PDA

View Full Version : Vacationing from yourself

Ava Mouse
08-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Just a suggestion. Here's the best explanation I gave my wife a few years back. Maybe it will help those of us who have unsupportive wives.

Why do we take vacations? Well, we take them to get a break from daily life, work, stress, etc. And the farther we are from our stresses and routine, the better the vacation.

Vacations can also be an adventure to see and try new things.

For example, suppose I went to Japan. I'd try to speak the language, walk on the left, bow, visit temples, eat Asian foods, buy some Asian clothes, etc. You get the most out of your visit by mingling with the natives, and doing what they do. I like to stay with family and friends rather than visit the touristy places. They know the little things that tourists over look.

So, for a short time, you drop your inhibitions and adopt the culture around you. You learn a lot and return home a changed, more relaxed person. And hopefully a little more worldly and open minded.

Funny, I've been to Japan 5 times, but no one's afraid I'm going to have surgery to become Japanese! EEEK! I'm a Japanese trapped in an American's body! :rolleyes:

Likewise, when I crossdress, it's like a mini vacation. I get to experience a totally different culture, speak a totally different language, and wear gorgeous clothing, of course!

It aint easy for a "quiet as a mouse" guy like me to be a macho man. I have to lower my voice, be aggressive and certain, confident and extroverted. But that's not my nature. I'd rather stop and smell the roses. I'm always pushed to be what I'm not. This gets very tiring, because no one will listen to me if I'm softspoken and passive.

So, vacationing into the world of Ava is a great way of dropping my false male facade and letting my natural side show.

I dunno about you, but I'd rather have a glass of wine and chat about the silk dress I'm wearing, than have a six pack and watch a football game. Come to think of it, so thinks my wife...

sweetvici
08-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Funny... I was thinking about this very thing today at work as I was closely "examining" every female I wakled by!!! It is a mini vacation, An escape from who I HAVE to be every day! Most women don't even know how good they have it, And the more I get into this the more I appreciate ( And envy at times ) how truley BEAUTIFUL women really are!!! So I was thinking I could'nt wait to get home and escape my dirty sweaty hard working male side and thouroghly enjoy being soft and feminine! So I think you are partially correct, It can be a vacation But at times I wonder what it would've been like to be female from birth on...But that's another topic. Enjoy your vacation, Maybe we'll meet on the beach sometime!! Vici

Amelie
08-27-2004, 09:12 AM
That's a good way to look at dressing. It might be more enjoyable, feeling it's like a vacation.

For me, I just haven't returned from my vacation.

Love Amelie

windycissy
08-27-2004, 03:26 PM
That's a great philosophy, Ava. I love to "pack for two" when I'm going to a place like New York, where I can lose myself in the big city as Windy Cissy. I could spend hours wandering through the shops, trying on a skirt here, buying a scarf there, stopping for a coffee and watching the world go by. I never thought of it as taking a vacation from myself, but that is a perfect way to put it. I always bring my cell phone, and when I get an urgent business call, I'll wait until I'm alone before returning it so my guy voice won't give me away. Once I slipped up and answered the phone as Windy, but my boss's secretary didn't catch on before I hung up. That brought me back to reality in a hurry! Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)