PDA

View Full Version : For cds only please , Are you as happy in guy mode as girl mode ?

Presh GG
06-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi all,

I had to exclude our TS members on this one for obvious reasons.

I know dressing may be special as [I presume ] you don't get to dress as often as jeans and shirt.

But my real question is [ THAT ASIDE, PLEASE ]
Are you as happy in guy mode as in girl mode.

Do you think you treat people around you... the same , better or worse when dressed ?
Why and how ??

That's two questions I know :) No it's three !

Thank you !
Sincerely,
Presh GG :)

Karren H
06-02-2011, 01:30 PM
My happiness is independent of the clothes I wear... I'm always happy.... I'm just prettier when enfemme...

Melody Phillips
06-02-2011, 01:42 PM
I am much happier in girl mode. I hate guy clothes

2B Natasha
06-02-2011, 01:49 PM
I try to treat people the same regardless of the clothes I have on. I try to treat them with kindness and respect. As to why? I am a happy person in general. I try to let things roll off me. Besides. What goods out of treating people poorly? If your happiness is the inverse of another's misery. You and I will never be friends.

KellyCD
06-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Hmm well it depends on my mood I guess. Sometimes I don't feel like dressing so I don't, and I'm perfectly happy as a guy. But when I AM in the mood to dress its no contest, much much happier when dressed.

Staci G
06-02-2011, 01:55 PM
OH NO I wont even be so bold as to lie about this one and it is noticed by all who know Staci, I am sooooo much happier as a girl than ever as a boy. I love being Staci and I know I am much easier to get along with too. I have a very good GG friend she says Bill comes into a room and is noticed, Staci comes into a room and the room and all in it is consumed by her.

AllieSF
06-02-2011, 01:59 PM
I am happy in both modes. However, I do think that I have more extra happy moments when out dressed as Allie. I always treat everyone good. I believe in the "pay it forward" concept of doing something nice when I can and not expect immediate returns right away.

Jean Marie
06-02-2011, 02:06 PM
not even a contest, I hate pretending to be a guy, the real me is a woman.

sissystephanie
06-02-2011, 02:12 PM
I am like Karren Hutton, always happy. But unlike Karren, I am definitely not prettier when dressed enfemme. Used to be when my dear wife was alive and did my makeup and wig but not any longer!!

DonnaT
06-02-2011, 02:28 PM
My level of happiness doesn't change with how I'm dressed, and I'm usually quite happy.

VioletJourney
06-02-2011, 03:00 PM
If I could be happy just by dressing then life would be so much easier.

JaytoJillian
06-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Hmmm, just depends on what I'm doing

S. Lisa Smith
06-02-2011, 03:24 PM
My happiness is independent of the clothes I wear... I'm always happy.... I'm just prettier when enfemme...

This is exactly how I feel!

Vanessa Storrs
06-02-2011, 03:26 PM
I am usually happy no matter how I'm dressed. My dressing is usually related to some special occasion like travelling or going to a club, in drab I do drab things like mowing the grass. I am happier in girl mode because I'm doing happier things. If I wore my miniskirt when changing the oil in the car I doubt I would be any happier.

suchacutie
06-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I agree with Karren! Being happy is a state of mind that should be the case as much as possible. I enjoy life in both genders as much as I can!

Stephanie Miller
06-02-2011, 03:44 PM
In guy mode I put on a happy face.... but it's a front. In girl mode I'm much happier..... but I know I'm not really a female so there's always that vacancy that never lets the package be complete.

Tara D. Rose
06-02-2011, 03:44 PM
wow, this one is very complicated to a degree. In guy mode I treat everyone I meet with respect, and I'm very shy around most people. But when I'm Tara, I light up, love to dance and laugh and continue to treat others with so much respect. I have found that I get my feelings hurt so much more easlily as Tara. So many of my reactions are so different when I become Tara. Beween guy and girl mode I'm like the Sahara Desert in one mode and a wet huricane in the woman mode. So many times I can't even remember what I do or did as Tara a few days later when I'm back to being the guy thing. But regardless I treat all with respect in both modes. And as far as being happier in guy mode opposed to girl mode, oh no, I'm so much happier as Tara.

Roxanne_Alternate
06-02-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm just as happy in guy mode as I am girl mode. I feel there's no difference between me guy and girl mode besides my appearance- I basically do/like the same things and act the same regardless of what mode I'm in.

carhill2mn
06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
I am a happier and nicer person when en femme.

KINGFISHER
06-02-2011, 04:38 PM
I used to be just as happy and comfortable in both modes but simce I started going out dressed I am Happier as Daniel but still always very happy with my life.I always treat people the same and I aim to try and make life better for other people if Can by treating them as I wish to be treated and trying to be as helpful as I can. Daniel

Michelle James
06-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I guess I'm just a mess. I am comfortable with myself dressed as the woman I should have been. I am dressed nearly 24/7. I say nearly because all too frequently of late things require me to jump back to my male side. (Explanation is best left for another post). When I have to cross dress as a male lately it just pisses me off and I am not a nice person to be around. I guess the short answer would have been:

No I am not as happy in guy mode.

I treat people much better in girl mode. I tend to smile a lot and treat them as I wish to be treated. In guy mode I can be a real p%&$k.

Presh GG
06-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi and thank you for takeing the time to think about this.

I must admit , when I asked , from looking at other threads , I was expecting alot more answers like
Tara , carhill2mn and Michelle James.

You see ,other than threads , I know quite a few really nice gals , but I only know them in gal mode so it's a real curiousity if they are as happy and nice when it's back to guy mode.

I'd love to hear from more of you , married and single as well.

Thanks again,
sincerely,
Presh GG

Kate Simmons
06-02-2011, 05:51 PM
It was a rough roller coaster ride for years Hon but now I'm happy being myself regardless of appearance. It's really nice when one can express their true feelings that way.:)

Kathi Lake
06-02-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm not the type of person that 'depends on' being dressed for my happiness. I can be - and often am - about as happy in guy or in girl mode. However, it's almost like the 'quality' of happiness is a bit different. For instance, I visit my friends at the local Ulta store near my job at least once a week - mostly in guy mode as, well, that's normally how I'm dressed at work. :) We visit, look at new makeup, visit some more, they occasionally try something new on me, we visit some more, chat with customers, I scrub the makeup off and head back to work. It's fun.

Now, let's say I dress up. I still go to Ulta and visit, but it's, . . . different. People seem more engaged. Sure, some of it is due to the novelty of me dressed as a woman. Still, the chatting seems a bit more unguarded. The compliments and laughter flow more easily. They often say that I just have more fun as a woman, it seems.

Do I treat people differently when dressed? Well, I do smile more and try to appear more outgoing and 'normal' so they have a good impression. I don't necessarily treat them or see them differently, if that's what you were asking.

Kathi

JenniferS
06-02-2011, 06:02 PM
I have a Great Guy life and my life is full of great family,friends and experiences, but yes I am happier as JenniferS

Debglam
06-02-2011, 06:04 PM

:yt:

I would add that I am MUCH happier knowing that I can express this side of me whether I am actually doing it or not. I do get tense if it looks like I am not going to be able to dress for a period of time. :sad:

joanna4
06-02-2011, 06:20 PM
About the same...I just happen to admire the way I look and what I'm wearing a lot more.

Amy Lynn3
06-02-2011, 06:32 PM
About the same...I just happen to admire the way I look and what I'm wearing a lot more.

I'll add that I love to dress and look really good in guy mode and put as much if not more attention to it as I do the female side.

Fab Karen
06-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Emotionally a fraction less than girl-mode, but still happy in the generic sense.
Treat people the same, because I am ONE PERSON.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
06-02-2011, 08:17 PM
I am happy all the time too its just that everyone sees the smile upside down every now and then.

Pythos
06-02-2011, 08:35 PM
completely dependent on what I am doing, and who I am with. If I can wear styles I like and do what I like I am very very happy. Flying while skirted and in androg mode, and with an SO, would be the epitome of happy for me. LOL.

jillcutie
06-02-2011, 08:40 PM
my wife tells me i'm always so much happier when i'm dressed, I agree with her.

Paula T
06-02-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm gererally a happy person as I am old enough to count my blessings. So I would have to say either one.

carriebangs
06-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I love dressing up. It makes me feel good about myself. So I would say as a girl mode

Chickhe
06-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Did you ever go on vacation? A real vacation where you could forget all your worries and explore something new and just be free. That's how I feel when I CD. Less so as time goes on, some of the novelty is wearing off, but on the otherhand I'm less concerned about many of the fears we think up to avoid doing it. It is not as simple as being happy or not, but with experience going out sometimes I feel more balanced.

Coreyincs
06-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Im the same wheather in boy mode or not. My happyness is not dependent on my dressing.

docrobbysherry
06-03-2011, 12:31 AM
"Happiness" is NOT the correct word for it for me, Presh! It's more like when I'm Sherry, it's like the excelerating first drop on a huge rollercoaster! Getting dressed is like the long gradual climb before the drop!

In drab, I'm simply back with both feet planted on the ground!

t-girlxsophie
06-03-2011, 12:35 AM
I would say Im happy in both modes.maybe it's because my Wife is supportive and loves my Femme side I feel this way,Im sure it would be different if she didn't approve and I never dressed much.

One thing I would say is I am much more approachable and friendly when Dressed most of my friends are GG or TG,I do love my femme wardrobe so much more than my man gear though thats one part where I'm happier en femme:)

Sophie

Michelle Crossfire
06-03-2011, 12:39 AM
This is a tough one. I dress to be different, someone i am not. Also dress to relieve stress, and sometimes it is fun. I guess because of that, dressing makes me somewhat happier. it helps to having supporting wife who enjoys it also. I am not the best person when it comes to social skills, so my life as a guy sometimes is more difficult than it should be. I have not gone out enfemme, so i have nothing to compare it to when it comes to treating people any differently.

urmilaaa2008
06-03-2011, 12:59 AM
honestly i should say i am happy in both boy mode and girl mode
since except my wife no other person knows about my girlie part, the second question does not applies to me,
yes my wife treats definitely different in my girl mode, she taking over the role of the boss of the house

Jessica86
06-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Interesting question. Well, I can't say I'm happier being one mode over the other, but I can say there are things in both modes that make me happy.

Vickie_CDTV
06-03-2011, 03:09 AM
It depends on how one qualifies "happy". As someone who has dysthemic disorder my entire life, I am seldom ever happy, and it is hard to say I have ever been truly happy a day in my life. I am a rather somber person, en femme or en drab. I am more outgoing en femme, and people say I am more pleasant to be around when I am dressed, but I never really shed the cloud of depression inside. However, for me, dressing is a pleasurable (albeit temporary) distraction.

BOBBI G.
06-03-2011, 04:25 AM
Clo
thing is just a way to hide skin. I read somewhere,"I choose to be happy". That's me, whether in clothes from the men's department or the Women's department. But for what its worth, I wear female 24/7. Like the fit and feel.

Bobbi

Samantha_Smile
06-03-2011, 04:53 AM
You cant really compare the two different guises for me.
I enjoy each just as much, only for quite different reasons.

Raychel
06-03-2011, 05:48 AM
I am definitly happier when I do get time to dress. But it is VERY rare that I am around people. On those very rare occasions, I do not act or treat people any differant that when I am in guy clothes.

jessica renee
06-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Due to other circumstances in my life right now, I am very rarely "happy". I would however say I am more relaxed when I am dressed.

KarenCDFL
06-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Much happier when en femme

Sarah Doepner
06-03-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm pretty happy most of the time regardless of how I'm presenting. But knowing that there are so few hours for my girl time, there are times when I'm in guy mode that I know I'd be much happier if I could dress en femme. On the other hand, when I'm dressed en femme, I rarely think I'd be happier if I could switch to a coat and tie or work boots and dirty jeans.

KandisTX
06-03-2011, 09:39 AM
I think that my happiness is not dependent upon what I am wearing, or which mode I am in at the time. Happiness comes from the activity being done, the people sharing the activity. While being able to dress during some activities does make them fun, it is not something that is required for happiness to be achieved.

kimdl93
06-03-2011, 10:43 AM
I really think I'm pretty much the same person, regardless of how I'm dressed. That would extend to how I treat people around me. I would have to say that I'm more at ease when I'm dressed...but only to the extent that I strongly prefer wearing women's clothes over mens. When I'm in male clothes its only because I "have to be" given the circumstances at the moment.

JamieG
06-03-2011, 12:09 PM

Do you think you treat people around you... the same , better or worse when dressed ?
Why and how ??

I can be happy or not in either mode, although overall, I'm generally a happy person. That said, because CDing is something I get to do rarely, those special moments due tend to bump my happiness a bit. If I dressed 24/7, then it would become the norm, and I think my happiness would be no different than it is when I don't dress now.

I try to treat everyone with respect whether en femme or en drab. I'm basically the same person, although I'm a little more ditzy as a girl (maybe my wig's too tight?).

I have noticed that many of the other CDers I have met are some of the nicest, most sincere people that I have ever met. Yes, there are a few bad apples in the bunch, but not many.

That's two questions I know :) No it's three !

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! :devil:

Lorileah
06-03-2011, 12:24 PM
I am ambivalent in male mode, I am more aggressive for sure but my mood is dependent on the situation. When I am dressed I am more cognizant of who I am, how I look and how I feel, so yes I am probably on average more happy when I am dressed but just because I am more aware.

david
06-03-2011, 12:52 PM
hi presh gg i am happier in girl mode but try to be aware of other peoples feelings when they try to work out what i really am )male or female some times i know it is hard for them to understand that it is not an illness because i dress as a female and not as they have come to know me in male mode.Being a cd is hard enough to understand for most folks but sometimes if it is explained that this is how you are not through choice but have always have felt inside and that you are now at peace with your self finally being a trans woman.

Kerigirl2009
06-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Happier in girl mode, I would have to say Yes my mind is simply more at ease and I feel better about myself when I see the woman inside me. But I am also pretty happy with my man side. I do think I would have more friends as a woman though because I am more engaged with the people.

I think I am more understanding and compassionate when I am womens mode. and I dont think its the clothes, they just help complete the illusion. I enjoy who I am as Keri and I think that makes me a more pleasant person to be around. I am less likely to go off the handle in a hissy fit.

I do love to be around my family though, now if we could mix the two just imagine the possibilities.

sara.s
06-03-2011, 01:04 PM
My happiness is independent of the clothes I wear. I haven't been around people when dressed, but I'd again assume that clothes dont matter.

theresa
06-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Much much happier in girl mode.

Tina B.
06-03-2011, 01:53 PM
After what I've done to this old body in 67 years, I'm just happy to be here to wear any clothes at all, but that being said, to long in boy clothes does stat to wear on me after awhile.
Tina B.

Anna B
06-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Much happier in girlie mode...when I can.

Anna x

Dawn cd
06-03-2011, 02:12 PM
I no longer do full dress, so my happiness button is neither off nor on. Mostly I underdress with panties and hose, women's jeans and a femme top. Fairly androgynous. Yet the fact that I am giving voice to a femme part of me warms and softens me, and, I guess, does make me happier.

Dawn

PretzelGirl
06-04-2011, 12:18 AM
The clothes are irrelevant. I strive to be happy all the time. I may not succeed, but it is for other reasons that my presentation. If you take the view that your glass is always half full, then you can be happy with regularity.

Mistybtm
06-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Always happier in girl mode i am more relaxed and smile a lot more.

Kathryn_Cox
06-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Allways happier in girl mode and much calmer when dressed

Danni Renee
06-04-2011, 01:10 AM
I am absolutely happier in girl mode than guy mode. I am comfortable and in general feel good about myself and others.

eluuzion
06-04-2011, 01:47 AM
My attitude and “happiness” are not related to clothing.
Except for the times when I am sad, I am always happy.:D

I feel much more like I do now than I did a little while ago...:heehee:

:love:

Lip5tick_Li5a
06-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Of course I'm just as happy in guy mode! Though honestly, IDK if I have modes. I'm a boy. Playing dress-up in girls clothes can be fun, but I don't have a split identity. It's purely a costume for me. I like to wear Victorian mens wear, suits and ties and sometimes dress like Doctor Who. But that doesn't mean I'm happier in "Doctor Mode" than "guy mode." LOL.

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
06-04-2011, 04:39 AM
But my real question is [ THAT ASIDE, PLEASE ]

Why and how ??

Its not a question of happier in either mode, I'm just as happy in either mode (if I looked more female I'd be much happier with my female mode). I'm more at ease and calmer in girl mode.

I treat people the same in either mode. I treat them how I want to be treated.

BRANDYJ
06-04-2011, 05:27 AM
I am every bit as happy in guy mode as I am in fem mode. I like being both male and female and would not change it one bit. I think I,m a better man...a better person for being both male and female. I think I treat people around me better just because of being transgendered. So I'm sure I treat them the same in either mode.

Georgia Rose
06-04-2011, 05:37 AM
I was just thinking before I got online as to how comfortable I feel in girl mode. Right now I'm fully dressed and home alone. First time dressed in about 3 weeks due to relatives staying. Tonight I went all out but even when I don't it still just feels right. Happier in boy or girl mode? Doesn't really matter to me. I'm a bit like BandyJ (post above) I think I'm a better person all round because I can see both sides. I look at a lot of guys who continually have relationship problems because they don't consider a women's perspective and maybe putting on a bra and panties can change your whole outlook.

thuvia
06-04-2011, 12:05 PM
happy in general in guy mode , world permitting, but am happy in a special way in girl mode, the fact that it is not all the time makes it a real treat for me and i myself have an addictive personality so too much of a good thing can be a bad thing, but thats just my situation and holds no judgements.

Samantha43
06-04-2011, 01:07 PM
I am equally happy in guy mode and girl mode. I have activities that I truly enjoy that are much better done in guy mode without worrying about makeup, nails and clothing. Being in girl mode is something I truly enjoy. It relaxes me and makes me feel truly content.

To answer your second question. My wife says I am easier to get along with when I'm in girl mode. She often asks if Sami can come over for a visit! I think it's because I am more relaxed in girl mode and am more attentive to her. It works for both of us!

hollydee
06-05-2011, 02:51 PM
More chill out when dressed.

Holly

Nancie64
06-05-2011, 08:31 PM
My mode is kind of the same in either but I like to strud my stuff in girl mode. Anyway that's what my SO tells me. I tell her to be honest with me when in girl mode. Just feel younger and like to move around in girl mode. Sometimes if Nancie doesn't visit for a while she will put the clothes on the bed to change into. If Nancie what's to dress she sometimes will have her cereal in a purple bowl. That's the sign.

Rachel Morley
06-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I would say yes, I am as happy in guy mode as I am in girl mode because how happy I feel actually depends on what I'm doing not so much what I'm wearing or presenting as.

I think I'm happiest when I'm doing "happy things" with my wife, be that snuggling up in front of the TV watching a movie or going for walks in the park like we sometimes do, or even just being together in the kitchen chopping vegetables and drinking a glass of wine as we prepare dinner together. I am very fortunate though that when I want to be in girl mode she is just as affectionate toward me as she is when I'm in boy mode so really my happiness has no boundaries. It's a great life! :)

Cari
06-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I would have to say I'm happier dressed
I would also say that that is more because I normally dress when I have things done.
So when I take time to enjoy dressing it usually means things are going pretty well.
That is just how I deal with my guilt over spending too much time on dressing.

I treat other CD's much better than the general public mainly because we share that big secret
and I am much more guarded with the public when dressed.

GaleWarning
06-05-2011, 10:03 PM
:Playnice:
I'm always happy.

GaleWarning
06-05-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm always happy.

:heehee:

NathalieX66
06-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Guy mode? Girl mode?......hell yeah!, I like both.
If I was one or the other, then I wouldn't be happy.
I go wherever I go, I just go. There is no demarcation line of gender with me.

Valerie
06-06-2011, 12:50 AM
No contest. Much happier in girl mode. My wife prefers Valerie to my male presentation, so my personality must change in a positive way.

Jill
06-06-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm with Nathalie, I love both and would not be happy if I was stuck with either of them. I love shopping on both sides of the store, I love personifying the fun traits of both the masculine and feminine.

CDPheobe
06-06-2011, 07:57 PM
This is something I can answer real well. Now my wife knows I like to dress up and feel comfy and to her, if that makes me happy, then so be it. On the other hand, I do like to dress in my man clothes. My wife compliments me when I dress snappy in men's clothes. She has said that I have a better figure, and legs than she does. But she laughs. When I dress up in womens clothes, I feel sexy. In mens clothes, i feel handsome. I like womens clothes more than mens. I would rather wear panties than my own undies. I sleep in womens clothes, and when I feel its appropriate and not a troublesome issue, I will wear my fem attire under my clothes.

krissy
06-07-2011, 08:05 AM
im happy when dressed i feel whole complete .it feels so right:daydreaming:

trisha11
06-07-2011, 08:17 AM
I am happy in both boi mode and gurl mode but it is almost like I have two different personalities, if that makes sense. I am always flirty, guy or gurl mode, but i always have a smile on my face in gurl mode, and am much more bubbly.

MsKimiko
06-07-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm happy in both my male and female personas. Exactly the reason I wouldn't want to take this further than being a CD. I love how changing into my female persona it takes me away from stresses in my male life and I can dress and feel sexy. I also love being masculine.

I feel I treat people the same way regardless of which persona I fall under.

anna marie
06-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I am the most happy when i am wearing female cloths as they make me feel happy and full of life and would love to have my testicles removed and be on hormone pills or shots so I can be a more complete woman.

Rhibabes
06-09-2011, 05:17 PM
when dressed which is becoming more often as im slowly coming out i feel umm for want of a better word "free" dont get me wrong im happy as a male but a lot happier and nicer to people as Rhi also i have noticed im a lot more open and talkative as Rhi

Krystalina
06-09-2011, 08:12 PM
I am much happier in girl mode. I hate guy clothes

I feel the exact same way, except that I have yet to fully experience "girl" mode. I only know this because all the clothes I desire, from platform sandals to tight jeans and mini-skirts are feminine, and in a perfect world, I could care less for male clothing.

Nylonems
06-10-2011, 12:44 AM
I use cding as an escape from lifes pressures so happier dressed but have a happy male life as well.

donnatracey
06-10-2011, 02:16 AM
I like the option of going back and forth....happy in either mode. But have to admit I'm just a tad happier when dressed and wearing makeup....:heehee:

kimberly ann487
06-10-2011, 10:26 AM
I like Karren's answer best. I feel the same in drab or dressed, just prettier as Kim. I would be happy all the time if my wife accepted me for who I am.

TGMarla
06-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Well, when I'm dressed, the only others around are my dogs, so how I treat others while dressed doesn't really enter into it. I treat my dogs well no matter how I'm dressed. But am I happier while dressed? Well, I love it when I'm dressed - most of the time, anyway. But there are things I do while in guy mode that I simply cannot do while in girl mode. Like spending time with my wife, golfing, yard work, having a beer with my friends....so while I'm happy when dressed, I can't really say I'm happier that way. There are good things about both.

Annaliese
06-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Happy in both mode but a little more girl mode than in guy mode.

kristinacd55
06-10-2011, 03:02 PM
1) I'm generally happier in girl mode, except that I do all workout activities as a guy, so that's the only exception.
2) I'm conversely nicer to people in girl mode, since I'm happier...hmm related to first answer! That's the why of it, I don't know the part of how but I just am.

Jamie Burton
06-10-2011, 03:16 PM
After spending 48 hours at Be-All as Jamie and then returning to guy mode, I am definately happier in girl mode. I had not realized this before (having mainly in the past year or so attended support gropu meetings on a monthly basis and then mostly under-dressed in between) but am now dealing with some serious considerations of going full-time for the first time in my life. I've been crying at the drop of a hat for the past couple of days and wish I could recapture that sense of happiness and peace that I had just a week ago.