PDA

View Full Version : Dressed when you die?

marny
06-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Have you considered how you would like to be layed out, or do you care? I want to be totally Marny before they put me in the oven. I want to go out like the girl i am! ( Don't mean to be morose. Just came out of third cancer operation) I,ll be OK :brolleyes:

AllieSF
06-04-2011, 11:52 PM
This has been asked before. I want to be cremated and in what mode, male or female, I will leave that to my kids to decide. They don't know about this side of me, so it should be interesting as I look down on them (yeah, I expect to go upward at that time) and see how they handle their surprise. I also want my ashes to be scattered over whatever large body of water is nearby.

Katie_in_AK
06-04-2011, 11:54 PM
I think about that. I don't really care, but I want it said at my funeral who I TOTALLY am!

Jason+
06-04-2011, 11:57 PM
As at that point I will be dead and have no further real say in the matter let them bury or burn me in what ever makes it easiest for those that are left in my wake to deal with.

Maria Blackwood
06-05-2011, 12:03 AM
I want to leave this world as I entered it: naked.

Eryn
06-05-2011, 12:25 AM
I want a wake. Prop me up in the corner, wrap xmas tree lights around me, and everyone have a great party. That way I'll be fully lit at my last party! :)

GMCD
06-05-2011, 02:33 AM
I have actually given this a lot of thought and I have decided that I want to be true to myself in my entrance into eternity. I have always preferred myself in feminine clothing and I always will, therefore I wish to be buried in a white gown with gorgeous makeup and a lovely hairdo. I don't have children and my wife knows that I am her loving husband no matter what I have on my body. It will be the end of my life and I will have no one but God to answer to for my choices anymore. It will be, perhaps, the one great moment to be true to myself completely and without apology. Much love!

Persephone
06-05-2011, 03:20 AM
Hi Marny! Sorry to hear that you've been having major medical problems.

The one thing I do know is that I definitely do not want to spend eternity in a girdle!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kate Simmons
06-05-2011, 05:47 AM
As long as I go out fighting it doesn't matter much Hon.:battingeyelashes::)

Karren H
06-05-2011, 05:57 AM
My survivors can dress me up as they see fit, what ever helps ease their pain and sorrow.

Missy Tanya
06-05-2011, 06:52 AM
The one thing I do know is that I definitely do not want to spend eternity in a girdle!
Persephone.

I couldn't agree more, Too Funny.

But I have had many of the same thoughts. Since I don't like the open casket idea. Just too hard on me, at least. I would love to have my finest, pretty outfit on with nails, toes painted. Jewelry and heels on of course. Just in case I'm late for the party and don't have time to dress when I get there!! lol

I've told my wife that I hope that there is such a thing as reincarnation, cause I've done the male thing, I want the female experience next time. That's my excuse for dressing now, just in case I don't get the chance ever again. Like I needed an excuse!!!

Tanya

TGMarla
06-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Sure, we've all probably thought about it. "Gee, what dress do I want to wear when they bury me?"

Well, I'm opting for cremation. I can't imagine wasting a perfectly good plot of land to house a vessel I'm not using anymore. What a waste! Furthermore, I'll be dead, so I don't really care what I'm wearing after that. It would be an insult and a slap to those survivors who care about such things, and I'm not really interested in giving anyone a one-finger salute when I die.

So they can put me in whatever clothing they wish. I won't care.

DAVIDA
06-05-2011, 08:55 AM
If I am suvived by Jean, I will be dressed!:D

PretzelGirl
06-05-2011, 10:35 AM
I am completely done with this body once my last breath is taken. So I have already crossed over at that point and not during my service (for my beliefs anyway). So it is completely up to my survivors. Now my angel outfit might be another thing....

pernille d
06-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Same here . When you die your not here any more so does it matter . the Idea of seeing my patents in a coffin when there time comes I don't like, I think is not right as I want to remember the happy memories and not have the last memory of a lifeless person in a box. Therefore I want my coffin closed and no one to see me so everyone can will have there own specal memories of me .
I am working on coming out so what the heck everyone might know by then so my kids can decide

Kate Lynn
06-05-2011, 12:47 PM
I want to leave this world as I entered it: naked.

crying,carrying on,with no teeth or hair,messing in ones pantys.............really?

Maria Blackwood
06-05-2011, 01:26 PM
crying,carrying on,with no teeth or hair,messing in ones pantys.............really?

Wait, are you describing a baby or the advanced stages of senility?

dawnmarrie1961
06-05-2011, 01:34 PM
The term "layed out" could be taken totally out of context by a deviant mind like mine but I shall refrain from such distastefull humor and answer the querry at hand. To be dressed or not to be dressed? That is the question. I say to thee :NAY!! Don't want to be dressed at all. Why ruin a perfectly good outfit? Bury me in the buff. That's the way I started out life....that's the way it should be ended. Ok maybe a pair of socks. I don't want to get cold feet in the afterlife.

Tina B.
06-05-2011, 01:41 PM
My belief, dead is at last point I care, after that just get rid of me as cheap as can be legallty done. Most people don't know about this side of me,who does it help to share that after death, can't make my life better at that point, and how does that help my kids?

tina B.

5150 Girl
06-07-2011, 01:25 AM
I laready have my dress picked out. Weather or not it happens for me will be another story.

Cheryl T
06-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Since the family doesn't know I'm sure my spouse would not want me laid out as Cheryl.
Doesn't matter to me as I'll be dead anyway...and I want to be cremated.

Sophie86
06-07-2011, 09:55 PM
No, I'm too vain. I can look dead and gross as a guy, but not as Sophie.

sometimes_miss
06-08-2011, 02:24 AM
I'll be dead. They can do whatever they want with me.