PDA

View Full Version : Would you stop to give a rock star a ride?

Chickhe
06-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Okay, so I'm out dressed, dressing and driving and I see a hitch hiker up ahead. The couple in the car in front of me stop and pick up the hitch hiker and as I drive by I notice it is U2's Bono. So, what if it was I who picked up this rock star? Having recognized the star (actually, I'm not a big fan of Bono, but anyhow...) would you stop and give him a ride knowing that you might be discovered? Now, what if rock star gave you concert tickets, pulled you on stage and the media focused on you? Would it be worth it?

VioletJourney
06-03-2011, 01:23 AM
Wait a minute, back up... you saw Bono? Hitchhiking?

Honestly, even if the worst case scenario was being outed, I'd say that would be the coolest way to be outed, on stage at a rock concert...

KrystalA
06-03-2011, 05:16 AM
Huh?... Bono? HItchhiking? Okaaaay...

AZashleemarie
06-03-2011, 05:18 AM
actually i believe the story, if u check the news wires a player for the edmonton oilers ended up giving him a ride when he saw him hitch hiking

TxKimberly
06-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Damn straight I would. I'd do it less than a heartbeat!

Tina B.
06-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Sure I would give him a ride, but then I have no fear of his outing me, because I would not be at a Bono Concert! Now Willy Nelson might out me for giving him a ride, I would be at his show!
Tina B.

Paula Siemen
06-03-2011, 08:24 AM
I had a (non-crossdressed) frightening experience picking up a hitch hiker on a road trip through AZ-TX back when I was in college and STUPID! He almost stole my car while I was inside the station paying for gas (yeh....it was many years ago). Thus, unfortunately, I would never again pick up a hitch hiker, no matter who he looked like. Could you really be sure the person was who he/she seemed to be or looked like in such an unexpected circumstance? Its just too bad that so many individuals have ruined the opportunity for one to be a good samaritan in todays society.

Loveday
06-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Bono, never. Don't care his way of politics and his music wears on me like music they called bubble gum at one time. Madonna never - x wifes cousin, yuk. Marshall Crenshaw ( small time fame, played Buddy Holly in a movie ) or his brothers - for sure. I grew up with them !

KandisTX
06-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Bono, never. Don't care his way of politics and his music wears on me like music they called bubble gum at one time. Madonna never - x wifes cousin, yuk. Marshall Crenshaw ( small time fame, played Buddy Holly in a movie ) or his brothers - for sure. I grew up with them !

If only this site had a "LIKE" button like Facebook. LOL.. ;) Of course, if I were to stop to offer Bono a ride, he probably wouldn't accept it because I drive a Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4 door with a V8 Magnum engine, so he would be pissed at the amount of fuel I consume in that truck. :)

I have stopped and picked up hitchhikers in the past and have always had "good luck" as it were. But, the odds of picking up a rock star are slim and none. Although, I would have to think of who they were whether or not I would pick them up while dressed.

Fab Karen
06-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Reportedly a transient who resembles rock star "Bono" of U2 has been murdering people who pick him up. Film at 11:00.

P.S. The real Bono would have to be incredibly naive to do that. At the very least the movie "Misery" comes to mind.

KellyCD
06-03-2011, 08:26 PM
A rock star? Yes. Country music star? Nope. Pop icon? Not a chance. Rapper? I'd hit him, back up and yell out my window "guess you ain't bling blinging now are ya?"

Nicole Erin
06-03-2011, 08:34 PM
A rock star? Yes. Country music star? Nope. Pop icon? Not a chance. Rapper? I'd hit him, back up and yell out my window "guess you ain't bling blinging now are ya?"

What if it was some drove of 40 illegals in a mariachi band?
Kelly, I love you :D

Now for me, would I give a ride? Well I don't know, I mean if it was like some rocker of the 80's who looked like a hot chick, like say some 80's person than probably. Would I be able to request a favor if he was wearing pretty stuff?

Karren H
06-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Funny thing I was listening to NHL Home Ice on Sirius and they told the story of an AHL or a nhl draft pick who picked up Bono and his publicist who were hitch hiking... in west Vancouver! Yesterday or day before yesterday. Lol. Bono is singing the praises of the young hockey player and his wife for picking him up!! You were the next car behind this up and coming hockey player and his wife!! Too cool!!

Here's the story - http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/06/03/professional-hockey-player-picks-up-hitchhiking-u2-frontman-bono/

And Go Canucks!!

Daphne Renee
06-03-2011, 09:58 PM
I am not a big fan of Bono. If I was absolutely certain it was him then I might. However I probably would not be certain so its unlikely I would give any hitchhiker a ride.

Iskandra
06-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Rockstar?! hmm maybe an old school one like Mick Jagger, if his daughter were there too, you'd hear the brakes for miles! :)

Would definately stop for Rupaul though.. the chat would be amasing..

I..

Reba Kay
06-03-2011, 10:59 PM
This probably doesn't count, but several years ago (somewhere around 1984) I gave a ride to Neil Young ( as in Crosby, Still, Nash, and Young) to go pick up his car. The reason it doesn't count is he was not Hitchhiking and I wasn't dressed femm at the time. We where in Detroit at the time and he ask if I would take him over to pick up his rental car at a dealership. Super nice guy!

docrobbysherry
06-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Sherry give Bono a ride? Sure, why not?! And then, he'd think she was pretty hot and ask her to drive him to his gig! Then, either being polite, or for OTHER reasons, invites her to accompany him back stage. While warming up, she starts movin' to his group's grovin' and he notices what a sensational dancer she is!

So, he says, "Come on out on stage with our other dancers. Hey, Eddie! Get this girl a leotard!" So, I DO!
And, the show is broadcast live around the world and seen by billions of people!

Will I be seen and discovered by my family and friends as a CD? NOT A CHANCE! None of them would be watching a Bono concert!

THIS post is EXACTLY THE REASON WHY I gave up LSD and other mind altering substances!

eluuzion
06-04-2011, 02:52 AM
It depends on how many "groupies" were with him. My car only seats 4 people (crowded at that!). So if there were three or more groupies with him, I am afraid he would have to wait for the next car. Ladies first...:heehee:
:love:

Georgia Rose
06-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Well this is a true story, Bono was hitchhiking and was picked up. Would I do it, if dressed as the opposite sex at the time. Most unlikley.