PDA

View Full Version : Obsessions with photos

Kaz
06-01-2011, 07:53 AM
I have managed to get a couple of days away again and dressing life is bliss... but I am spending all my time taking photos... am I mad? Does anyone else obsess like this?

Danni Renee
06-01-2011, 08:08 AM
I do sometimes. Even though I can dress more often now than ever before, I still feel the need to commorate the occasion by taking pictures of myself. In addition, I have been exercising and dieting and it is nice to go back and see where I was compared to where I am now.

Cynthia Anne
06-01-2011, 08:35 AM
No your'e not mad! Your'e happy! And I'm happy that your'e happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daphne Renee
06-01-2011, 08:41 AM
As long as your happy thats what matters most. I am not really a take pictures of everything type of person. There are however a lot of people who really enjoy it.

linda allen
06-01-2011, 09:03 AM
I take photos. Have to hide them, though.

Actually, sometimes I'll touch up the photos with makeup, lipstick, etc.

tamarav
06-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Historically I have taken lots of pictures, in an attempt to later look at them and see what I actually look like after the pink fog has burned off and for building my skills. At least that is the thought when I take them...

Looking at yourself in the mirror doesn't have any lasting qualities, and then there is the self doubt that gets built in to further blur your mind's picture. It also helps to see what you look like from behind,, since we rarely look for longer than a glance in a mirror.

Don't ever worry about being obsessed with picture taking, you are not alone in that respect. I look at it as an aspect of practice.

Valerie Nova
06-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I'll freely admit I'm obsessed with taking pictures. I have several thousand digital pictures on my laptop. Granted most of them were taken with this automated program that snaps a picture every ten seconds, (using the self-timer with heels can be a literal pain!) but it's interesting to have a record of how my dressing and makeup skills have improved with time. :D

Plus, when I get older, I'll be able to look at these pictures of a young lady and think, "that was me." :)

NicoleScott
06-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Guilty. I take lots of pics almost every time I dress. It takes a lot to get one good one. My normal routine is: after I am finished with dressing, put everything away and shower, I hit the computer to load the pics and view them, selecting any good ones, cropping, adjusting exposure, etc.

Julie Denier
06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Guilty. I take lots of pics almost every time I dress. It takes a lot to get one good one. My normal routine is: after I am finished with dressing, put everything away and shower, I hit the computer to load the pics and view them, selecting any good ones, cropping, adjusting exposure, etc.

Same for me -- except I'm usually still dressed during download and editing.

BillieJoEllen
06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
I think the last time I took a pic of myself was in the late 80s. Wouldn't really mind taking a few but as you can see I'm not really obsessed about it.

Emily Ann Brown
06-01-2011, 11:54 AM
As a photographer I can not get away from it. We all need the pictures for confirmation. I have slower down now, but I think the quality has gone up!!! I hope WINK!

Em

TxKimberly
06-01-2011, 12:24 PM
No. Uh uh. Never done that. *cough* *cough* *Choke* *Choke*

Rianna Humble
06-01-2011, 12:28 PM
I am spending all my time taking photos... am I mad?

You know the old saying: You don't have to be mad to come here, but if you are it helps! :devil:

Deanna B
06-01-2011, 12:29 PM
hi kaz. mad , mad as a hater:D. me to love to take some pic . i dress once in a blue moon with the full thing but work is winning so not a lot of time but if i got the time i love to take a pic to remember by. have fun and take care:). love deanna b xx

thechic
06-01-2011, 01:13 PM
I use to take plenty of photos,but now dont bother.

Aleca
06-01-2011, 01:19 PM
It seems like more of an addiction than anything else. It seems like whenever I dress all I want to do is take photos of myself and get aroused. It's a real feeding frenzy. It's ok if you have nothing else to do but when it starts interfering in your daily life that can be a problem.

Kate Simmons
06-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Geez I dunno. The main reason I took a lot of pics was to try out different looks. We all like to see how far we can push it sometimes.:)

carhill2mn
06-01-2011, 02:07 PM
No, I am sure that you are the only one who feels like this (grin).

Karren H
06-01-2011, 02:13 PM
As a photographer I can not get away from it. We all need the pictures for confirmation. I have slower down now, but I think the quality has gone up!!! I hope WINK!

Em

Up with your modesty, Em? Lol

And who got you into the digital age?? I won't remind you who used to call me a photo $lut!! And yes I have a dedicated external drive with gigabytes and gigabytes or photos and videos...

Paulette
06-01-2011, 02:20 PM
I too have taken a reasonable amount of photo's, OK a boat load of photo's (think Titanic) and still like to take ones after being out or just before going out to capture the look. I do however find that I do not take that many while out as I go to mostly main stream venues and there are not a lot of people taking their own picture. I try to blend and snapping a ton of pictures seems to remove the blending part.

renee elizabeth
06-01-2011, 03:50 PM
love having my femme pictures taken, it's definitely a keepsake, the strange thing is that as a male i tend to shy away from the camera

Donna June
06-01-2011, 03:53 PM
I take tons of photos too...I heard a GG being critical of CD / TG people saying "real woman aren't constantly taking pictures of themselves". I think it's because we have to hide our femininity so much and when we have a chance to express it we want to record it, atleast I do....Hope you share some of your pics

Robin Lee
06-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Kaz,
I love photograph, so I just can't miss a photo of me, o my, am I talking about me! LOL!

Best wishes
Robin Lee

Mikaela
06-01-2011, 08:58 PM
One thing I think plays to the power of a photograph is that it's not a mirror view of you, nor is it you seeing yourself eye-to-eye so to speak. It's an opportunity for you to see yourself as someone else might, something like an out of body experience.

StephanieC
06-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Yes. So I can learn what works and what doesn't.

ReineD
06-01-2011, 09:35 PM
My SO took many pictures when she started to go out a lot. I think she enjoyed documenting her looks, and also she appreciated getting the feedback. She was also working on increasing her wardrobe and determining what works and doesn't work for her in different surroundings. There were lots of pics over a period of two years or so, and it all culminated into a professional, pin-up style photo shoot that came out great! But, I've seen very few pics of her since. She has been going out regularly for years now. Maybe she is happy with the style that she has developed, and there is no more need for documentation, since she is no longer on a learning curve. She really does have impeccable taste in clothes and jewelry. :)

I asked her recently why she doesn't take pictures any more and she told me she just doesn't think of it, and I keep forgetting to take her picture too. Usually we're in a hurry to get where we're going.

Eryn
06-01-2011, 09:43 PM
For a lot of us I think that the photos are part of the answer to the question "why did I just go to all this trouble?" If we can't enjoy looking at ourselves or sharing with a few select friends then the point is diminished.

Nancie64
06-01-2011, 10:05 PM
I like the pictures thing too. I do ask my SO to take some pics when Nancie is around so that she can see what looks good and what doesn't. My SO is always worried that someone will find them (meaning my children) and that would cause major problems. I do have some taken when I have a makeover.

Barbara Dugan
06-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't call it an obsession but an outlet to express yourself...I usually take just a few pictures on all kind of dress and undress but on everyone of them I try to express the real me

Katesback
06-01-2011, 11:08 PM
From what I have seen CDs are often very apt to take pictures. Some go to great lengths to even photoshop them.

Miranda09
06-01-2011, 11:14 PM
If I've taken the time to get all dolled up, looking AND feeling sexy, then I will take lots of photos, and why not. The photo will last forever and it's fun to look back at them over time to see how I have progressed. So go ahead...be obsessed!! :)

Eryn
06-01-2011, 11:16 PM
My SO is always worried that someone will find them (meaning my children) and that would cause major problems.

This is a very legitimate concern. With the cost of SD card being only $20 or less it makes perfect sense to keep a separate card for your CD photos only. Keep the card out of the camera and physically secured and the chance of unauthorized persons viewing the photos is very small.

jillcutie
06-02-2011, 05:25 AM
I don't take many photos right now, it's so hard to take them of yourself. I'm hoping to convince my wife to take some of me though.

Staci G
06-02-2011, 05:59 AM
:worship:Tamara, I too am obsessed with your pictures too. Not mine by any means. I could learn so much from you.

Emily_3
06-02-2011, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't call it an obsession but an outlet to express yourself...I usually take just a few pictures on all kind of dress and undress but on everyone of them I try to express the real me

:yt: agree 100% about expression of the real you

If I've taken the time to get all dolled up, looking AND feeling sexy, then I will take lots of photos, and why not. The photo will last forever and it's fun to look back at them over time to see how I have progressed. So go ahead...be obsessed!! :)

Agree with this too, a photograph is like a window in time, they can be looked back on later in life. :)

As a photographer, I take lots of pictures and video, so if you think you're obsessed, if it make you happy, snap away :)

DebCD
06-02-2011, 12:33 PM
I take pictures of myself in various states of dress. I also make little movies of myself. Sometimes I spend hours going through my pictures and videos editing and adjusting them. I don't always take pics or videos when I dress, but when I do, I go through some mega pixels. I find it exciting to take them as well as look at them later. So if its crazy, then that I am.

-Deb

RenneB
06-02-2011, 12:34 PM
It started out as a form of accomplishment. Ya know, marking my point in time where I was able to get dressed and snap take a pic. Now I use them to check my makeup skills, stances, and I'm moving onto short movies to check my gate and swagger... LOL. The eveloution of the photographs has also been a way of building confidence. First I only took pics of my legs. Now I'm more confident, thanks to a lot of the girls on this site, to take the shots outside. It is really helping me grow as a CDr and fill the roll that I wanted to be and that was to blend in with the GGs. Time will tell, but I'm lovin' the journey..

Renne.....

suzy1
06-02-2011, 01:42 PM
I take pictures and post them because the people expect it of Lady Suzy.
I’m not obsessed Kaz. I’m not. Really I’m not!

kimdl93
06-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Obsessed, maybe. Mad, certainly not.

Shananigans
06-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Oh my God, my SO and I get dressed up and take sooooo many photos! We are usually using the webcam on my computer and are trying to get really fun angles that never work because we are both giants and it's hard to fit two tall people in a frame. It's funny because we will move the computer this way and that way and every way in between. We then get frustrated and curse the fact that we don't have a photographer in the house. I think we are both a little obsessed with ourselves so we just enjoy getting looking hot and taking pictures of how hot we are...we are really lame.

chris80
06-02-2011, 05:06 PM
CDs have to take lots of photos because it is often only about 1 in 20-30 which you are happy with the resulting feminine appearance.

How many CD's does it take to change a lightbulb?
1 to change the bulb and 9 to take the photos.

Tara D. Rose
06-02-2011, 05:12 PM
That's me also. I do the same thing. I throw crappy pictures and keep just a few that seem ok. And during those times, time passes so extremliy fast, and it's 2 or 4:39 in the morning. Then,I hang it all up and go to bed and sleep half then next day away. Then I look at the pics again , keeping some and deleting the others. I can't get enough clothes, I want more and more , more pics , more clothes.

Darlene-VA
06-02-2011, 05:21 PM
I try to take pics most of the time just to see how the hair and makeup really look and to give a better idea of different outfits, you can only tell so much by looking in the full length mirror.

Kaz
06-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks for all your replies! I agree with just about everyone here! I had three hours away this morning before heading back home... should have done some work but what is a girl to do? I now have hundreds of photos to look through... probably ditch 95% of them... you only get to see the best!

I recently did a historic album... me over the last three years... and run it as a slide show... the story of my life!

PretzelGirl
06-04-2011, 12:21 AM
You mean we are suppose to take photos????? Now you tell me! <snicker>

t-girlxsophie
06-04-2011, 03:27 AM
I do love taking pics,my mobile phone is packed with them God knows why as me and Quality photography dont go,Everytime I get ready to take a pic,Nice outfit,hair sitting right and a not too bad makeup job it all seems to fall apart with the flash the results never match what I saw beforehand and every pose looks awkward.Still I like to see how an outfit looks on me and share the nice ones with my wife and friends.3 in a 100 if im lucky lol

Sophie

Jocelyn Quivers
06-04-2011, 03:43 AM
There is nothing wrong being obsessed with photos. Even when you spend all day and night trying to gain that perfect picture and when you don't get that perfect picture it's a tremendous let down.

Kathryn Philips
06-05-2011, 07:40 AM
...I think it's because we have to hide our femininity so much and when we have a chance to express it we want to record it, atleast I do...

Like Donna June I take many pictures, actually, every time I dress. The opportunities to do so are so rare that I need to record them so that I can see myself as a woman whenever I need to (just about every day). My reason for dressing I is to look like a woman. It is the seeing myself that matters, not so much the feeling of the clothes.

Florence Tidji
06-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Yes I am the same, picture is the best to remember all those great moments!!!

Babette
06-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Photography is one of my passions. However, I only take pictures of myself once or twice per year. Whenever that happens, I find myself obsessing over details so much that it takes away from my enjoyment of being dressed. Now let me play with landscape photography and I will be happy as a clam.

Babette

cosmolovesph
06-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Yes I do as well and always have. I have photos over the years, lots of shots of my legs in hosiery/heels. I think it validates, yes I got dressed and when I go out, I WAS OUT!

Samantha43
06-05-2011, 10:05 AM
I love to take photos. I don't take as many as I used to. I just don't think about it as much as I once did. It sometimes seems I need to take 50 photos just to get one good one. That's alot of work!

SamanthaS
06-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Taking pics is the only way "we" can see our fem-selves without being dressed. I think thats why most cds have/take so many pics of themselves.