PDA

View Full Version : femm car

erintemp
06-02-2011, 08:29 AM
has anyone thought of or has bought or bilt a car or truck for your femm side. I love building cars almost as much as cding. I have been thinking of putting something together, but everything I think of building would stand out and how could I explane the femm hotrod car in the driveway.

Anna B
06-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Build it, but just don't paint it pink...!

erintemp
06-02-2011, 08:35 AM
pink and gray two tone with purple grafix splitting the two colors is what I an thinking. I would never beable to hide a car like that but I think it would be a truck.

girlalex
06-02-2011, 08:38 AM
I've recently realized that Lamborghini cars are the perfect exotic car for a masculine personality where is Ferrari cars appear more feminine than masculine.

DonnaT
06-02-2011, 09:47 AM
pink and gray two tone with purple grafix splitting the two colors is what I an thinking. I would never beable to hide a car like that but I think it would be a truck.
If you really like that color combo, then do it. People ask, just tell them you like the colors. People say it looks girly, say "so!?" and smile knowingly. They'll soon stop talking about it.

Pythos
06-02-2011, 09:56 AM
You all know the Ford Mustang was originally designed with women in mind? It was low to the ground so they could get in whilst wearing a skirt, it was relatively low powered at first for the same reason (remember women could not handle a true muscle car).

Frankly I think the notion of masculine and feminine vehicles is stupid. Saying "a man should drive this, and women should drive this" is just another limitation placed on people for no good reason. I recall an article where they rated cars in their masculinity and femininity. It was the stupidest thing I had read, and it was going by dumb notions. The VW beetle was considered feminine, as was the Mini, the new ford mustang was very "manly", as were all the vehicles with big engines. To me, most a feminine. But not feminine as like a woman, but like a steed. Even the A-10 warthog. LOL.

I never understood the whole Mazda Miata being a "gay man's car", to me it looked like a modern day MGB roadster. same size, same seating, and about the same performance envelope.

Karren H
06-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Well my black 03 Ford Ranger FX4/Level II is pretty fem and sexy!! And in neighboring WV.... A girl with a full set of theat AND her own 4wd pickup is considered a real catch!! Maybe enough so to over look the obvious fact I'm not really a girl!

junetv
06-02-2011, 10:46 AM
In the 90's I had an Mazda MX6 -- after I traded it, I found it was designed for women. My current car is a BMW station wagon (or "touring") but with it's Yakima bike rack and lowered stance, it's a little more male than female. I've thought it often clashes with June. In my mind, my excuse has been, "it's my boyfriend's car. My Camry is in the shop."

tamarav
06-02-2011, 10:57 AM
I built a 1987 Fiero and painted it purple specifically as my femme car about 6 years ago. I am not sure anyone has ever seen a guy driving it. And, yes, a full set of teeth around here is also considered an asset Karren.

Stephenie S
06-02-2011, 11:35 AM
For goodness sake, dear. Why do you think you have to explain yourself to anyone else when you build a car????

Put on your big girl panties and do whatever you want. You aren't responsible for your likes and dislikes to anyone but yourself.

Stephie

5150 Girl
06-02-2011, 11:45 AM
You all know the Ford Mustang was originally designed with women in mind? It was low to the ground so they could get in whilst wearing a skirt, it was relatively low powered at first for the same reason (remember women could not handle a true muscle car).

I have a 5.0L Mustang, I've post a millon and one pics of here and there...
However, i think have 2 sepreate vehicals for each persona os a waste of money

Cassidy
06-02-2011, 11:52 AM
The pink and gray paint scheme was available on cars built in the 1950s. It was available on the now hallowed 1955-57 Chevrolet and Chrysler had a variation on the same color scheme. If memory serves me Chrysler built a convertible marketed directly to women. As usual for 1950s cars a big chunk of chrome acted as the dividing line between colors. If you were to build a car and use pink and gray you could call it 'retro.' If you paint it pink you could always say you work for Mary Kay. I've been to countless car and motorcycle shows and have seen many, many paint schemes. Really anything goes these days.

Jackiefl
06-02-2011, 12:02 PM
I beleive the car was built by dodge and called Le Fem.

BillieJoEllen
06-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Perhaps a good set of girly vanity plates would serve just as well? I remember seeing a car with a very womanly vanity plate driving around town. I've seen thay car hundreds of times. It even had a few fem stickers on it. I never did however see it driven by a woman.

erintemp
06-02-2011, 01:22 PM
the build i have in mind i dont think i could ever drive dressed cuz everyone would expect a guy to be driving it. I could see going to a car show with the kids or worse with the old man and someone say I seen your wife/girlfriend driving it around town. That would not turn out good at all.

joanna4
06-02-2011, 06:12 PM
I've had this car since I was 17. Its know as a girl car
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5241/2003toyotacelicaforsale.jpg

Carla
06-02-2011, 07:15 PM
I put carlashes on my ride!!!

Persephone
06-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Frankly I think the notion of masculine and feminine vehicles is stupid. Saying "a man should drive this, and women should drive this" is just another limitation placed on people for no good reason.

Seems to me that you are looking through the wrong end of the telescope, Pythos, and it is making the answer appear to be much further away.

It is not a matter of telling people which car they should drive, it is a matter of preference. Just like some people love broccoli and others despise it.

In our society, food stores make broccoli available to those who enjoy it and don't force it on those who don't.

In general, the majority of women have certain preferences about their vehicles and their preferences tend to differ from the majority of men's preferences. There also tend to be differences in preferences between single young women and married women with children, just as there tend to be differences between the preferences of single young men and married men.

And there are some women, and some men who have completely different preferences. My spouse, for example, prefers her Jeep Wrangler 4X over most other cars.

So, Pythos, in a free society where there is consumer choice no-one is forced to select a particular car.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Staci G
06-02-2011, 07:20 PM
I hope this is girly enough, My wife picked it out. I love to ride dressed with the top down.

RADER
06-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Sorry, I like a Peter Built. Something about being way up in the clouds, high above the traffic. LOL
Rader

erintemp
06-02-2011, 07:32 PM
that fiero is hot I could possably hide that car from friends and family and only take it for a ride when dressed.

kymmieLorain
06-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Well I think the Jeep Liberty is a chick car as 98% of all I see have a chick driving. then again I thought of one myself, But It would have a lift, and bigger tires.

Kymmie

Eryn
06-02-2011, 10:08 PM

La Femme to be exact. It was an accessory package that consisted of special paint, interior fabrics and purse storage, and included a matching purse, raincoat, and other girly items. Very few were sold and they are quite collectable today.

Cars designed specifically for females have never sold well, but one could consider it the ultimate anti-theft device!

Marcia Blue
06-02-2011, 10:28 PM
My SIL has a Toyota Celica, my favorite fem car. I am waiting for her to blow up the engine and then i will make bid to buy it. (She has blown up the last 2 cars she has had). It sits almost to low for a skirt, but that only makes it a challenge.

suchacutie
06-02-2011, 10:42 PM
There sure are cars that just ooze femininity!

There was a time when I was forced to have a reserved parking spot. One day I pulled into work to find a shocking-pink corvette parked in my space with the license plate "SO SEXY".

Yup!

Babeba
06-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Come to think of it... there IS a purse hanger in my Elantra! I hadn't thought of it as being a girl car because of it, just a practical one!

Eryn
06-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Both Volvo and Iran keep trying, though:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3528757.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7657810.stm

Loveday
06-02-2011, 11:28 PM
In the eighties and nineties alot of the women I worked with drove Honda Accords and Preludes. Now, I often see a Pink and Grey newer VW Beatle driving around that is part of a retail chain called Pink Pumps, it definatley says fem car to me.

Jay Cee
06-02-2011, 11:30 PM
I contemplated my femme side when I bought my current car. No more blacks and dark greys for me - red is the order of the day.

Eryn
06-02-2011, 11:34 PM
I have found it, the Ultimate Femme Car:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3027/2959808140_a748c1ff16.jpg

t-girlxsophie
06-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Ford Transit or "Tranny" van would be ideal,changing facilities in the back too LOL

Sophie

Persephone
06-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Both Volvo and Iran keep trying, though:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3528757.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7657810.stm

Isn't the Ford minivan marketed entirely to women?

Eryn
06-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Isn't the Ford minivan marketed entirely to women?

You mean the Freestar? I don't recall it being marketed to anyone! :)

Now, the new C-max might be more femme, but it's a really mini minivan!

The Transit Connect is pretty masculine, at least the way it is sold in the US.

Tina B.
06-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Well I don't build cars, but I did buy a Chrysler Town and Country Van, thats about a Soccer mom as you can get!
Tina B.

Debb
06-03-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm told by my sons (both mechanics) that my Miata is a girly car ... I couldn't care less. It's cute :-D

Maddie22
06-03-2011, 12:46 PM
I drive a mid 2000's Honda Accord Coupe....I think that may fall into the androgynous car category.

erintemp
06-03-2011, 01:18 PM
I hope this works but this is kind of what i was thinking of building but with a femm touch.
88 burban

erintemp
06-03-2011, 01:22 PM
I will try again after work. I hate computers!!!

Victoria StJohn
06-03-2011, 02:08 PM
I have found it, the Ultimate Femme Car:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3027/2959808140_a748c1ff16.jpg

Eryn, I'll have one of these, please.:D

suchacutie
06-03-2011, 04:28 PM
OMG...just think of the outfit you'd need to go with the "red-pump" car! And of course you'd need red heels to match!!!

:)

Tina

Bootsiegalore
06-03-2011, 04:41 PM
I just like a powerful car. One with some Giddy-up! I love my Vette! That is my girlie car! For work I have a 4x4 truck. All girls like a fast ride! My wife is a real leadfoot! She has always had a Mustang GT Convertible until last year. Now she has a Kia Sol.

erintemp
06-04-2011, 02:15 AM
I was thinking of some thing like this all grey with pink relly stripes, some big 5 star rims with flute cuts in them so they realy sparckle when they are moving. leather bucket seats and enough hp to pull your wig off

VanessaVW
06-04-2011, 07:54 AM
I just like a powerful car. One with some Giddy-up! I love my Vette! That is my girlie car! For work I have a 4x4 truck. All girls like a fast ride! My wife is a real leadfoot! She has always had a Mustang GT Convertible until last year. Now she has a Kia Sol.

I have a V6 Mustang. Been told that V6 Stangs are girl's cars.
I'm keeping it, and I'm not changing either. :)

KellyCD
06-04-2011, 10:52 AM
This is an interesting thread. As a mechanic myself I think it's funny how a carefully crafted piece of metal, plastic and carpet can become a "manly" or "girly" car. I do however subscribe to the idea.

IMO Miata's are girly cars, as well as ALL VW's. Alot of "men" would agree with that. My SO loves Ford Explorer from a couple years ago(and not the horrible thing on wheels Ford claims is the new Explorer, everyone I know agrees it's ugly as sin, same with the Flex). She's also currently still in love with the Pontiac Sunfire. I've known lots of girls practically have an orgasm when they see a truck around here lifted to the sky with stupid large tires. My roommate actually stopped in traffic and was almost rearended because she was looking at one, didn't matter people were slamming on their brakes to try not to hit us and were screaming at her as they drove by. She kept screaming in her backwoods country accent "LOOKAT DAT SUPENSHUN! LOOKAT DAT SUPENSHUN!!.....she's a "good ol country girl"(and btw I DESPISE "country girls" but that's another topic). So it doesn't really matter what it is, people will find a way to make it "Manly" or "girly"

I personally drive a Pontiac G6 GT, my SO named it "Kelly" and we both love her.(yes it's a her, all cars are a "her" ever notice that?" She is deffently not stock and sounds pretty mean. She's got enough pep to get around but I still get 35+MPG on my way to work. She's "rated" for 26 MPG highway, but on flat ground I'll get that doing 85~90mph. Normal highway speed around here is 45mph(yes seriously) then I'll get at least 37 and at most 43mpg.

Christine1954
06-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi there,
This was my femme car and I loved it. It was my daughters originally and when she decided to change it for a more family friendly car, I had it. It was said at the time that I had it to try and return to my youth, but I knew the real reason. I loved it and although I never drove en femme, I always felt girly. Unfortunately it was not practical, my wife hated it, so it had to go. :sad:
Christine.

5150 Girl
06-04-2011, 04:06 PM

La Femme to be exact. It was an accessory package that consisted of special paint, interior fabrics and purse storage, and included a matching purse, raincoat, and other girly items. Very few were sold and they are quite collectable today.
Cars designed specifically for females have never sold well, but one could consider it the ultimate anti-theft device!
Actually I belive the La Femme was imported from France by Renault... Hence the prefix "Le", which they used on a few of their models. (Hence the LeCar)
Beeing a Renault is more likey the reason for disamal sales, as anyone who's had experience with the LeCar, or the Encore/Aliance can surly atest to what a total POS they were.

MAZDA MITATTA.....
In it's stock form, yea, it's a girly car, how ever, stuff a Ford 302 under the hood, and you have a beast on your hands! Ans as the Miatta was manufactured with Mazda under the Ford banner, 302 conversions are easy to come by.
I also belive there's a company called "Monster Miatta" that you can buy the kit from, or buy a turn-key packackage from.

joyce483
06-05-2011, 06:51 AM
I have a 2004 YELLOW toyota celica, came with a diamond studded gear shift, definetly looks like a chick's car!!

erintemp
06-05-2011, 09:49 AM
[/QUOTE]MAZDA MITATTA.....
In it's stock form, yea, it's a girly car, how ever, stuff a Ford 302 under the hood, and you have a beast on your hands! Ans as the Miatta was manufactured with Mazda under the Ford banner, 302 conversions are easy to come by.
I also belive there's a company called "Monster Miatta" that you can buy the kit from, or buy a turn-key packackage from.[/QUOTE]

I got to drive a miata with a stock 302 in it. The car was like a top, mash the gas and the car would spin in circles.

You could also small block the fiero witch were alot of fun. they hooked up better than the miata cuz the motor is over the drives.

erintemp
06-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Like kellycd i also find it funny that cars are labbled manly or girly. I think the only thing that would make a car a mans car or a girls car is the paint job. for example my sister has a s10 we have been building for years that started out as a lowered all white truck. Now it is airbagged, body dropped, 4 linked with mini tubs and a healthy motor ( a little over 500hp to the wheels). Every time we would take it to the track for test and tune guys in the pits would come over to talk with me about how i have a sweet truck, as soon as i would tell them it is my sisters they would start hitting on her. Now the truck has pastle grafix very girly and when i took it to the track once with out her i was asked if my wife knew i was racing her truck. these guys were giving me a hard time until it ran a 10.007.

jamie-upstate
06-05-2011, 10:45 AM

this sound perfict and not to femm but very classy

Konfused
06-05-2011, 08:08 PM
In response to the Miata, I have a friend who is putting an LS1 under the hood of one without too much trouble. The LS1 is the 5.7 liter GM engine that powered the fourth gen F-bodies (Camaros and Firebirds).

I thought it was pretty funny to see the number of girls here who would totally give themselves away as a genetic male as soon as they opened their mouth about cars. I love crossdressing, but I really love cars! :D

Eryn
06-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Actually I belive the La Femme was imported from France by Renault... Hence the prefix "Le", which they used on a few of their models. (Hence the LeCar)

That would be poor French, since "le" is a masculine article.

Oh and on the subject of engine transplants, I'd like to have a Porsche 914 with a Subaru WRX powerplant! 300+ HP without the weight of a smallblock.

KellyCD
06-05-2011, 09:29 PM
In response to the Miata, I have a friend who is putting an LS1 under the hood of one without too much trouble. The LS1 is the 5.7 liter GM engine that powered the fourth gen F-bodies (Camaros and Firebirds).

I thought it was pretty funny to see the number of girls here who would totally give themselves away as a genetic male as soon as they opened their mouth about cars. I love crossdressing, but I really love cars! :D

You can fit a LS1 in ANYTHING! I've seen LS1's in RX-7's, a 1982 Toyota Corolla and even a frickin motorcycle!

Konfused
06-05-2011, 09:40 PM
You can fit a LS1 in ANYTHING! I've seen LS1's in RX-7's, a 1982 Toyota Corolla and even a frickin motorcycle!

LS1 in an RX-7; sounds like a slick ride! On-topic, RX-7s are pretty girly in my opinion but an LS1 conversion would give it plenty of pep for me to drive it on the daily.

ReineD
06-05-2011, 10:03 PM

LOL. That's because if other females are like me, they can't tell the difference (unless it is extreme like a huge truck) between what is supposed to be a feminine vs. a masculine car. I bought a Honda Accord, 2 door, V6 at the end of 2005. It was a 2004 model and it had been sitting on the dealer's lot for 1 year. I got it at a great price, but when I asked the salesman why it hadn't sold, he said it was because they put a girly color on a guy's car. :eek: It's just a nice, compact car. I can't tell whether it is girly or not.

It's a champagne or sand color, for crying out loud. Cars that color are so common! My sons understood what he was talking about though, and this is what is so perplexing, at least to me.

Eryn
06-06-2011, 01:07 AM
...he said it was because they put a girly color on a guy's car. :eek: It's just a nice, compact car. I can't tell whether it is girly or not. It's a champagne or sand color, for crying out loud....

I don't know, one of my more manly friends drove a champagne Maxima. It didn't strike me as particularly girly.

I'm partial to white, but that's just because it doesn't look as dirty or heat up in the sun as much.

5150 Girl
06-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Mixing GM and Ford?!?! Sacralidge!!!! Oh well, atleast he's not putting a D-o-d-g-e motor in it!

5150 Girl
06-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I got to drive a miata with a stock 302 in it. The car was like a top, mash the gas and the car would spin in circles.
You could also small block the fiero witch were alot of fun. they hooked up better than the miata cuz the motor is over the drives.
Wanna shortcut on that Fiero? Just drop Northstar Cadialc, and it bolts right in. (don't forget to take the computer) And the Northstar's aluminum block weighs about the same as the v6 that came stock in a few of them.

5150 Girl
06-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Actually I'm just having a "butch lesbian moment"

erintemp
06-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Wanna shortcut on that Fiero? Just drop Northstar Cadialc, and it bolts right in. (don't forget to take the computer) And the Northstar's aluminum block weighs about the same as the v6 that came stock in a few of them.

there is a guy at one of my hang outs that did that, he even made his own wierring harness looks like gm has been making them for years

erintemp
06-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Mixing GM and Ford?!?! Sacralidge!!!! Oh well, atleast he's not putting a D-o-d-g-e motor in it!

Im a die hard chevy fan (and heels, skirts,dresses,pantys,bras,purses,ect.) but there is nothing wrong with mixing chevy and ford parts.

Konfused
06-07-2011, 01:30 AM

Hey, I drive a Dodge. It is not bad for a 4100 lb whale of a Charger. The 5.7 hemi is not a bad motor, and the car is pretty nice and spacious, but you cannot beat the performance of Ford's 5.0.

Jessica86
06-07-2011, 02:09 AM
you cannot beat the performance of Ford's 5.0.

The new Taurus SHO keeps up with modded 5.0s in the quarter. Check out the vid below. The Taurus is a V6 and weighs over 4500 pounds.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/livernois-tuned-2010-taurus-sho-vs-2011-mustang-gt-50_2014179.htm

I've beaten a new 5.0 from 30 roll (on closed road). Coworker has a bullet gray one with flowmasters on it. I won't give out what I drive because its rare, but I'll give you a hint. Its an SRT product and has half the cylinders of the new 5.0. For forty thousand bucks, I wasn't impressed at all. Neither was he after that. I think the Mustang in general is the ultimate femm car.