PDA

View Full Version : Came out last night to my Dad and Older Sister

Christy_M
06-03-2011, 12:35 PM
I have to say that I am completely blown away by the experience I had with my father last night. I told him about Christy and where my life is going and he told me that :I am a little dissappointed that you felt you had to hide this from me all these years. You need to know that you are my chilkd and I will always love you. I am scared for what you will have to go through becasue I cannot protect you like I used to when you were a kid. The world is cruel and I hope you take that into consideration as you change how you face the people in it."

OMG - I cried so hard talking with him. I thought "who are youand what did you do with my dad?"

Later that night, I talke dto my older sister and she was just so nonchalant. She had found my clothes when I was 14 and told my dad about it. She asked me if this was the reason we don't talk as much as we should? now there isn't any excused for us not to talk more often."

Today, I will talk to my youngest sister and my daughter. So far everyoone has assured me that they wouldnd't make any mention of this to my son who is in North Carolina. I will see how this goes. I found out that as much as I didn't think my first wife was influential to the rest of my family one of the first things she did was tell everyone in my family about me. They never mentioned it to me until I had these conversations. They figured that If it was true, I would tell them myself and if it was false, they would burden me with the drama since we had a bitter divorce already. And here I thought I had the biggest secret in the room...apparently they had been told many years ago...

Lorileah
06-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Great for you. You have a terrific Dad and sister. Love overrules all other emotions

Rianna Humble
06-03-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm so glad it went well for you :bighug: - I know exactly what you felt when your dad said those words because they are almost exactly what mine said to me last year.

Anna B
06-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi Christy, fantastic news, what a great fatherly talk! And your older sister sounds pretty cool with the idea too. I am SO pleased for you.

Hugs

Anna x

Jorja
06-03-2011, 02:11 PM
I said this in a thread Rianna started a couple of days ago but it deserves being repeated here. Our fathers are and can be amazing men when we least expect it. I am glad you have him in your life Christy. I hope you and your sister have many sisterly conversations in the future.

Laurie Ann
06-03-2011, 03:33 PM
What wonderful news of true love and understanding. I am so happy for you.

Melody Moore
06-03-2011, 04:19 PM
It must feel like a huge weight has just been lifted from your shoulders & now you can move around so much
easier & without all that burden. Obviously your father is a very sensitive & caring man & you truly are lucky
to have a father like that, mine is a senile stupid old alcoholic who is set in his ways & believes that he is always
right. Mind you, last time we spoke he asked me how I was going to get $13,500 to go to Thailand for SRS. It
shocked me that he knew the average cost of SRS in Thailand. I asked him how come he knew how much it was
going to cost, he told me that he read it somewhere recently in a 'That's Life' magazine. So there is some hope
for someone as hard-headed as my old man after all. But you truly have been blessed with having a good father.

You were also lucky with what happened with your ex-wife when she was obviously hurt & become so spiteful
& tried to run you down to your family. I am so glad they didn't take her side & were sensitive enough not to
let the matter affect you when you already had enough to deal with over the divorce. This also shows how
sensitive & caring they really are. Parents know a lot more than they let on & this is where I have issues with
my family today. My parents have been in denial about me from the day I was born & still are to this very day
because I came into the world as an intersex baby, but they were so convinced that I could be their boy. My
only other brother died in 1994, so when the experiment to raise me as a male finally backfired, I guess that
just shattered all of their dreams of having a boy & having someone to carry on the family name. My father
was particularly upset to find out that I dropped the family name & adopted a new name because they were
never there for me. I just wish they could think like your father & realise that I am still their child irrespective
of what gender or sex or because of whatever name I use.

So Christy, you really are lucky girlfriend - all the pieces just seem to finally be falling into place for you in your
life & I think true inner peace & freedom is finally finding it's way into your life. No more secrets, you are free to
live your life as the person you truly are. So once we overcome these enormous hurdles & issues we face there
is something really special that awaits us in our final objective & that is to always be happy & at peace.

So keep on marching forward Christy, you really are doing a great job here while showing tremendous strength &
courage to many other girls wishing to follow in your footsteps - you really are a very good role model to others.
Good luck & we will always be here for you. :hugs:

Kaitlyn Michele
06-03-2011, 05:46 PM
great news!!

dad is a big deal!!

Andrea85
06-03-2011, 06:34 PM
That's awesome new! I had a similar experience but not that awesome though.

Debglam
06-03-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm very happy for you Christy! People (family) can really surprise you sometimes!

Areyan
06-03-2011, 08:06 PM
congratulations! that's such wonderful news about your dad especially. i hope it all continues to go well for you, thanks for sharing. :)

Nicole Erin
06-03-2011, 09:10 PM
My step-dad is not real judgemental per se about who I am, but he does seem to enjoy reminding me that the world is not going to approve.

Pythos
06-03-2011, 10:20 PM
This is so good to read. It reminds me of what my pop said to me when we had a chat one time. He said he did not understand why I liked my hair long or why I wore the stuff I do, but he still loved me and would support me as long as I hurt no one and stayed within the law. He was a good man, despite our differences.

Jay Cee
06-03-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm so very happy that it went well for you!

Ericka2
06-03-2011, 11:04 PM
That is so amazing! Those kind of news gives me so much hope for understanding from people that I care about....

Love, Ericka

arbon
06-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Hi Christy - glad to hear that coming out to them was such a positive experience. Very happy for you. It is nice when we are expecting a bad reaction to be surprised by the opposite. :-)