PDA

View Full Version : Married, who is and who isn't?

KatherynKarrde
06-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Hey, I'm not sure if this has been done before but I see all over the forums that some people are married and have open(by open I mean their SO knows about the CD) relationships while others are married and have closed relationships.

I was just wondering how many of us are married and with what kind of relationship, versus how many of us are single.

I myself have just come out of a 4 year relationship in which I used to dress secretly until a move in which she has found my stuff. I then told her about it but didn't dress for a few months. We broke up about a week ago and since then I have dressed any chance I can get. So I'm single and hoping that when I find someone they will understand from the start because I will be completely honest with them from day 1.

Kate Karrde

KandisTX
06-02-2011, 09:05 AM
I am actually on my fourth marriage. Wife number 1 did not know until after we had been married for a year. Wife numbers 2 and 3 knew from the beginning, both of them were accepting and supportive, but wife #2 decided she was going to "fix" me and cure me of my "problem", didn't work though. Wife #4 and I have been married for 9 years 3 months. She has know about my crossdressing since we met almost 16 years ago she has been accepting and supportive ever since we met. Our daughter who is now 15 has known about my crossdressing since she figured it out on her own at age 9 and began asking questions. We felt that if she was mature enough to ask the questions she was mature enough to receive the truth as an answer.

Jessica86
06-02-2011, 09:07 AM
From what I've seen, that is the most important thing. Be honest from day one. It's hard, but you wouldn't believe how many women do not really find it to be a bother to them. I am married, and came out to my wife about it. She tells me she had an idea I did, but I don't believe her...lol. Anyway, she is fine with it because I told her, and she didn't find it. She told me that. Bottom line, honesty is required in a relationship. When you bring it to the table, especially something of this caliber, its like giving your relationship a booster shot. It pretty much makes you immune to all the other small things and makes you stronger. You will find someone. Funny thing is, it will probably be the next girl you date. The chances are in your favor.

DonnaT
06-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Married since 08/21/75 and open to my wife about CDing, and she's been out with me a few times.

Joanagreenleaf
06-02-2011, 09:50 AM
I've always been a married CD. The people I'm attracted to and stay with seem to appreciate the honesty, the hard work at all that we do together, and the open communication everyday. I can't really think of any part of my/our CDing that we don't both agree on. Things like going out, or, staying in... Being involved in different communities, living our own lives, appreciating what we have together. CDing is "an" interest, "a" hobby, "a" passion... But, it's just one thing in our lives, and not the most important thing. I'd say, "That would be her. She'd say, "That would be him."

juno
06-02-2011, 09:53 AM
I have been married 26 years, and always honest. For me, things were easier because I didn't cross-dress when I got married, but I did lost of other girly things. So much, in fact, that my new brother-in-law sometimes called my be the female version of my name, and I would just answer nicely in a girl voice.

I think that the best approach is to always be honest, because the dishonesty is worse than anything. Crossdressing is very confusing to many people, and she will never be able to make sense of it if she cannot trust your answers. However, you also don't want to put everything out in the open all at once. Early in a relationship, show your feminine side in less obvious way, but also show that you can be masculine as well. If she likes it, get more adventurous in feminine expression. Go shopping with her and help her pick some girls clothes for herself.

There are MANY women that are attracted to a man that is honest and has a feminine side. You just have to find the ones that are not hung up on conforming to social norms. Be confident. Remember that being some form of transgender is an asset in a relationship, not a burden. You need to be comfortable with who you are in order to present it in a positive way.

joank
06-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Married for 45 years. Dress at home with SO. Don't go out with her when dressed.

Karren H
06-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Married 35 years.... Kept the secret well hidden for 31... Really wish she had never found out!! I'd have been happy going to my grave a "liar" and a pervert... Since I'm a heathen and don't believe in hell! Lol.

dawnmarrie1961
06-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Still married. But seperated.Somethings just aren't meant to be no matter how hard both indivduals in a relationship try to make it work. Like the identical polarity of two magnets the more smiliarity that exists the more irresistable the force that pushes them apart.
I still love her with all my heart and soul but we realize that we just can't be together anymore. It's not a situation that either of us planned for.
Just like there can be only one rooster in the hen house with human beings there can be, with a few exceptions,only one hen too.

Anne2345
06-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I am happily married, and have been for quite some time. I told my wife about my CDing before we married. It was definitely the right decision, and has worked out quite well. Better, in fact, than I could have possibly imagined (or more precisely, better than I allowed myself to imagine or hope for). A lot of work went into the issue, however, and I took nothing for granted.

As for telling a person from day 1, I do not really think that is necessary. I am by no means a relationship expert, but it seems to me that a vast majority of relationships do not make it past the dating stage. For those that tell another their innermost, deepest secrets from day 1, that may be reckless and risky. When a relationship becomes serious, and trust has evolved between the two partners, then that may be the appropriate time to discuss the issue. Or any real deeply personal issues or secrets, for that matter. It is a risky proposition, indeed, to devulge such information. But one that an SO should be trusted with, and should be provided, at the proper time within the development of a relationship. I simply do not see this as day 1 material. But I absolutely see it as pre-marriage material.

Stephanie Miller
06-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Been married only once, still am, and for 35 years.
Came clean with the wife about 12 years ago. She's less than tickled about it. Has her ups and downs. She's gone out with me many times. We have several couples, good friends, that we do things with. CD wise as well as plain ol' couples.
She just happens to be in one of her "downs" right now, so Stephanie really hasn't been out in a long time. I guess this falls into one of those "or for worse" times. :sad:

sissystephanie
06-02-2011, 11:36 AM
I am not married now, but am a widower!! Was married for almost 50 years to a dear lady who knew I was a crossdresser when we married!! I told that I was when I proposed to her. She accepted me "as is," and we had a lot of fun together. Of course I went out with her when I was in drab, but she also went out many times with Stephanie!! My wife was the one who really turned me into Stephanie, with her ability to fix my wig and do my makeup!!

I do not believe in lying, so not telling a wife would not work for me!! The stories that I have seen on different threads on this forum are generally about not very nice lives. So I will say the same thing I have already said many times. If you truly love your wife, tell her and let her decide what to do!! Remember, she married a MAN, not a woman!!

BillieJoEllen
06-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Married for close to 39 years. Wife accidently found out about me one month before the wedding. She decided to accept me and go ahead and marry me. Shes seen me dressed A few times but its something I haven't forced on her. She used to kid me a bit about it. Seventeen years later the fit hit the shan. She underwent some counseling for depression and determined that I too go into counseling. She insisted that I become 'cured'. I've been deep in the closet ever since. How I envy you ladies whose wives are ok with your CDing.

DebCD
06-02-2011, 12:01 PM
I am single and live alone. I dress when I am at home because I live in a secluded place. When I am out I do not dress as I do not feel passible, but I always have something sexy on underneath. I am bi and have some interesting relationships.

-Deb

JamieG
06-02-2011, 12:06 PM
My wife and I have our 10th anniversary coming up in three weeks! She's known I CD for 8 of those years, and over time has grown fairly supportive. She still prefers not to see me dress; but gives me latitude to go to TG meetings and some privacy do dress around the home. Occasionally she buys me girly clothes. I in turn try to not get lost in the pink fog, and never shirk my duties as husband and father.

the_me
06-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Happily single, and no plans to marry whatsoever. Perhaps common-law, but absolutely NO kids! That's been my policy for years, and I'm sticking with it.

Cheryl T
06-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Married to a very supportive spouse (thank God).

RADER
06-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Married to a loving Wife for 16+ years, she approves of my CDing, and I do not go out dressed
as I would never pass anyway.
Rader

RenneB
06-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Hitched up for now goin' on 15 + years. Kept Renee at bay for most of those years while we raise a couple of biological replacements. Now, I have time at home and am gettin' Renne back in the shape for goin' out in the world. Nope, SO may suspect, but after the "who's boots are these" incident, we just don't talk about it. Too many other demons going on in our world to bring up the CDing which would probable lead to the D word. That would in turn lead to me in some cheap apt and no funds to live on.... I prefer to keep the status quo for now....

Renne.....

satin n lace
06-02-2011, 12:44 PM
i have been marride for three years and she knows and very suportive of it she always telling me why are you not dressed go put something on already so ok i do but just still a little uneasy about dressing around her but im starting to dress more around her.

aka Michelle

Amanda22
06-02-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm married and totally "open" with my SO, who encourages my dressing and all other feminine aspects of my life.

Starr
06-02-2011, 01:07 PM
I isn't.... was married for 10 years but been single since 1984..

KellyCD
06-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Was married, wife knew and "accepted" and was "supportive"(she later took all that back) until our first deployment. Having to clean out the leftover parts of one of our friends from a Humvee that was hit by an EFP plus being downrange meant every single guy there was trying to screw her didn't do to well for our "marriage". Came back to Germany and I guess she missed the attention of suddenly being a 15 on a scale of 10 to men, so she started sleeping with as many men she could.

I figured that my situation was bad but after witnessing the party that the spouses had(not to mention the prostitution ring that got busted and turns out was being run by our own FRG) that went down after my unit deployed again, I realized that everybody cheats. Its normal. So i will never marry again, divorces cost too much money.

Melody Phillips
06-02-2011, 01:41 PM
I am happily married for 10 years. I just came out to my wife this year about my dressing and wanting to be more fem. She couldn't be more supportive.

Staci G
06-02-2011, 01:42 PM
4th time married first 3 knew and accepted this one is non accepting, thinks im sick for even thinking about it. I am to the point of realizing yeah after 3 failed the person with the problem might be me.

Kathryn_Cox
06-02-2011, 02:09 PM
I am married to my 3rd wife, first 2 never new about Kathryn. We have been married now 5yrs 6 mnths and I told her New Years Eve 2009 all was well except that she was upset with her self because she thought that she really new me. Says that she had some suspicions but ignored them. Now we have a wonderful time and do everything girly together, even booking holidays so that Kathryn can go as well.

VioletJourney
06-02-2011, 03:01 PM
I've never so much as been on a date.

Lorileah
06-02-2011, 03:13 PM
This thread must be broken. No threats of divorce? No "she hates me" posts? No she just would not understand posts? Almost 100% knowledge and 80 acceptance??? Why this is contrary to everything we know! Or not.

I was married 28 years with the same woman 35. Her only "rule" was "don't embarrass me in public" (heck I did that without getting dressed up). She didn't keep it a secret either, she told her co-workers and found out one of them was married to a CD too! Like Stephanie I am widowed also.

New girlfriend knows, has known and goes out with me. Accepts the fem part of me 100% thinks the guy part of me is an idiot often :)

S. Lisa Smith
06-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I am coming up on 36 years of marriage. I told my wife about 15 years ago. She was surprised, but really shouldn't have been since I crossdressed for Holloween a bunch. Anyway she is supportive, but doesn't want to see me dressed.

Shelly67
06-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Married , and loving it .
Took an awful lot of soul searching to come out to my lovely , the aftershocks were lively . However , I'm so glad I did it - we both are . Our lives richer and far more saucey since - giggle .

suchacutie
06-02-2011, 03:31 PM
In a few days we'll have been married for 38 years. We discovered Tina almost 6 years ago and the adventure to understand Tina as a part of my life has been done completely together. My wife is Tina's confident, mentor, and girl friend! I had never considered presenting as a woman before that day 6 years ago when I dressed for my wife!

Heck, you don't think I could bring myself to watch those chick flicks, do you? Somehow the two of them just have a grand time when they get together... :)

ShannonDragon
06-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Married 32 going on 33 years. She knew about my dressing 5 years before we tied the knot. She buys me stuff for Christmas and my birthday. When ever we go shopping or she looks through catalogs, she always looks to see if she sees something I would like. Then again I look out for her too!

kimdl93
06-02-2011, 04:00 PM
married.(2nd time around, 10 years) I told her before we were engaged and we've integrated my CDing into our married life.

StarrOfDelite
06-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Married three times for a total of about twenty-five years, divorced three times. Five children, four grandchildren. None of them know about my crossdressing or bisexuality, although #3 probably suspected. For the record, I never dated men or other women until the third marriage was on the rocks already for reasons unrelated.

Fuzzlette
06-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Happily married, just told wife about panties which she seems to accept. Will move onto stockings and dresses when she has had more time to accept. 1 Child with a second due late in the year

SusanMarie
06-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Married 36 years...SO accepts, supports, participates...doesn''t get any better.

Kate Lynn
06-02-2011, 06:18 PM
I've been with my second wife 8 years,my first marriage was destroyed by my job,my second wife is a real gem,I told her about me dressing funny and she told me people do much worse than what I do,and she saw nothing wrong with it.

We both have spontanious sense of humor,we try to make each other laugh,during the 8 years we have been together,we have never had a fight.

Marcia Polari
06-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I've been married with same woman for 37 years now. CDing me started 3 years ago and she doesn't know yet. I'm working it out to overcome that one of these days.
Soon or later she will know, that's for sure.

joanna4
06-02-2011, 06:22 PM
I am currently single. All my ex gf's don't know about my cd'ing. I jope to get married someday and eventually she will have to know...=/

Engendered
06-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I am currently single, but I've had a few long term relationships. All of my gfs knew from the start, and it was never an issue, and was actually encouraged. I take a very strict view when it comes to people knowing: Everyone knows, and I'll never enter into a relationship where that's not the case.
:)

Briana90802
06-02-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm getting married this time next year. I told her about crossdressing fairly early in our relationship(about 10 years ago) and didn't actually dress for her until maybe 4 years ago. Thankfully she's very open-minded about it and allows me to dress when ever I feel. I love her so much.

Barbara Dugan
06-02-2011, 06:53 PM
I never been married and probably will never be.

Carla
06-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Married and wife knows and is very supportive. She even bought me some new panties for my birthday last month. I am almost always dressed when at home. We have been to a couple of TG events togerher and met some really great people. The best plan is always to reveal your fem side early.

LACD
06-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Married over 37 years to the same woman. Boy, she has a place in Heaven. She knows about my dressing and is pretty cool with it. She even helped me pick out some shorts and new top last weekend. I came out fully to her about 5 years ago and that helped somewhat. She is so afraid I will leave her for somebody else who CD's. I guess that's why I stay far, far back in the closet.

sweetjan
06-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I am happily married to a wonderful woman. She is my soul mate and my true love.
She supports my crossdressing and helps me with so many things. We have been married 9 super great years.:hugs:

Michelle Charles
06-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I've been married 37 years, wife has known since almost the beginning. She is not supportive, but allows me to exist conditionally. I hope for better Michelle days down the road, but am content and working on being a great husband till then.
Michelle

rachael ann
06-02-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm still single. Just have'nt found the right woman yet, i guess.

Farrah Rose
06-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Ive been happily married to the love of my life for alittle over a year, but have been together since highschool for about 7 years.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
06-02-2011, 08:14 PM
I have been happily single for a long time and contented with my single life.

erintemp
06-02-2011, 08:17 PM
married for 14 years and we have been seperated for 9 of them. She started out ok with me cding (she knew befor we were married) and then was using it to her advantage to the point of forcing me out of the house. We started to go through with a divorce and she keeped continuing the court dates, now she will only go through if she can let the cat out of the bag and I'm not ready for that.

jillcutie
06-02-2011, 08:37 PM
I have been married for two years now, I came out when we were dating. She has been supportive for the most part.

prettytoes
06-02-2011, 08:38 PM
As of yesterday, married for 27 years to the love of my life! She discovered my CD'ing about 2 months ago, and is a little uncomfortable yet, but seems OK with it. She washes all my femme clothing, and doesn't mind panties (mostly satin, and cotton bikini's when it's really hot) and women's nightwear, and painted toenails are OK. She is getting more at ease as time goes on. I'm trying not to push her too much. She is my best friend, my lover, my wife!

Andrea Renea
06-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Married for 30 years. Wife has known I CD for 15 years

JenniferS
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
been married 20 + years to my best friend who accepts me as I am. Though she supports me and will buy or give me things, she does not enjoy taking an active role anymore. At times when we are alone I can dress and spend time together.

Eryn
06-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Married for 21 years and my wife knows and accepts.

I wish I could have told her from day 1, but back then I couldn't even articulate my feelings to myself.

Coreyincs
06-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Im married and I came out recently to wife. She has been really supportive of Corey. We talk about everyth
ing together and are closer than ever! We will be married 7 years this year.

t-girlxsophie
06-03-2011, 12:20 AM
F****D up my first marriage with Lie's and deceit.This time I vowed it would be different,My Lovely Wife knew from the very start of our relationship,and she is 100% supportive and very understanding,we have so much fun sharing many aspects of Sophie's life and,we both trust and respect each other too I love her dearly,coming up for 4th Anniversary in Nov

Sophie

CaitlynRenee
06-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Married going on 33 years. She knows as does our 19 year old daughter. SOs known from the beginning and buys me some really lovely lingerie.

My daughter paints my toenails

Life IS good!

Michelle Crossfire
06-03-2011, 12:33 AM
On my 2nd marriage. First one was an absolute disaster, should have never happened. I ignored alot of red flags, now we are divorced and still fighting over the one child (been divorced for nearly 6 years already). 2nd marriage is much better, at least ten fold, have been married nearly 3 years already and known each other for 6. Supportive and loving wife, who sometimes buys me clothes and other "necessities". Loves to have a shopping partner. Never gone out in public en femme. She sometimes asks me to dress and be ready when she comes home from work. My work schedule permits me to dress for days at a time sometimes.

Rachel Mari
06-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Married 22 years in August. This is my second marriage. First marriage ended after 10 years but she never knew about CDing as it ended for other reasons.

jennCD
06-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Married just over 13 years now and told her about my existence somewhere on the trans-spectrum around 4 years ago. She wasn't thrilled with the idea initially and focused mostly on the negative but since I have not been active at all for the last 3 years, there's really nothing other than the passing comment when the topic comes up.... It's simply not something that she has to deal with now, only me.

Tina B.
06-03-2011, 02:00 AM
2 nd marriage, first one was a mistake of youth, neither one of us where ready to be married, lasted a few years. Second marriage almost 40 years, told all after the first five. She has been by biggest supporter every since. She found it easier to accept me, than I did. Since then I dress when ever I want, which is a lot of the time. I have a large wardrobe, she has bought most of it for me, some as gifts, some just as part of our shopping together, and her seeing something that she thinks I should have. We don't have a sexual relation, when I am dressed, she is not into girl on girl sex, and we don't play dress up together or things like that, we just get on with everyday life, it's just that I do it best in a skirt. It's is a great relationship, I have a great lover as a man, and a wonderful best friend as a woman, life is good.
Tina B.

eluuzion
06-03-2011, 03:02 AM
I have been single for 15 years now and I live alone. I have been married more than once. I was not a CD during any previous marriage. Just my last one. I did not CD at all until we were in middle of our divorce, so it was not an issue. It has never been part of any of my relationships.
:love:

BOBBI G.
06-03-2011, 04:20 AM
Used to be. 38 years was enough. Could not accept any part of my life choice, so we ssaid goodbye.
Don't think I'll go that road again.

Bobbi

noeleena
06-03-2011, 04:53 AM
Hi,

Married 35 out of 37 years had our marriage annuld 3 years ago. Jos is liveing in a c.c flat for just on 5 months , i still take her out shoping seeing some of our grand kids ( 3 off till in less than 3 weeks we'll have 9 grand kids .) & daughter. & we all have sundays to gether. & im quite happy by my self as im a woman any way Jos does not need another in the same house / home. we are & allways will be friends.

...noeleena...

Raychel
06-03-2011, 06:03 AM
I have been married for 18 years, My wife has know about Raychel for 7 years. It was rough in the begining, but now life goes on quite well.

Barbara B
06-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Married 26yrs, been together 34yrs. Told her about this part of my life about 12yrs ago and she's been part of it ever since.

Teri Ray
06-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Married for 38 years. Wife knows I dress but chooses not to see me as Teri. She learned I was a crossdresser when she found pictures of me dressed in the computer. Life is much better now that she knows I dress and I know she still loves me. I choose not to push for her accepting more that she is willing.

LoriSue
06-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Ex-wife found out about it and although she tried (sorta) we never could get on the same page. That combined with a few other things led to a split. I told my current wife about me 3 days after we met (9+ years ago), and she has been totally supportive and even picks out my clothes. I know I'm one of the lucky ones, but at my age, it also goes to show that you should never give up hope

Dian077
06-03-2011, 07:59 AM
I am single/divorced. I have been married twice. My first wife knew about some of my clothing choices, as much as I really new at the time. My second wife new also, she new about my desire to dress more and more. She was really good with certain things and was getting use to others, as myself. The dressing was not an issue in either divorce. I am still good friends with both, and both still continue to support me.
So....married twice, now single for the past 7 years and honestly, kinda like the single life :)

Jessica S
06-03-2011, 08:43 AM
I been married for 15yrs to a great wife. Been together for 20yrs She knows and accepts my crossdressing. She knew about it before we were married.

Wendy_Marie
06-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Count me in the married column...going on 27 years and my wife has known of my CD status for 26 years and 4 months of this marriage....It has only been during the last few months that I began therapy and was diagnosed with GID that we have had any issues regarding my gender state.

Sophie86
06-03-2011, 10:15 AM
23.5 yrs with my first and only wife. :)

Stephanie47
06-03-2011, 11:37 AM
We've been married almost forty years. We are in a DADT relationship. She does not approve of my cross dressing. She told me of her pre marriage sexual escapades. I thought I knew what I was getting into. At the time we married I was not a practicing cross dresser and even did not know what a cross dresser really was. She wishes she had NOT told me of her pre marriage escapades because it would have been real easy for her to play the 'poor unsuspecting wife,' who unknowingly married 'that pervert.' I think her pre marriage sexual escapades are the primary issue for her non acceptance. Although I have loved her for forty years, I really wish sometimes I did not meet her. Then again until you are in a totally committed relationship for a number of years, marriage is like buying a pig in a poke.

WendyH
06-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Married for the first time almost four years ago. My wife is very accepting and participatory--she has bought me clothes, shared her clothes with me (and vice-versa), and has gone out in public with me many, many times.

Debb
06-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Married, 27 years this past January. Wife knows, has gone the gamut from full acceptance to ... not so much.

theresa
06-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Married to a totally supportive and wonderfull woman.

Stephanie Michelle
06-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Was married for 20 years. Wife knew before we were married. Was accepting. After 3 kids was tough to find time. She got upset when I needed some time for Stephanie and she wanted to do something else. Most of the time was late at night or if I was home while the kids were in school. Now that I am single I dress when ever I want.

I told new girlfriend. Kinda freaked and hasn't said much since. She has make a couple snide remarks about why I know so much about makeup, clothes, etc. I just shrug my shoulders and say I read alot.

Anna B
06-03-2011, 04:03 PM
She has make a couple snide remarks about why I know so much about makeup, clothes, etc. I just shrug my shoulders and say I read alot.

Great my friend, a good riposte.

Anna x

sometimes_miss
06-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Married, who is and who isn't
Used to be, the crossdressing thing killed it. No prospects at this time, but I know as I get older, there are less and less men for each woman, so the odds will get better. Still don't know if I'll get married again, because there is no benefit to it other than if you're having kids, and at my age, that isn't likely.

Mistybtm
06-04-2011, 12:24 AM
I Used to be 11 years ago, crossdressing had nothing to do with the devorce. And i so love my freedome.

PretzelGirl
06-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Married for 21 years and she has been around and aware of every year of my crossdressing. She is fully accepting and goes out with me regularly and to various meetings. She is a gem!

Georgia Rose
06-04-2011, 06:18 AM
Married for nearlyn 40 years. It is interesting that a lot of those who have replied to this thread have been married for a long time. Only started CDing about 3 years ago when my life had to spend a lot of time away from home. Told her within a few weeks of her returning. She wanted information on what it meant so put her onto some sites. Once she understood it did mean that i was suddenly gay and that I still oved her, she was accepting. However I respect her boundaries and she respects mine. I know how far I can go nd we both make it work.

kristinacd55
06-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Married for 30 years, shacked up for 6 = 36 years total. She found out 5 years ago....been ups and downs since then. I've been venturing out to support groups/a few get togethers with tg friends. Wife may be coming along one of these days.

Anneliese
06-04-2011, 06:51 AM
I was married for five years. Divorced in 1986. She cheated on me many times. I wasn't CDing in those days, but considering she split pretty much with the clothes on her back, I was left with most of her clothes, some of which I tried on shortly after t he divorce. Didn't get really into CDing until around 2002 during a period of intense work stress. Got into it again seriously after my best friend died and work again became highly stressful. I've had six serious relationships since the divorce, none of which came close to marriage (at least on my part...several of the women wanted to marry me), and, at this point, I have decided I prefer being single, so unless the perfect person just falls into my lap, so to speak (I ain't looking), I believe I will stay single the rest of my life. Nobody knows about my CDing, although it wouldn't surprise me if some suspected, as my body is pretty feminine-looking and I often wear women's jeans and shirts with pink and/or purple as part of the coloring.

DAVIDA
06-04-2011, 06:55 AM
I told Jean the day I asked her to marry me.
It was the hardest thing that I have ever done.:straightface:
That was 21 years ago.:thumbsup:
I am sitting in our hotel room in the French Quarters in New Orleans dressed.:D
Jean is still in bed.:heehee:

Oh yeah, I have nerver been unfaithful and will never.
So the statement about everyone cheats is definately incorrect!

Sarasometimes
06-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Yes, I am married for second time. CDing wasn't the cuase for the first not working out. Actually in hindsight (always 20/20) we may have stayed together if I knew I was that back then, but alas denial had a firm grip on me. but then again I wouldn't have two great kids an a great second wife!!

Carroll
06-04-2011, 08:34 AM
On my third marriage. married for 12+ years and she knows and supports Carroll

Billie Jean
06-04-2011, 10:29 AM
I was married for 18 wonderful years. I've been divorced for 10 great years and enjoying it. Sometimes I wish there was somebody but more often not. Billie Jean

mscatie85
06-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I just recently took the plunge and asked my girlfriend to marry me (she of course said yes). This is a very exciting and happy moment for me because just about a year ago we almost broke up over the topic of my dressing (she found my things causing a fight). Since then we have worked through the mess and have come to an understanding where I can dress anytime I want. So lucky to have her as my fiance.

thuvia
06-04-2011, 12:58 PM
happily married even before the dressing and now fantastically married. it was a slow process to get to this level and now that its here its even harder to stay patient but shes worth it. ( my wife and thuvia)

Samantha43
06-04-2011, 02:19 PM
I have been married for 23 years to a wonderful, supportive woman. It seems as the years go by, she likes "Sami" better than "Sam"! I'm not complaining!

Tasha McIntyre
06-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Happily married with children :)

Fessed up to the wife a couple of years after marriage, but absolutely should have done this before the big day. Her views on my CDing have varied in the past but have been stable for some time now. Accepting without being encouraging and certainly not participative. She is a member here (reads but doesn't post much) and that has helped both of us greatly.

Luckily, I don't have to hide clothes, make up or wigs and can dress freely around the house when there's just the two of us. Venturing out enfemme to the shopping mall is fine too, but she doesn't want to tag along.

The wife only really has 1 rule.......don't embarrass me! More than reasonable as far as I'm concerned :)

Tash

Kaz
06-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Currently still married to the one with three girls and a grand-daughter... not at all interested in all the honesty/lying crap... to be honest it gets in the way of real relationships. We will probably split later this year, but not because of CDing, just a mutual desire to have a change of life! We will be life partners forever though... and our family has always been the core of our world. Some things are more important than personal preference.

Fab Karen
06-04-2011, 06:29 PM
"I was just wondering how many of us are married and with what kind of relationship, versus how many of us are single. "
Free & single :)

joannemarie barker
06-04-2011, 06:36 PM
happily single :) waiting for the right guy or girl to come along :)

Anneliese
06-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Let's be honest here, ok? 95% of the women out there would be horrified and turned off by a boyfriend/SO who cross-dresses. That doesn't mean that the 95% aren't dead wrong, but some of us want to know. How do you find someone who's accepting? To those who are out to their SOs...how many did you date and tell who were freaked out at first? I just can't believe the percentages we see here. It's as though HERE 95% of the women out there are accepting, which I just can't buy. My last girlfriend might have been, because I started dating her knowing she had a lesbian lover (who was completely bonkers, by the way). I would love to think most women are loving, caring, and accepting, but it's not possible.

Alice Torn
06-04-2011, 06:41 PM
57 and always single. Wanted to be married for decades, but nothing but heartbreak. My cats are my roomates .

Maiko Newhalf
06-04-2011, 06:59 PM
married for 3 year and came out to my wife a week ago. so far so good :)

kymmieLorain
06-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Karren, OK you are a liar and a prevert. Happy now.

Me happily married going on 26 in Oct. Known my wife since We where in first grade.

Kymmie

ZosKiaCultusC7
06-05-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm not married and have been single for too long. I really need to get out more....

Tara D. Rose
06-05-2011, 12:54 AM
I am in my third marriage. My first two wives knew nothing of my crossdressing. I've been married to my third wife for just a little over tow years. I told her that I used to dress many years ago, back in 1997 but had successfully purged and wasn't doing it not thinking of itwhen i met her. But one day after just over a year of marrige, I told her. Well she was intrigued and encouraged me to dress for her and so now here I am again. I never will stop again.She is fully supportive now, once she realised that we're not freaks from what she understood us to be. She even went with me to the Soutern Comfort Confernce where she learned so much about us. And so now she and I are like two girlsfriends sometimes. I was wide open for a while, but now have curbed it for her sake. She is a wonderful woman. Many nights I dress and we dance about half the night away.And she takes all of my pictures for me too.

Pythos
06-05-2011, 09:37 AM
I am also not married.

I have also seen only one "successful" marriage. All the others have exploded in some way or another, one of the key factors being a lack of communication.

I am happy for those here that have wives that like or even love this side of you. Ones that don't feel the need to put up limitations, and actually like to go out with you while you are dressed how you wish. I so hope that one day I will meet a woman of a similar mind set. One that realizes how stupid gender specific clothing and styles are.

DAVIDA
06-05-2011, 09:47 AM
I am also not married.
I so hope that one day I will meet a woman of a similar mind set. One that realizes how stupid gender specific clothing and styles are.

Hi Pythos!:)
I really think that when you quit looking, you will find the one you were looking for to begin with.:thumbsup:
I hope that you will find what you want.:hugs:

Audrey34
06-05-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm single and never been married.
-Audrey

cosmolovesph
06-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Married to a great supportive wife, I dress more on my own but occasionally we will go out together with me dressed.

TGMarla
06-05-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm married going on 17 years now.

TxKimberly
06-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Well, my wife is married anyway! Ok, Ok, so I went after the low hanging fruit and the easy laugh there.

Yes, I've been married now for over 23 years and STILL dont know why my wife puts up with me. Over all, I like being married but would have to admit that since I got married so young, I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be single.

My wife tolerates my being TG because she knows it is a huge part of what makes me happy and complete, but she doesn't like it and has let me know several times recently that she resents the friends that she feels it has cost her. sigh . . .

cindybabe
06-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Married now for 13 years, told my wife in the first year and for a while i was only allowed to wear skirts and panties, She seems fine with me to be fully dressed when we are alone in doors, but isn't comfortable with me going outside dressed up

Longing2be-Trisha
06-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I am married 10 years and just came out to her two months ago. She does not like to much I am tg, but is trying to understand. Love her so much!

Heather Daniels
06-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm amazed that in 5 pages of responses, there's only a handful of very negative acceptance issues with the wives. Maybe we ( those of us in the closet ) don't give our wives enough credit.
I've been married for 20 yrs. We have both enjoyed some bedroom fun with me in lingerie and she used to buy me lingerie. I actually had to tell her that I had enough. Actually I think it was because I started feeling a bit embarrassed by it. I don't think I've completely accepted this part of me yet. Lately, I've been seriously thinking about telling her. I don't think she would run for the hills by my revelation, but it's a very difficult subject to broach, as you all know.
So, I guess my answer to this question is.....she knows a bit and is very comfortable with it. As far as her knowing everything about my dressing......I really don't know what to expect.

Meg East
06-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Married for almost forty years to the same great woman. She has known about my CD for the last fifteen years. Me coming out probably saved our marriage. She is supportive and jokes I have better lingerie than she does.

Kerigirl2009
06-06-2011, 10:12 AM
I am on my First and ONLY marriage, coming up on 17 years this August. We have 4 wonderful children together. I should have told her before we where married but I was at the time thinking I could get this out of my system and she would never have to know about Keri. Well as we know, it does not go away, So I told her on July 2nd, 2009. She still does not like her and actually has not met her in person as of yet.
We do talk about it on occassion, Not sure what our future holds. I want her to be happy and in a loving relationship. I think this bothers her alot more than I thought it would.
I hope to have about 50 more years together with her as husband and wife, but it is up to her and her happiness. Either way I know we will always be close friends.

Anneliese
06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
AGAIN I ask, (so far with no response) among those who are now happily married or in a relationship...how many freaked out before you found the one who accepted you. It is simply NOT POSSIBLE everyone's first and only accepted them 100%. Not.possible!

(most of the women I've known have been bat-shit crazy, and accepting of nothing except for their small world beliefs)

BRANDYJ
06-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Not married no, but I do have a SO that means the world to me. She has known since meeting me on-line over 4 years ago at another site for those of us into other alternate lifestyles. My profile there had pictures of me in both male and female mode. So there were no secrets from day one. She embraces hat side of me as much as my male side. But my ex-wife also was very accepting and had no problems with my dressing. That marriage lasted 18 years. I told her shortly after we married..within the first few months. She took it as "so what, no big deal and no problem" Before her, I was married to the very first person I ever told that I was a CD. She die after only 10 short years together. She had the typical reaction expected from most women. Once she understood I was not gay or wanting to become a woman, she slowly came around to enjoy that side of me. Up until I told her, I did not fully understand who I was. I still thought I was alone. No INTERNET or readily available resources to learn about cross dressing back then (1973). My first wife of 5 years never knew. I married young (17) and like many, thought this would go away once married. So I really do not know what it's like to have to hide this from a loved one. I have been very fortunate.

S. Lisa Smith
06-06-2011, 09:43 PM
OK, maybe I didn't understand the question. My one and only, my first one and only was not freaked out when I told her. Surprised, yes, freaked out, no...We had been married for about 19 years and knew each other pretty well (although she didn't have a clue that I crossdressed). She is, 17 years later, much more accepting than she was. She still doesn't want to meet Lisa, but she has been very helpful to her over the years, buying clothes, loaning her the stealth car, giving her time to "get out" etc.

TxKimberly
06-06-2011, 09:48 PM
AGAIN I ask, (so far with no response) among those who are now happily married or in a relationship...how many freaked out before you found the one who accepted you. It is simply NOT POSSIBLE everyone's first and only accepted them 100%. Not.possible!

(most of the women I've known have been bat-shit crazy, and accepting of nothing except for their small world beliefs)

Hmmm . . . OK I just noticed your sort of demanding question. . . LOL
My wife of 23 years is not only my first wife, but my first lover. Oddly enough I feel both satisfaction AND embarrassment at that, but we'll leave that for another thread and time.
As I told my wife, with my legs shaking under the table and my teeth chattering, she looked at me and made a statement or two and had a question or two.
- Are yo gay?
- Do you want to "be" a woman?
- Do you want an operation?
When I assured her that I was perfectly happy with the idea of being her husband she told me that she was fine with it AS LONG AS I never changed my body or had an operation.
Today my wife accepts what I am, and has a good understanding of the fact that this is what it takes to make me happy. She does NOT like it, and in her perfect world it would go away, but she DOES love me and will accept this part of me.

Marcia Blue
06-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Married my high school sweetheart, she knew and seemed OK with it. Later she decided I was a pervert. The marriage lasted for 5 years. They were 5 very long years.

My second wife, the true love of my life, has been with me for over 25 years. I mentioned my dressing before we married, but told her it was a thing of the past, and I thought so myself. I came out to her almost 2 years ago. She has had a struggle with my dressing at times. She is supportive most of the time. She does not wish to see me dressed, although she has. She buys things for Marcia and shops with me in drab at times. I feel very lucky in her limited acceptance.

ginafaye
06-07-2011, 02:29 AM
love my wife , ginafaye just grew from both of us....she truly helped me find my girly side...

erickka
06-07-2011, 05:31 AM
Married to the same gal since 6/3/84. She knows, can't understand, and doesn't tolerate.

Anneliese
06-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks for some answers to my question. I guess I've never found the right person, because I can't imagine saying anything during the dating process. I think if you really think you have found your soul-mate, you'll find out soon enough if that was reality or illusion when you tell her. Obviously it has to be True Love and not lust or coupling due to loneliness or because that's what you're supposed to do. In my experience, I have never felt True Love. I have felt "maybe this is it" a few times, but it is in those circumstances where telling could blow the top off a possible serious relationship, and not in a good way. Perhaps it should be the topic of a different thread, but I can't believe those who didn't marry their high-school sweetheart or first love, etc., haven't experienced bad reactions when coming forth with the cross-dressing truth.

Again...I am happily single with no intention of changing that status at this point, but if I ever again feel "this might be the one", I'm not sure how I'd handle the whole coming out moment. (or not)

MsKimiko
06-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Not married but have a very long term GF. (6 years)

JuliaKay
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Married for 52 years. Wife knows and is not supportive altho she "tolerates" my wearing panties 24/7 and sleeping in nightgowns. She's also aware that I dress when she will be away for several hours and is not willing to have a reasonable discussion.

xd-tigger
06-08-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm a married CD'er with a very accepting wife. She buys me most of my things.

Patty
06-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Was married for 16 years, Single for long time 25 plus years.

Stephanie-L
06-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Married for 20+ years, together for almost 22. She is not at all accepting, even though she knew about my CDing early in the relationship. She assumed that I had quit, then about 8 years ago found some of my "stash", and exploded. Freak was the nicest thing she screamed at me. I did go to some counselling and the therapist told me the only way I would be happy was to get a divorce. I am still married, because I still love her more than myself, but I am still unhappy in a lot of ways. I will probably get a divorce someday, just a matter of time I suspect.........Stephanie

Pinky188
06-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Im not marriedbut I might as well be! Im with the one person that I was put on this planet to be with! My BEST friend! My soul mate! Its been four years this time around! You see, I dated her in high school. She was the love of my life then and is still! We just had some growing up to do. After high school we split up and moved on to have families of our own. I got married and had two boys, she got married and had two boys. Years went by but I always thought about her. And then came Myspace!!! We reconnected and the rest is history!!! She loves my for who I am and I love her for being who she is!!! She is a miracle! An Angel!

jaqueline1
06-08-2011, 08:17 PM
not married and just lost my gf of 4 years to someone else.

ziggie
06-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Married 31 years at the end of May. SHe has known of my preference for female undergarments for a long time but I only recently came out regarding skirts, tops and the like. She is quite accepting, but not particularly interested in sharing the experience.