and those that linger (thru the years and decades) in it, are typically disinclined towards any visibility...

What used to be disturbing mysteries (up until my most recent years) regarding closeted transgenders, or their odd (to me) anonymity, have clearer cause/effect rationales nowadays.

So, I'm not frustrated by the mysteries anymore... I just simply concentrate on connecting with those at ease with visibility. A more defined, focussed search...as well as radically differet view of "transgender-ism".

Change of view has something do with motivation (as you have realised).

J.

Angela Burke
10-03-2005, 11:54 AM
What you refer to as "being complicated" occurs accross all age ranges. In rural, suburban and dense metropolitan areas with comparatively easy travel. The "closet" is not accidental circumstances, and those that linger (thru the years and decades) in it, are typically disinclined towards any visibility...

What used to be disturbing mysteries (up until my most recent years) regarding closeted transgenders, or their odd (to me) anonymity, have clearer cause/effect rationales nowadays.

So, I'm not frustrated by the mysteries anymore... I just simply concentrate on connecting with those at ease with visibility. A more defined, focussed search...as well as radically differet view of "transgender-ism".

Change of view has something do with motivation (as you have realised).

J. What the eff are you talking about?

Love Angela XX

Mx Justina
10-03-2005, 12:37 PM
What the eff are you talking about?

Love Angela XX

My opinion was in response to the thread starter's wording. Quite happy to politely elaborate if the thread starter PMs me (have no interest in "debates")... Anyone else looking for elaboration, look elsewhere.

J.

Wendy me
10-04-2005, 02:01 PM
i would think that the frist thing is a lot of us older girls still are worryed that we might be found out .... and this keeps a lot of girls from ever getting to gether for a lot it's simply easyer to go on as thay have for so long rather than risk anything being found out abought....the comfet zone rut........

Julie York
10-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Or maybe they just haven't found the Personals section on here?

Hilary
10-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Now that I have found this Wonderful site I would like to say there is nothing complicated about crossdressing or anything else in life unless you want to make it that way.
Unfortunatley some people make the complications for themselves instead of accepting what they are & getting on with life & all he other people around them.
I just love life & most people & thoes I don't, well I just ignore them (maybe they will go away)

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!

JoAnnDallas
10-04-2005, 03:55 PM
IMHO... I think that many of us older ladies grew up before the internet and thus had no way to meet or communicate with other CD's. This in itself may have harden many of us from coming out and meeting others. It also ingrained into us that we were alone and CDing was something HAD to be hidden.
Communications is a powerful force in it self.

JoAnn

Phoebe Reece
10-04-2005, 04:01 PM
I started to communicate with other CD's over 30 years ago. Believe me, it was much more complicated in the days before the internet and e-mail. You just have to be willing to make that first step to reach out into the world and see what's there.

JoAnnDallas
10-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Phoebe... When you think your all alone, it's hard to make that first step, when you know your not alone and you have sisters, it makes it a lot easier. If it had not been for this forum and advice and support from all the my sisters here, I may have not had the courage to go out in public. Once I did, I found not only was it easy, but very enjoyable.

JoAnn

Samantha Jane
10-04-2005, 08:19 PM
What the eff are you talking about?

Love Angela XX

My Sentiments exactly Angela. I have heard the term blinded by science, but that takes the E squared, divided by the hypotenuse p**s out of thingys.

One up for the involuntary inmates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star
10-04-2005, 08:24 PM
It's hard for many reasons...fear of being out when one is not ready is the biggest reason...the internet is curing all that...

Angela Burke
10-05-2005, 04:30 AM
My Sentiments exactly Angela. I have heard the term blinded by science, but that takes the E squared, divided by the hypotenuse p**s out of thingys.

One up for the involuntary inmates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah,thanks Sammy one up for the thickos!
Love Angela XX

Bonnie D
10-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I agree with JoAnn. The internet has opened up the world for me even though I have to remain in the closet. Society's thinking has slowly opened up also but too late for me. If I could start over I would come out to my family and friends and tell them that I'm gay (even though I'm bi) and that I crossdress. Then they could either accept it or not. I would know that I'm not alone and I would have a great support system to help me. I would not have gotten married. This is not to say that I don't love my wife and kids, I do, but I would not have to live this double life with all this secrecy and lies.

These sites have allowed my feminine self to come out and express herself and read about all of your situations. This helps a lot to bring her/me out of my feminine loneliness, my male self is just fine.

It's too late to come out now unless I'm ready to leave everyone and live by myself somewhere.

Bonnie

gender_blender
10-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Perhaps they, like some transgendered individuals I know, aren't interested in meeting other crossdressers.

Charlie