PDA

View Full Version : Stelth Nails

JoAnnDallas
10-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Ever since my wife allowed me have long nails because I complained all the time about breaking them and such, I have really loved them. Also I have noticed that hardly anyone notices and this includes teenage girls. I was in WalMart yesterday and as kinda of a experienment, I found a couple of teenage girls in a alse, pointed with my full hand at a item behind them and asked if one of them could hand me one of the items. Thus my hand was not only in plain sight but up close to them. She turned got the item, handed it to me and then turned back to her GF and started talking again. I mean where is the teenage radar. These two didn't seem to have it on or totally did not notice my nails. It's like I have stelth nails or sometime. I fine with that, I'll just go my merry way and enjoy them. Do wish I could put polish on that that may break radar silence. LOL

JoAnn

LindaMarie
10-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Joann, I love this post, especially the title! Sounds like a new secret weapon.

All the best.

Wendy me
10-03-2005, 01:52 PM
lol, most people won't notice your nails my dad did and pointed it out to one of his doctors today no big deal the doctor never even looked twice....(mine were light pink)...

ladyfydiana
10-03-2005, 02:37 PM
joann sounds like you slipped under the radar on that one. :)

I have been trying to get my nails longer so I have been using Sally Hansens nailgrowth miracle.The only problem is that it shiney and looks like I have nail polish on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So I will see tommorow if anybody in the gym notices. :eek:

Diana

Katrina
10-03-2005, 03:51 PM
I use nail envy from OPI in matte finish on my fingernails. Nobody has even given me a second glance. I have had them reasonably long too and pointed to things and still nothing! Maybe I'll have to go in with some subtle pink someday. I have even gone shopping with a french manicure and no comments yet again.

DanaJ
10-03-2005, 04:38 PM
JoAnn, how long are your nails (free edge)? What shape are they? Mine have been just over 1/4 inch of free edge at their longest, shaped "sqoval", very shiney and that is pretty noticible. I have only had a few comments, and then just generally "when are you gonna trim your nails?" type comments....

Katrina
10-03-2005, 04:47 PM
...I have only had a few comments, and then just generally "when are you gonna trim your nails?" type comments....

I've heard THAT one before...and "When are you going to get a haircut". Incidentally, I eventually gave in on the hair thing and cut it :( As for the nails, I typically get sick of them that long and end up having to do manual labor which would end up breaking them anyways so I cut them...also :(

JoAnnDallas
10-03-2005, 04:57 PM
DanaJ..... See my Post "More from JoAnn"

My grand-neice is just about the only one that HAS noticed them and all she said was "Uncle J... you have very nice nails". BTW SHE is a TEENAGER (16).

JoAnn

ronna
10-03-2005, 05:25 PM
That's a great trick, Joann.
I ran into a clerk at the drugstore with long nails and a pony tail and I knew why he wore them like that! Of course, I tend to notice things like that more now that I am a gurl, but I will never be a teen again!

jo_ann
10-03-2005, 07:10 PM
My wife notices everything I do.. shaving body hair, not trimming nails, she's extremly observant.. however I've shaved arm hair and my legs, and didn't get any comments this summer, so I might keep doing that.

Rachel Morley
10-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Hi joann,

My nails are pretty long too, not quite Dana's 1/4 inch free edge but somewhere between and 1/8th and a 1/4. They are slightly shaped (by me) and painted in clear shiny polish. Several women at work have noticed them because I see their eyes following my hands (I sometimes tend to wave my hands a little when I talk) but no one has actually said to me yet "are you wearing nail polish?".

DanaJ
10-03-2005, 08:15 PM
DanaJ..... See my Post "More from JoAnn"

My grand-neice is just about the only one that HAS noticed them and all she said was "Uncle J... you have very nice nails". BTW SHE is a TEENAGER (16).

JoAnnAhhhh, missed that one somehow, they look great JoAnn! :thumbsup:

Almost time for a fill, will you get them shortened any then?

Sherrie
10-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi joann,

My nails are pretty long too, not quite Dana's 1/4 inch free edge but somewhere between and 1/8th and a 1/4. They are slightly shaped (by me) and painted in clear shiny polish.

Mine too are done in this fashion. I would like to have them longer but they get broken too easily. I have been caught by teenage girls and the women I work with, who mentioned I had nail polish on. After admiting to it nothing else has ever been said. I have even worn a light pink a couple of times. :)

HaleyPink2000
10-03-2005, 08:33 PM
I do wear clear nail polish on my toes most of the time. I tried the pink clear on them but did not like it. As for my hands, no way. I play music and can't have nails of any length, except on my index finger of my right hand. That one has to be a fake one for playing the banjo, claw hammer style. Everyone at work understands why I would wear that sometimes, and or nail hardener on that hand.

Oh and if I did want fake nails on all my fingers. Does anyone on here understand the way to get them in the correct sizing?

Haley:)

DanaJ
10-04-2005, 05:13 AM
Haley, are you looking to get fake nails just to wear for a day or two, or more permanently? If you want them more permanently, then it would be best to go to a nail tech and get them done. If you just want some temp nails for a day or two, then there are some larger sized full-cover nails available on the market.

There is a thread in the Beauty Club covering this question, we would love yo have you if you would like to join :)

penelope fletcher
10-04-2005, 06:41 AM
i always wear clear nail polish on my fingers and nobody has said anything,also i do some times have to do some lifting so the nail polish gives my nails that extra protection so that they don't break, :) .i like to paint my toes red, scarlet red; i just love that colour :D

kymmieLorain
10-04-2005, 12:40 PM
I have also let my nails grow some times. At time it just buggs me and I trim them. Bit even short I do try to keep them shaped.

Kymmie

JoAnnDallas
10-04-2005, 12:48 PM
DanaJ... yep almost time for a fill.. Been thinking on asking my nail tech (Tina) to put a real light pink polish on them next time. If wife asks me about them, I can always say that "Tina" insisted on it. LOL Tina wants me to get a petticure next time too.

JoAnn

kysmet
10-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Well, like most of you ladies I tend to keep mine between a 1/8 and 1/4 inch. I've used Nail Envy off and on for years now. At one point my nails were strong enough to smack a hardwood table with and not break a single nail. So, I'm in love with it. I've always tended toward longer nails. My grandfather kept his long for scraping the paint around on the canvases he would paint. I have no artistic talent however. And it turns out that my dad keeps his a bit long as well. This due to him being a mechanic most of his life. As well I have no mechanical talent either. Something about my family liking to scrape things I guess. hehe

As for women noticing, I tend to get many compliments on my nails. It seems like every store/restauraunt I go into there is some woman that makes a comment. They don't act strange or anything. They just comment how jealous they are of my nails. :D

Ericka Jean

JoAnnDallas
10-04-2005, 04:18 PM
I thought I would have to do a lot of explaining about my nails, so I guess I am a little jealous of kysmet as only one GG has commented on my nails and she was a 16 yr old teenager (grand-neice). LOL

JoAnn

Jonien
10-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Had my nails filled yestoday...Iv'e had acrilics for a few monthes now and finished with perlised with white tips just over the 1/4".....have had a few remarks like i like your nails but never had a bad coments.. only complamentary......:hugs: