PDA

View Full Version : Mental Image of Yourself

Danni Renee
06-05-2011, 05:55 AM
Like most, I spent many years in denial or repressing my dressing and feminine desires. I could do that durig the light of day (sometimes) but I could never escape it at night. I went to bed daydreaming of being a girl and my dreams were of a similar nature. I thought of my hair color, my clothes, my nails, my car, my job, and in general how my life would look if I could have been what I wanted to be. In these dreams I developed a view of myself and how I thought I would look.

Now that I am able to dress more often I try to obtain what I dreamed. However, I am not very successful in achieving my vision of myself or more specifically when I try to make myself look like I had envisioned I do not achieve it. I don't mean being rail thin or such, I never pictured myself as some super model. Just sort of in general.

My dreams have begun to adjust to the appearance I can achieve but I still wonder sometimes why I am not able to piece together how I thought I would look versus how I do look.

Have any of you ever achieved your inner vision of yourself? Do you feel like you are close to achieving your vision or have you adjusted your vision to what you can achieve?

Danielle

Karren H
06-05-2011, 06:07 AM
I've never come close to achieving my dreams... Didn't make it to the NHL and never scored 50 goals in a season! Sigh....

I've had a few dressing related dreams in my life but not since I was a child. Now when I dream I never involves dressing at all.... Figure I'm living my dream or close to it.. Even though I am never totally happy with the outcome.... Just trying to keep even with old age is a full time job... Sigh sigh... .

Anna B
06-05-2011, 06:17 AM
I've never come close to achieving my dreams... Didn't make it to the NHL and never scored 50 goals in a season! Sigh....

Know what you mean hun! I don't dream about dressing, but its on my mind all of my waking hours. I think about booking into a hotel for a weekend and living my fantasy, but would that work?

Anna x

Raychel
06-05-2011, 06:21 AM
My actual sleeping dreams about crossdressing, sometimes are a bit un-nerving. I mean I hope that some of thoise dreams/nightmares never come true. I have had quite a few dreams that I would like to really hapen. Probably never will. But that is life.

Now on to the mental image. That is another story. I never had a mental image of how I should look or act when dressed, So I guess I am there.

If a shrink were to take a deep look into my head, he would probably quit, What a mess it is in there. :heehee:
So that give you an overall of my mental status.

noeleena
06-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Hi,

Mental How i see my self . easy . certinly not a beautyfull woman never was & never will be , Tho iv accepted my self for who i am . a woman who has a background that comes with a male side . no big'e for me.

I dont try & be what im not i wear nice clothes every day tho overall's when im building or working doing things . my make up is very little if any most of the time. my pic show's me as people see me much of the time,
for me its not about how i look or not . its about acceptance of who i am & by others. I knew 53 years ago i was not going to be pretty . tho i was told i was a good looking man.. he he . yea right. i never saw that. then or now. people see different things as to how we try & see things in regard to our self's. most of my life i did not like mirrors . & now, no.

I accept the way i look & get on with life. if what i do was based on looking like a woman , i would not do any thing out side our gate, & really i make up for my failings in other ways , so its a ? i just have to leave behind. Im a woman & thats all that matter's.

...noeleena...

Missy Tanya
06-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Well when I dream of CDing, I can't post them here.. Lol But I do understand what you asking. I know the look I'm going for, even like seeing in the mirror what I see looking back. Then the dreaded pictures. Most I hate, sometimes wish I hadn't. But then I relive the day or night out feeling pretty. And it makes it all better. As for the pictures, they are right, one in a thousand looks good. I my case, more like one in a million. I would have better luck winning the Lotto!!

But I do with what I have, just as all girls have to do. Other that going under the knife, I'm just going to be me, however I'm dressed.

Tanya

Kathryn Philips
06-05-2011, 07:17 AM
I did not have a vision of myself until I started playing with digital makeovers prior to fully dressing for the first time. The reality exceeded my initial expectations all round, specially my facial look,voice and mannerisms. I feel ready to meet real people as Kathryn but I am unable to do so because of particular family cirscumstances.

Staci G
06-05-2011, 07:26 AM
When I have crossdressing dreams I am generally getting "caught" by my wife or being chased by people I know (figure that one Freud). I daydream about what it would be like to live 24/7 as Staci and have gone as far as talking to mgrs of dress shops about would they hire a TG person or not. I day dream about losing a bunch of weight and looking like a woman but alas I too am still day dreaming. If I knew I could ge a job, Yep I would consider living different. Heck imagine the employee discount and the closet Staci would have.