PDA

View Full Version : Small work victory

Jess Marie
06-01-2011, 11:44 PM
So, Monday I asked my Walmart manager if we could wear shorts, as I saw some associates in Lawn&Garden wearing shorts. She said cashiers are not allowed to wear shorts, but to try capri's because they are allowed. I was like, "what?" trying to play it off like I didn't know what they are. She said, "come on, Shaun has them." and we went to Shaun's station and there he was in capri's. So, I bought some capri's and wore them today. It was awesome and a few people asked why I was and I said, ''we aren't allowed to wear shorts, but girls are allowed to wear skirts and capri's and since there is no discrimination, we are allowed to wear gender opposite clothing, so some of us guys bought capri's to get by their rules." and they would chuckle and said good job. It was a good victory today :D

Anyone else dress openly at work without people really knowing you are a CD?

Persephone
06-02-2011, 02:20 AM
That's pretty cool, Jess Marie! A CD who is wearing capris to work, but only because guys are doing it! Sounds kinda like the plot for a new "made for TV :)" movie to be titled Walmart Meets Victor/Victoria.

Hugs,
Persephone.

sandra-leigh
06-02-2011, 03:48 AM
a new "made for TV :)" movie to be titled Walmart Meets Victor/Victoria.

Would that be Val*Mart ?

Staci G
06-02-2011, 04:27 AM
That is wonderful, I sell cars so we have our own dress code. We were talking the other day and the girls said they should wear mini skirts, and if the guys wanted to we could too. I said that would work for me, playing it off as a joke. BUT I would so love that, Congrats on the capri's I am envy you.

Cynthia Anne
06-02-2011, 07:53 AM
That's great Jess Marie! Keep in mine that Cashiers Are allowed to wear SKIRTS AND DRESSES TOO!!!!!!! Get-er-done! Hugs!