PDA

View Full Version : Groups on Facebook about Crossdressers Dating

missvaldubois
06-03-2011, 10:19 AM
I was working on my Facebook page. I know this sounds stupid but I am Facebook illiterate and am still learning about it. There is an interesting feature called a GROUP which will soon be converted in a PAGE. But basically, it's about people with common interests joining a group to discuss various issues.

I decided to see if the were any groups dealing with crossdressers dating. Interestingly enough, there are several but most don't seem very viable.

I noticed one group in particular that was about GGs dating CDs. The group had about 250 members. I found it striking that there were very few GGs that had joined the group. The group creator was a GG and there were one or two other GGs that were members. In fact, the group creator mentioned in her early posts that she had reached out to the "community" and was surprised by the lack of initial response.

I guess I was surprised at my findings. I would have thought that many GGs would have joined. Facebook is supposed to be about "social networking" isn't it? OR is it just really a sophisticated chat toy?

I looked at a few other groups VERY BRIEFLY and it seems to hold that the majority of the members are CDs.

I'd love to hear some opinions on why there is a lack of GGs (especially from the GGs) in such groups. And I'd like to hear opinions about Facebook and its effectiveness as a social networking tool for crossdressers.

Thanks all, in advance, for your thoughts.

VAL

silhouette
06-03-2011, 06:01 PM
IDK how you are surprised by this at all.
This forum is full of people lamenting the fact that their SOs hate the fact that they dress.

The people who have SOs that are okay with it practically shout that from the rooftops about how lucky they are- so that should tell you something too! It's not the norm!

docrobbysherry
06-03-2011, 07:27 PM
I believe Sil answered the FIRST question quite well, Miss Val!

While I don't pretend to understand the attraction of Facebook, or how it's supposed to function, I DO seem to be getting more action there than on Myspace! Robert doesn't have a Myspace page, so I guess he's not a fair comparison!

However, Sherry has had one there as long as she's been here. Almost 4 years! She joined Facebook about a year ago. I believe she has over 300 Myspace friends and over 200 Facebook friends! MANY MORE of the Facebook friends r from overseas! Maybe even more than from the USA!

silhouette
06-03-2011, 08:09 PM
I believe Sil answered the FIRST question quite well, Miss Val!

While I don't pretend to understand the attraction of Facebook, or how it's supposed to function, I DO seem to be getting more action there than on Myspace!

that's because mySpace is dead lol.
not even newscorp wants it anymore.

they fired almost all of their staff, stopped supporting it, and put the whole thing up for sale in april...
they paid so much money for that POS too. lol.

GMCD
06-03-2011, 08:24 PM
You see the same kind of thing happening on Flickr. Any group for CDs tends to get overrun by the CDs themselves (after all, who can resist a chance to share another picture of our magnificent selves?). Other times dating groups usually attract men (the non-CD, and often hairy and scary, kind) looking for CDs to play out some fantasy with (ick!) and sometimes by the CDs looking for those kinds of men (ick!). That's just my observations, though. I have no empirical data one way or the other.

I also believe that Silhouette makes an excellent point that GGs aren't generally attracted to CDs (too much competition for the best shoes I guess ;P), and I'm not sure that even in our current, more open society that too many women are actively looking for a CD. While my wife is accepting and lets me be me, sometimes she still thinks it's about sex (the birds and the bees kind) and doesn't really get what it means that I'm a transvestite. She loves me, though, and I get to buy my own pretties and doll up and enjoy myself quite freely, so we have a happy marriage (she gets her own perks too, don't worry). My wife didn't marry me for any part of my transvestism, though, and I imagine it's the same with a good many women.

AllieSF
06-03-2011, 08:45 PM
I have noticed the same thing for a meet up group I belong to for TG's and GG's to meet. There are always more TG's than GG's. I have had no luck so far, but did assist a cute GG to hook up with a TS. Maybe my time will come some day, hopefully in the near future.

Pythos
06-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Hmm, could it possibly have something to do with the fact a majority of us hide, and unfortunately the cd's that make any kind of news are usually not of the wholesome variety.

Nah, that can't be it. LOL

Sophie86
06-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Of all the successful baits guys could lay out to attract women to a FB dating site, I'm pretty sure that CDing is in the lower half of the list. It's somewhere between Women Dating Men Who Like To Beat Their Wives and Women Dating Men Who Like To Chain Them In Their Basement.

Alice Torn
06-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Pythos, and Sophie! So right on!!

Iskandra
06-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Then theres fear..
"OMG you like guys who dress as girls?! ewww"
Very little is secret on FB, or as it's becoming to be known, Stalkbook..

I..

missvaldubois
06-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Sophie/Pythos - thanks for your respective replies.

I thought it was worth mentioning at this point in the thread that the Facebook Group which I initially discussed does not have the characteristics of being a "bait" that "guys could lay out" or a place where CDs are not of the "wholesome variety." At least, not at first blush.

Let me reiterate my first words about the GROUP in my initial post -

"I noticed one group in particular that was about GGs dating CDs. The group had about 250 members. I found it striking that there were very few GGs that had joined the group. The group creator was a GG and there were one or two other GGs that were members. In fact, the group creator mentioned in her early posts that she had reached out to the "community" and was surprised by the lack of initial response."

NOTE that the group was started by a GG! AND that she reached out to the CD community to acquire GG members for the group.

I'll spend a little more time studying the group but it certainly did not sound like a baiting place with CDs of an unwholesome variety.

FYI - The GG that started the group is named Maja Louise Vesterdorf Lange. She's Danish and lives in a neighborhood in Copenhagen. AND she's legit! It just so happens that I was raised in Denmark and know all of the places in Denmark that she talks about in the group and on her YouTube channel. I watched a couple of her videos (one in which she describes how to pronoiunce her name). She has the very distinctive accent of a Dane that speaks English quite well. I concluded - quite quickly - that she is REAL! In the event that you decide to visit her YouTube channel let me warn you that she definitely displays the sometimes "off the wall" characteristics of Danish humor.

Sorry - I am rambling ....

In any case, the name of the group is - I'd date a crossdresser! The group is open to the public but doesn't seem to have much activity.

Check it out.

Perhaps we can encourage many of the GGs here to join and support the group. Who knows. We may turn the tide against the less than "wholesome variety" with a little effort.

AND - please do NOT misinterpret my intentions. I am not promoting the group in any way.

I will continue my investigations into the Facebook issues I discussed in my initial post and watch this thread for many more thoughtful replies.

Thanks to you all for your words and time.

VAL

Daphne Renee
06-03-2011, 11:10 PM
I do not pretend to know everything there is to know about facebook or the groups. I do use facebook on a regular basis but mainly to keep up with friends and family I have throughout the country. The groups I have seen. (admittedly not that many) on facebook seem to be small. Now i dont know if this has anything to do with it but there are sites on the net for people who would like to date a crossdresser. alt.com comes to mind. I know there are a few others. One I have seen on this site but cant remember the name of it.