PDA

View Full Version : Hairy Situation

britney1
10-03-2005, 09:09 AM
I once again call upon the wisdom of the crossdressing community. I have recieved a lot of information regarding shaving. However, for those of us who can't shave on a regular basis, do you girls know of any Creme or Lotion or magic potion we can use on our faces, legs, etc... that would lessen the appearence of hair? Maybe make it more fine or thin it out?

Thanks girls.

GypsyKaren
10-03-2005, 09:49 AM
I use Aveeno Positively Smooth shave gel, it does slow down beard and hair growth as advertised. Noxceema has a similar gel that does the same trick.

GypsyKaren

kathy gg
10-03-2005, 10:11 AM
One thing that my hubbette has introduced to me is an epilator
http://www.hairfacts.com/methods/rotary.html

It is simliar to waxing(in how it removes the hair), but I find the pain to be almost non-exsistent the more you use it. Unlike razors which only cut the top of the hair you can see, an epilator grabs the hair and yanks it out, only really really fast. Also the results may last up to a week or two. Also, the more you use it and the more you yank the same hairs out, I find in the last four years that my regrowth of leg hair is maybe half of what it used to be. yes you still get some ingrowns, but nearly as bad as waxing.

But..if you really are worried about the pain factor a glass of wine does wonders!

As for creams and such, I really think most are 'one does not apply to all'. If there really was one product that you could just rub and hair would not return every gg I know would be spreading the word. Good products become well known because large numbers of women recomend and keep buying them. And I know alot of women who have tried various creams and applications and nothing seems to work for every person.

I guess that is why leg waxing and epilators and electrolosis are products that have staying power.

good luck on your search...

size7satin
10-03-2005, 11:06 AM
I also use Aveeno Positively Smooth Shaving Gel & Aveeno Positively Smooth Moisturizing Lotion. Combined I have seen a reduction in the need to shave as often. I have to say Im lucky I have little face & body hair to worrie about but both these products help even more.

Felicity
10-03-2005, 11:16 AM
One thing that lessens the appearence of leg hair is making it lighter. When I can't get regular sunlight, I go tanning. If your hair isn't too dark, it will become 'sunbleached' and get lighter. This with the darker skin from tanning makes it nore difficult to notice and some get away with it fine under stockings.

Wendy me
10-03-2005, 01:59 PM
i have been useing noxzema shaveing gell and it is working some....

Sophia Rearen
10-03-2005, 07:10 PM
britney,
I have been looking into laser treatments. They say it takes about 5 sessions to completely remove the hair from the treated area. I am considering reducing my chest hair. My wife wants me to keep it, I want to get rid of it. The happy medium may be reducing. If I had 3 treatments I figure 60% reduction. For my legs, during shorts months, I trim my hair with barber shears. It really has a thinning look. The longer the hairs, the hairier I look.

Kaitlyn Michele
10-03-2005, 07:24 PM
i get away with shaving some of my chest (camis are so in)
basically trim the top and i'm pretty hairy. it comes back in real fast tho and is quite irritating/

what is this shaving gel thing? is it over the counter stuff?

Rachel Morley
10-03-2005, 07:42 PM
I also use Aveeno Positively Smooth Shaving Gel on my face but there is no noticeable improvement. On the rest of my body I don't worry because it takes almost a week to grow back to where it's long enough to shave. Probably because of all those years of waxing my body in my past.

size7satin
10-03-2005, 08:29 PM
what is this shaving gel thing? is it over the counter stuff?

Yes you can get it at any walmart target walgreens about anywhere you look....

britney1
10-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Is it in the shaving gel or the skin care sections?

size7satin
10-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Is it in the shaving gel or the skin care sections?

In walmart I have found it in with the regular shaving stuff also over by the makeup, nair, waxing, bath beads area.

target & kmart its just in with the regular shaving supplys.

HaleyPink2000
10-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Ok this is a big thing for me. I have really hairy arms. Mostly gray but some black hairs also. I tried the nair thing and it got rid of the hair. But the bad thing was the hairs got infected from the chemical and I had big red dots for almost a month. Some kind of word like flickulitus or something medical sounding. Anyway, I would love to try something thining on my arms. The rest of me is ok from age or something, LOL. The hair on my legs is brittle, and breaks off so my legs are fine. It's just my arms that I want to do something with.

Thanks!
Haley:)

Felicity
10-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Why is everone off track? Britney stated two key pieces of information:

for those of us who can't shave on a regular basis

that would lessen the appearence of hair?

Sophia Rearen
10-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Why is everone off track? Britney stated two key pieces of information:

I don't think I'm off track.