PDA

View Full Version : Where does crossdressing fit into your life?

VioletJourney
06-05-2011, 01:10 PM
The other day I was thinking about this. Take a step back and look at your life. How does it fit in? Is it just a little hobby you don't even think about most of the time? Is it one of the defining parts of your life, with all your decisions being made in the context of crossdressing? I'm interested to know how much importance it has with all of us.

For me, I'd say that while it's a lot more than a hobby for me, I've been making an effort to keep it from consuming my life, as I don't want it to define me.

JamieTG
06-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Although I've always been a CD, earlier I had more things such as career and athletic goals that I focused on and were more defining of who I was. Now that I'm approaching 60 and have more time on my hands and less career pressures, yes it consumes me. I don't have the other things to balance it out anymore.

Tina B.
06-05-2011, 01:33 PM
what Jamie said! Too much time, not enough clothes.
Tina B.

Chrissy.Sexton
06-05-2011, 01:52 PM
My passion for this will easily consume me - not a bad thing - if I let it, however with other responsibilities to many others including family, friends, and co-workers, I have to balance both images of me. It's difficult because I'm so drawn to my feminine side and want the opportunity to explore and nurture this CD passion.

Maybe someday . . .

Christine

AllieSF
06-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I would have to reword your question to read, "How does my life fit into my crossdressing?". My dressing does occupy way too much of my time and thought and decision processes. I need to get my life back and let the dressing recede to where it belongs as one of my favorite hobbies.

Lacy PJs
06-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Since I seldom dress completely and only am interested in a few items of clothing, I can't even say it's a hobby. I spend way more time & $$$ on my "guy hobbies" than I probably ever will as a CD.

Lacy PJs

geri-tg.
06-05-2011, 04:43 PM
My dressing is a 24/7 need and always on my mind. I must take control of my needs or it would take control of me.

GMCD
06-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Top two drawers of my armoire, 1/4 of the closet in my home office, and about 16GB on the photo harddrive. :) Much love!

Anna B
06-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Although I've always been a CD, earlier I had more things such as career and athletic goals that I focused on and were more defining of who I was. Now that I'm approaching 60 and have more time on my hands and less career pressures, yes it consumes me. I don't have the other things to balance it out anymore.

You and me both hun. I'm approaching 60 and think of not much else these days...

Anna x

Vickie_CDTV
06-05-2011, 05:53 PM
For me transvestism is more or less just a hobby, though it is my primary social outlet and is an integral (and inseparable) part of my sexuality. I don't think about it more or less than other things going on in my life at the moment.

Crissy Kay
06-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Lately its taking a backseat to my newer hobbie of target shooting. I am spending much more time on shooting and gun sites, then I am on cd sites, here, included.

tammi ogles
06-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I want it to be my life! Any other activity in my life should be available to me regardless of wearing a skirt or pants, and my choice of pants, slacks, skirt, or skorts. Women can wear ANYTHING in life and men cannot. I hate this society for this prejudice.

DeeDeeB
06-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Where does crossdressing fit into my life?
I want it to be my life! Any other activity in my life should be available to me regardless of wearing a skirt or pants, and my choice of pants, slacks, skirt, or skorts. Women can wear ANYTHING in life and men cannot. I hate this society for this prejudice.

Well said Tammy. Crossdressing is a term mainly applied to men in this society. Women in jeans or a pinstripe suit are considered stylish. It is up to us MTFs (women fought for their right for many years) to turn around the prejudice against men wearing skirts. My sincere hope is to go femme 24/7, but I'm afraid I won't have the courage to do that until I retire, if even then.

DeeDee :fairy1:

Danni Renee
06-05-2011, 08:56 PM
I don't think crossdressing is consuming my life per se. I think my newly acknowledged feminine desires are consuming me of which my dressing is mearly an outward expression. My dressing and my ability to dress are factors I consider every day but not so much for the dressing as it is finally getting to express how I have felt all these years. Like some of you I do have to restrain myself due to work and family matters but I would go 24/7 if I did not have those restrictions.

PretzelGirl
06-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Defining can be considered a pretty strong statement. I don't think that would be appropriate for me in the way I look at it. It is a big part of me. But life has its priorities. First and foremost is always my family. Nothing trumps it. Second for me is my job. The job is my means to take care of my family and also gives a person a sense of fulfillment if they have the right one. Then the dressing starts to layer in. And there are other things that get their priorities and based on the time and occasion, they do trump dressing and sometimes dressing trumps them. It all becomes a blur after the first two.

So defining me, I don't think so by my definition. But being a part of me. Always, that is part of my make-up.

GaleWarning
06-05-2011, 10:06 PM
I fit it in between 6am and 7am. It's difficult, as I hate getting up early!
:)

mandycd
06-05-2011, 10:12 PM
I find it to be a big part for me. I dont think about dressing i just dress an it feels normal. Same thing in guy mode they both just feel comfortable.

Karren H
06-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't know... some days it's hovering in the back ground.... other days it's leading the charge..... But it's always there in some fashion or form...

Staci G
06-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Fits very nicely when the wife isn't around. Other wise it is in the closet beating the hell out of the door.

charlen
06-05-2011, 10:28 PM
The other day I was thinking about this. Take a step back and look at your life. How does it fit in? Is it just a little hobby you don't even think about most of the time? Is it one of the defining parts of your life, with all your decisions being made in the context of crossdressing? I'm interested to know how much importance it has with all of us.

For me, I'd say that while it's a lot more than a hobby for me, I've been making an effort to keep it from consuming my life, as I don't want it to define me.

It is all I think of. Iam on the back side of 60.

NathalieX66
06-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Whether alone, or with friends, I make it a point to go out in public 1-3 times a month, 4 at most, which has happened a few times.... but certainly no less that once a month, or I'll go crazy. it all depends on my schedule.
Nathalie is a part of me, and I try to make that aspect of my life as social and real as I can. Staying home dressed is meaningless to me, the clothes are nice....I just want to go out and be me. It's both an outlet, and expression of who I am.

Billie Jean
06-05-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't know... some days it's hovering in the back ground.... other days it's leading the charge..... But it's always there in some fashion or form...I'd have to say it goes on the back burner from time to time while I enjoy my hobby of motorcycling. So about half of the time when I'm not at work its one or the other. Billie Jean

Staci G
06-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Whether alone, or with friends, I make it a point to go out in public 1-3 times a month, 4 at most, which has happened a few times.... but certainly no less that once a month, or I'll go crazy. it all depends on my schedule.
Nathalie is a part of me, and I try to make that aspect of my life as social and real as I can. Staying home dressed is meaningless to me, the clothes are nice....I just want to go out and be me. It's both an outlet, and expression of who I am.

Nathalie you hit the nail right on the cuticle. I agree the clothes are nice but yep at this stage it is kinda pointless to stay home and dress. Hey a girl always wants to show off a new dress

Missy Tanya
06-05-2011, 10:57 PM
I've explain my CDing to the support group as a Hobby more than once. Most of the members are either post op, or living as a woman 24/7. They just have a harder time understanding that I would like to dress up, but never go any farther. Now they are supportive and I'm treated just like one of the girls. But back to my currant hobby, yes it is consuming, expensive, and involves a hole bunch of time. But I'm worth it, and having a ball. So since I'm not hurting anyone, my wife supports me, and I have the time and money, I'm dressing more all the time. Besides my other 25 or so hobbies are still out there, and I find that Tanya can participate in many of them too. I do find myself thinking of what to do this weekend, and Tanya is the first thing I think of doing, so yes I think of her quite a bit, and seems like more all the time.

But the wife has ask me to stick with one or two hobbies and get rid of some of the others, and I can tell you that CDing isn't one of the ones that I'm getting rid of anytime soon.

Tanya

Missy Tanya
06-05-2011, 11:06 PM
I've explain my CDing to the support group as a Hobby more than once. Most of the members are either post op, or living as a woman 24/7. They just have a harder time understanding that I would like to dress up, but never go any farther. Now they are supportive and I'm treated just like one of the girls. But back to my currant hobby, yes it is consuming, expensive, and involves a hole bunch of time. But I'm worth it, and having a ball. So since I'm not hurting anyone, my wife supports me, and I have the time and money, I'm dressing more all the time. Besides my other 25 or so hobbies are still out there, and I find that Tanya can participate in many of them too. I do find myself thinking of what to do this weekend, and Tanya is the first thing I think of doing, so yes I think of her quite a bit, and seems like more all the time.

But the wife has ask me to stick with one or two hobbies and get rid of some of the others, and I can tell you that CDing isn't one of the ones that I'm getting rid of anytime soon.

Tanya

rocketscientist
06-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Interesting query. For me personally, my dressing is a fluid thing. It ebbs and flows at different times, seemingly helping me at those times I most need it, and subsiding somewhat when my priorities MUST be elsewhere. That being said, I find that dressing desires lately have definitely been taking over my thought processes. Now I do things with my dressing foremost in my mind. I don't eat fatty foods like I used to and I am exercising regularly. Now, I know, I should probably do this anyway, but I do it now to SPECIFICALLY look better in my female presentation. Hugs, Tonya

Sophie86
06-05-2011, 11:42 PM
It brings out a side of me that I have tended to suppress. A set of feelings and behaviors that I associate with femininity, and have therefore tried to cover up in order to appear more manly. It is also, as others have described it, a pleasant sensual experience. I enjoy the pink fog.

Kate Simmons
06-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Where does it fit? Around size 16 Hon.:battingeyelashes::)

Stephanie47
06-06-2011, 12:54 PM
If I had the opportunity I would be en femme 24/7 except for times when it would be absolutely necessary to dress as a male or if I just want to let my guy side dominate. When I sign off I have to move some top soil around the yard, so the dress and heels have to go!

christina s
06-06-2011, 01:30 PM
It's an escape from my male life and the stresses that come with it .

Sarasometimes
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Wherever and whenever I can find the time. Soon it will be much more difficult with all of the family around, but atleast the weather is nice.

MsKimiko
06-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I find my crossdressing is a slight hobby. I have invest money in the hobby in the efforts to make myself more beautiful but due to the rarity of me actually fully dressing it is not very high on my priority standards. However I'd say I do think about it atleast once a day.

RylieCD
06-06-2011, 01:41 PM
I wouldnt consider it a hoppy as it is part of who I am. I use to plan my day around dressing, put things off because I didnt want to change back in to my society acceptable clothes. I still try to hide but trying to do more while i dress and try not to let the female clothes to get in the way of what needs to be done,

Misti
06-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Nathalie (#21) you hit the nail right on the cuticle. I agree the clothes are nice but yep at this stage it is kinda pointless to stay home and dress. Hey a girl always wants to show off a new dress

Unlike you Staci (#23), I "don't even have a dress" I can wear around my SO, albeit, she is "all for, fully understanding and supporting of" my 24/7 feminine attire wearing around the house and out, up to, but not including the head. I haven't been able to advance that far yet, but it is coming, slowly but surely. Considering that Misti had her first (and only) make-over only last Dec. (SO doesn't know that), all three (3) of us (ie. male me/female me/SO) have come a very long way in a very short time span. The "head" transformation and full regalia 24/7 is next on the agenda. :daydreaming:

That said, I have come to the point where dressing is all time-consumming, and all-important to me. I have the time now, like other retirees here on the forum to do this full-time, and I'm now like the vulture high up on the limb telling her vulture friend, "Patience my ass, I'm going to kill something!" I've got CD cabin fever BAD, BAD, BAD, and since it's summertime in Vegas, the city is calling, and I must answer, or I'll go crazy. :devil:

I guess that answers the question. Now, to get results, Aye. that's the rub. Love, M.

ginafaye
06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
its my favorite thing to do...but its just at home for the wife and me

Ruth
06-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Where does it fit...well basically I just spend part of my time dressing and presenting as a female. Whilst en femme I carry on doing the stuff that takes up my life, so it's not exactly a question of fitting - the implication in the post is that your other life is somehow 'on hold' while you CD. But dressing the alternative way for some of the time is just a part of life, and seems to be necessary to keep me happy and healthy, just like eating meals and going to the bathroom.

Loni
06-06-2011, 03:31 PM
it is part of me, the biggest part of my life.
about to through away some male clothing just to open up more space in the closet for Loni's things.
and if i can find the right dresser/wardrobe cabinet.

Janine cd
06-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm with Staci.G I love dressing up, but have to wait until my wife is away. She does not approve but knows about it. Any opportunity to dress in a moment sent from heaven.

t-girlxsophie
06-07-2011, 06:16 AM
It's a lot more than a "hobby" to me,It is very much a large part of my life,and of who I am.It's Not as all consuming as perhaps it could have been,being that I dont spend money that We don't have on stuff like Hip and Bum Pads,gaffs etc nor do I spend vast fortunes on waxings etc I know my limits.I would be neglecting other Important things in my life too e.g.Family if I let it become all consuming.I am extremely happy with the amount of time I get to dress and my Wifes acceptance of Sophie,I know Im damn lucky in both those respects.

I would say probably following my Soccer team is more of a hobby,though that can be an expensive business too

Sophie