PDA

View Full Version : Finishing Touch

Danni Renee
05-29-2011, 06:12 AM
A couple of weeks ago there was a thread started about what item you put on that was the “finishing touch” of your dressing.

Taking that to the next level, what do you think your “finishing touch” was, is, or will be to mark your journey, if anything? After I came out to my girlfriend, I decided I needed to do something to solidify and acknowledge the start of my journey. I chose to pierce my belly button as a semi-permanent reminder of the new me. It has been a source of great peace for me to feel that feminine side of me when I need a little pick me up. I have begun to wonder how I will mark the end of my journey; or not really the end, but the final point where I am as far as I can go. I have lately been thinking of getting a tattoo on my inner wrist once I finally reach where I want to go as the final touch of becoming who I really am.

I am curious if anyone else has felt this desire to celebrate themselves and what they did or plan to do.

Cynthia Anne
05-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Sadly, I have with some doubt reach my destination! With that being said, I celebrate it by living it to the fullest every day!

TGMarla
05-29-2011, 10:32 AM
When I dress, I guess the finishing touch would be either putting on my earrings or putting on the ankle bracelet I like to wear. But as far as the "journey" goes, I guess it culminated when I went out en femme to get my new wig at the wig shop. It was either that, or it was when I purchased an actual set of breast forms. I'm not planning on taking things a whole lot farther than I already have. I've reached a comfortable plateau.

Karren H
05-29-2011, 11:23 AM
I've marked my trail.... But never my journey... I don't really need to do anything to celebrate myself.... Waking up breathing every morning is celebration enough....

Briana90802
05-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Well I find this thread rather confusing. I agree there are certain milestones to the journey that is our lives and that those chapters can be earmarked, but it doesn't end till I'm dead. Who I am is who I am and that person is forever changing. To say that I'll never grow or change seems confining.

Tia808
05-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Briana, I think that was very well-said. Danni, I understand what you mean, but I hope I never reach a point where I feel I've gone as far as I can. That said, I'm all for commemorating the milestones!