PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected sorta-acceptance from my wife...

NyssaF
06-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Background: My wife knew that I was a crossdresser before we got married. She had seen me dressed in clothes before we got married. After we got married, I went into a "not dressing" phase that lasted for the better part of 10 years (give or take a time or two, and of course urges that I surpressed). When I started again, she did not take it well. There were a lot of arguments, a lot of tears, and then an agreement: I would talk things over with my therapist. If he said it was okay, then she'd let me dress.

He said it was okay, of course. My wife lived up to our agreement, giving just a couple provisos:

I kept my dressing completely quiet and hidden
I only did it in my man cave
Make sure there was zero chance the kiddos could see me
She would not be a part of it

Flash forward to Today:
My wife and the kiddos were out, so I got dressed in my favorite sundress, undies, bra with fake boobs, hose and my new pair of pumps. I was quite happy, wandering around the house, making coffee, etc, all dressed. Yay! I then retreated back to my man cave to spend some time writing.

And then came the surprise: My wife came home around lunchtime, and said "I know you're dressed, but i want to go downstairs and talk for you for a bit." I asked if she was certain, and she said yes. And down she came.

She looked at me and laughed, saying I look ridiculous. I agreed with that, 'cuz I do. [grin] Then we started talking, though, and after the first couple of minutes, she seemed at ease. After that, she asked me to come upstairs and we talked about financial planning for the summer.

Inviting me upstairs is huge! Her biggest fear is that someone she knows will discover that I am a cross-dresser, and then she'll be embarrassed 'cuz others know.

As we were talking, I noticed she kept glancing down at my b00bs. I asked if it would be more comfortable for her if I took out the b00bs, and she said "please." So I did, and she relaxed completely. After that, we were talking just like we normally do. The only difference is, I was dressed. We even talked about the waist cincher I was wearing, and how it makes my tummy so much slimmer. [grin]

So, that was sorta-kinda acceptance on her part. I appreciate it SOOOOOO much! It was very nice. :)

Persephone
06-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Congratulations!

Let her work at her own pace and, hopefully, she'll become more and more comfortable.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Stephanie47
06-01-2011, 02:07 PM
It's nice to see her accept you for the person you are! Wearing a dress does not change you from the true person you are!

DonnaT
06-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Cool!

My wife has problems with the wig, b00bs and makeup, so I don't wear them around the house. Made it a lot easier for her to handle, even if she still doesn't like it.

Joanagreenleaf
06-01-2011, 04:58 PM
About time!

What's wrong with behaving normally because you are normal?

(Someone has to crossdress to make the statistics look right.)

You probably need to work out what the problem is with the chest area... While it's doubtful she's "into" them, there's probably something that doesn't look exactly right to her - on anybody who has 'em arranged that way.

Perhaps you'll allow yourselves more latitude this summer. It is just clothes, so long as your focus is on your own home comfort and not on leaving the wife and kiddos to go hang about on street corners....

Kids like superman capes, teenagers like piercings, older people can like what they want too.