PDA

View Full Version : Emotional experience with my wife

juno
06-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Yesterday, my wife and I were packing for a trip. She got very frustrated at not being able to find appropriate men's clothes in my closet. I have lost a lot of weight, and have not been motivated to buy men's clothes except for work.

She said "What is wrong with being a boy?" After talking for a few minute, I was crying. She said "Happiness comes from inside. You can choose to be happy." (She worked as a counselor.) I answered "I choose to be happy by being a girl.", and by the end of the sentence, my tears had become a smile. It was intense to switch emotions so fast. I'll remember that phrase the next time I feel down.

Fortunately, my wife is awesome. She said "OK, then we need to divide your closet to keep all of the men's clothes in one place."

boardpuppy
06-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Your SO is awesome. Wish you lots of luck and hope things work out the way you want.
Alice

Jessica86
06-02-2011, 10:30 AM
She's right!!! We choose to be happy. There are ways to correct any situation.

kimdl93
06-02-2011, 04:02 PM
You do have a great wife.

Persephone
06-02-2011, 07:21 PM
That is so great! Be sure to give your wife an extra hug!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Daphne Renee
06-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Thats great that she is so understanding and supportive. Maybe you two could go shopping together. Either way you should try to do something nice for her to show your appreciation.

Mary Morgan
06-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Juno, it sounds like you and your wife have a great relationship and good communication. That takes the effort of both and the rewards are high. I do have a bit of a problem with the idea that we choose to be happy. Certainly there are times, but there are times when events or other people make it impossible to be happy. The question is how to manage these times so that you come out the other side.

Samantha_Smile
06-03-2011, 04:59 AM
Chin up.
Its never easy with stuff like that. Youre wife sounds like a good lady though... look after her!

noeleena
06-03-2011, 05:06 AM
Hi Juno.

Thats so nice , & yes happyness is from inside & its not external as in what we wear. tho can help us accept our selfs as in our expresson of who we are. & that must come from inside as well.

...noeleena.

Tina B.
06-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Been there, my wife solved the problem of me never having anything to wear in guy mode, she sees a need and she fills it. I always have something to wear and she always like what I pick to wear because she picked it out. It also works good for me, because we don't have that talk any more, and in guy mode I just don't Care much about what is is as long as it's clean and appropriate for the outing. Now the Other side of my wardrobe, I care a lot, so I buy, or help pick out at least, most of it. As far as happiness, it is true, you can choose to be happy as things are, or a wife can choose to happy married to a a CD, choice does go both ways!
Tina B.