PDA

View Full Version : Do You Appear Younger in Girl Mode than in Boy Mode? How much younger (or older)?

Stefia S
05-31-2011, 10:06 PM
I've had a couple TG friends say they believe they need to dress their age. When I see them, I think they appear so much younger en femme (as much as 10 years younger), than when they are in boy mode. So, I've suggested they dress the age they appear to be en femme and not their true age.

I was wondering if others find they appear younger en femme than en drab? And if so, how much younger? Or older if that's the case?

VioletJourney
05-31-2011, 10:17 PM
I look older. I never really developed a "man face", which doesn't affect my female look but makes me look like a kid in boy mode.

Barbara Dugan
05-31-2011, 10:20 PM
I am 42, I think I look younger in drab..when I dress I look my age

Karren H
05-31-2011, 10:20 PM
A couple years either way doesn't matter.... We both look too friggin old!! Sigh..

Patrice_CD
05-31-2011, 10:21 PM
I've been told by many that I look to be in my mid to late 30's. That's about a 15 year younger range than what I am in boy mode. I'll take that :daydreaming:

PretzelGirl
05-31-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't think that it is uncommon as we will dress younger and also make-up and wigs can cover things that make us appear older. I mean, who wants to dress older than they are?

Miranda09
05-31-2011, 10:31 PM
I think I look much younger than I really am, but even in boy mode, I don't look my age, which fine with me. Now if I could just act my age!!!!! :D

VioletJourney
05-31-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't think that it is uncommon as we will dress younger and also make-up and wigs can cover things that make us appear older. I mean, who wants to dress older than they are?
If you look too young, people will assume you're a stupid kid and won't take you seriously. At least, with people in my age group.

RachelOKC
05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
People have been telling me for about fifteen years that I look at least five years younger. I'm good with that.

I used to get ID'd ALL THE TIME ten years ago, *especially* in girl mode...doesn't really happen anymore though. Simultaneously a bummer and a good thing.

Rachel Morley
05-31-2011, 10:50 PM
This is a tricky one for me as when I'm in boy mode people (at work mostly) have told me that they think I look about 40 years old ... which is 8 years younger than I am. Most of that perception, I tend to think, is based upon my attitude to life, not so much how old I physically look. In girl mode I think I look better as makeup gives me a better completion and I (of course) have much more "hair", and so I think I look a touch younger. My wife on the other hand, thinks I look exactly the same age in both boy and girl mode which is also (according to her) the same age as I really am.

NathalieX66
05-31-2011, 11:07 PM
I think Stephen Tyler is an honest benchmark of whether someone looks their age.
That's a lot of highlights, coloring & treatment for a guy his age (he has all his own hair) , but his rubber face & Mick Jagger lips still don't look too bad. I wouldn't expect him to look like Kate Moss or Cameron Diaz, but still not bad.

Monica93304
05-31-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm 40, but when I'm dolled up people think I'm in my mid to late 20's. That makes this girl smile...

Tanya C
05-31-2011, 11:24 PM
About 10 years younger when I'm in girl mode. For one thing my wig doesn't have any gray hair whereas my real hair has a gray strand or two.
Also, makeup has a way of bringing color and moisture to this old weather beaten face of mine.

Cynthia Anne
05-31-2011, 11:27 PM
I look Older in girl mode! Don't like it one bit! Too bad! I'm much happier in girl mode! So I'D RATHER BE AN OLD HAS BEEN THEN A YOUNGER HE BEEN!

Vickie_CDTV
06-01-2011, 03:50 AM
If you look too young, people will assume you're a stupid kid and won't take you seriously. At least, with people in my age group.

That is a very good point, and I experienced similar issues when I first started going out in the TG community. Being so much younger I wasn't taken too seriously en drab, but dressed up I looked almost middle aged and it helped me to "blend" a bit more. At 21 I could pass for almost 40 when dressed and I thought that was really awesome at the time.

Some may also dress to look older, if they are attracted to GGs in that particular age range (not that I would know about that... erm, of course not... of course not...)

Kate Simmons
06-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Of course, why else do you think I do it? As far as looking younger, women don't tell their age, so that's kinda problematic.:heehee::)

Jean Marie
06-01-2011, 07:32 AM
I am a really older gurl and dress approiately for a middle age full figured woman, but yes I do fel i feel I appear a bit younger, maybe its just the inner glow from presenting as my intended gender showing through.

Daphne Renee
06-01-2011, 08:52 AM
I am 41 but people often assume I am in my mid to late 20's. I think its probably close to the same in either mode.

Pythos
06-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Late 20s for me. But that is what my eyes percieve.

Alice B
06-01-2011, 10:59 AM
When dressed I think I look younger and even my wife has commented on it, although see does not like to see me dressed. I think it is because I'm wearing make up that gives me a younger look.

Starr
06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Yes I think I do.. about 10 - 15 years younger.. From some of the guys I have talked to they seem to agree with that..

Mikaela
06-01-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm told I look young for my age in boy mode, and younger when as Kaela. I've been told i looked late 20s by several people in the past couple months and they wanted proof when I said they were off by a decade. Maybe they're just being polite, but a few seemed honestly shocked.

carhill2mn
06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
I know that I feel and think that I look younger when en femme. I have also been told by others that I look younger so I will believe them.

renee elizabeth
06-01-2011, 03:53 PM
hmmn, in boy mode i always get told i do not look anywhere near my age, so i am guessing that my female mode would be the same, no wrinkles, etc :)

sissystephanie
06-01-2011, 08:01 PM
I am now 79 years old! But all my friends, who don't know my actual age, think that I am in my late 50's or early 60's! Of course that is in drab, but those who have seen me enfemme think the same thing! I have always looked younger than I really am because I take care of myself.

Cheryl T
06-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Actually I just got a new wig and my spouse and I were talking about the age I appear to be when dressed. She asked how old I thought I looked and I said about 45 (I'm 61)...with the new wig she said I look more like 40. Gotta love makeup and a nice hair style....

Rhibabes
06-09-2011, 03:03 PM
im 23 and when i dress i look around 17 ish not sure why but i like it lol

marny
06-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I still think I look 25. Jokes on me. I'm the only one! :heehee: actualy i look younger and better dressed. Less severe. i was out dressed today and had some very nice compliments. Is it the economy or all the instant news tragedy in the world. Seems to me people are getting nicer!

Anna B
06-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Nope, still feels like 59 to me but it really feels better in girly mode, can't imagine why...

Anna x

victoriamwilliams1
06-28-2011, 01:47 AM
In both modes I look younger, well when I shave my beard off in guy mode:) I get early yo mids 30's when I am in my early 40's!

lynn_lynn
06-28-2011, 02:41 AM
yes. very much so. I take care of my skin better. though I may have mentioned it before. I live around people that are not comfortable with me being full blown lady like.. Ive been learning to overcome that due to the fact I understand they are miserable and I love the nightlife, I got to boogie on the disco round,. haha.. :)

gender_blender
06-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Yes. Make up and hormones can help preserve age by appearing younger. I know my skin has gotten softer and younger looking in recent years. Using Moisturizer daily and dressing like a teenage prostitute helps too. :)