PDA

View Full Version : Passing not required, but when it happens it feels so good!

Amanda22
06-05-2011, 11:14 PM
My wife and I had a girl's night out last night. She wore a really pretty salmon-colored dress, pearls, and wedge heels. She was beautiful, as always. I wore a monochromatic skirt and top set with super-cute red flats. It seemed to flatter my appearance.

Anyhow, it had been a couple of months since we'd been out as girlfriends due to work schedules and being worn out when we did have time to play. My confidence was definitely eroding. I thought it best to "jump into the deep end of the pool" so I suggested we go to one of our favorite places that knows us as a male/female couple. It's kind of expensive and dressy and I like that.

I genuinely think I passed to everyone we encountered, from the hostess to other diners. Well, with the exception of our waiter who read me when I spoke, but he was very courteous. The hostess addressed us twice as "ladies". We were seated in a main pathway and lots of people walked by us with myself having the most prominent seat. Lots of eye contact made with other diners and waiters/waitresses, but no stares or double-takes at all, and I always get at least one stare.

My wife gets so tired of me worrying about passing; she keeps telling me, "why wouldn't you pass?? You're a pretty girl with great clothes and makeup. What else is anyone going to think??" She swears she isn't just telling me this because she loves me, and I'm starting to believe her. She really does speak her mind to me on everything, which is a quality I adore. She tells me I'll be the last person to really accept that I'm attractive. She's right, of course.

It was so wonderful to pass for a very nice dinner out. I don't mean to say it's a requirement for all of us to pass, but wow, it sure feels so nice when it happens!

AllieSF
06-05-2011, 11:19 PM
I know exactly what you are saying. It is wonderful to be out and just be treated how you are dressed knowing that you are read occasionally does not spoil the moment. It is even greater when you go back to the same place where you have been dressed before and the staff remembers you when you don't remember them. I love that situation. The more I go out the more that happens. Thanks for sharing.

Amanda22
06-05-2011, 11:27 PM
It is even greater when you go back to the same place where you have been dressed before and the staff remembers you when you don't remember them. I love that situation.

Allie, I haven't had that happen yet, but I see how that would feel very special. It's funny; I don't want to blend so well that I'm invisible yet I don't want to stick out as a "guy in a dress." I would just like to be noticed as a pretty girl once in a while, and as you said, remembered. For my whole life, I always just wanted to be pretty. That sounds so vain, but it's the truth.

AllieSF
06-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Not vain at all. Believe your wife and go for it. Frequent some nice restaurants and be very friendly and talkative with the staff. They will love you, remember you, and say hello every time you come in to eat. You also accomplish another goal for all of us without really trying. That is getting out in front of people, talking with them and then letting them realize that that person in the dress is really nice and not a threat to me. The compliments, Ma'am's and hello's and welcome back's are just frosting on the cake!

Sarasometimes
06-06-2011, 07:30 AM
I heartily agree. One of most memorable outtings was to none other than a hair salon for a set and style and just before I left i used the ladiesroom. As i'm paying, Melissa the receptionist whispers "I have to tell you, the lady in the next chair just admitted she had no idea until you spoke. She also just asked for a perm the next time because she laved your hair." Now this was in a well lit salon and she was right next to me. It is those pleasant surprises that make all the difference, great thread!

Tina B.
06-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Amanda, if that is you in your avatar, and if you really do look like that, girl listen you your wife, I don't know what you could do to make that look any better, and yes she is right, you make a very pretty woman.
Tina B.

kimdl93
06-06-2011, 07:46 AM
I can - at this point- only imagine how nice it feels to be able to go out fully decked out to enjoy the world outside the confines of home. Even to blend in w/o attracting attention must be great.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your lovely & supportive wife.

MsKimiko
06-06-2011, 09:15 AM
That's so awesome. Not only to be able to go out fully en femme but also to have a wife who accepts and also helps take you out. You are quite the lucky lady