PDA

View Full Version : A CD Dream

Kim_Bitzflick
06-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Last night I dreamed I was out and about presenting as a girl, but wearing mainly guy clothing. I had in my breast forms that are as you see in my avatar. I was in a park with my friend and someone started making fun of me (I can't remember what was said). My friend stuck up for me and we left, but I felt bad. Then I was walking along a street feeling sad and the dream ended.

This is only the second CD dream I have ever had. I just thought I'd share.

SherriePall
06-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Kim -- I am not a certified dream interpreter, but it could mean that you have a good friend who will defend your right to CD to the end.
I am sure others here will be more able to help you out.

suzy1
06-06-2011, 12:07 PM
At least you have had a dream about C.D.ing. I am still waiting for my first.
I have tried eating cheese just before going to bed but it never works.

MsKimiko
06-06-2011, 12:14 PM
I am sorry to hear your dream ended so bad. But as Sherrie said you have a friend who is there to back u through it all so that is something positive to take from it ^_^

Sophie86
06-06-2011, 12:26 PM
I had a very weird dream last night about something totally unrelated to crossdressing, but in the dream I just happened to be dressed as Sophie. That's a first. In the past, if I was dressed in a dream, then the dream was about being dressed.

Sheren Kelly
06-06-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm not a psychologist, but you may consider that the friend in your dream who stuck up fo you is YOU! That is to say you are coming to peace whith who you are.

My therapist was more interested in the emotional content of my dreams than any theme. Being sad may be part of the recognition that even if we accept ourselves, we cannot force others to accept us, and we will struggle to find that acceptance.

christina s
06-06-2011, 01:54 PM
I had a crossdressing dream last night as well . I came out to this girl i've known for a while and she was very accepting and took me out to buy my first outfit . Now if that could only happen in real life ......

VioletJourney
06-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't believe in dream interpretation. Psychology is science but dream interpretation has very little scientific merit.

I have had CD dreams before though. Shortly before I came out to my mom, I dreamed that she took me shopping and bought me all the clothes I wanted.

Julogden
06-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Now that I think about it, I usuallyhave no idea what I'm wearing in my dreams, as I never see myself, with a few rare exceptions when I've had dreams in which I was aware of being crossdressed, or even more rare, dreams in which I was female.

Carol

dutch-anita
06-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I've had crossdressing dreams before, always dressed but male face and sometimes hairy legs....(I do not have hairy legs in daytime.... so I think I am a joke lol
one time I was looking in the mirror and there was a nice girl with long dark hair looking back at me. that was the best dream ever.

larry
06-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Well did she ? How cool that would be !!
I don't believe in dream interpretation. Psychology is science but dream interpretation has very little scientific merit.

I have had CD dreams before though. Shortly before I came out to my mom, I dreamed that she took me shopping and bought me all the clothes I wanted.

VioletJourney
06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Well did she ? How cool that would be !!
Sorta. She gave me money to buy some clothes myself.

sissystephanie
06-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I had a CD dream before I told my late wife I was a CD. I did tell her when we got engaged! In the dream, she said she wanted to buy me some really pretty longerie. What really happened was she asked me if I would wear white silk lingerie matching her to the wedding!! I said yes, and we did!! Not a dream, just a great happening!!

The_Juggler
06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
On a scientific level, dreams are just your interpretation a random firing of memories while you are unconscious.
It only has whatever meaning you assign to it.
And you typically dream about whatever recent events you have experienced, or recent thoughts you have had.

That aside, it's nice to have a good dream like this. I don't dream very often (heh, I don't sleep very often) but somehow I wake up in a pretty good mood when I have a pleasant dream like this.
Good to hear it

Shananigans
06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
And you typically dream about whatever recent events you have experienced, or recent thoughts you have had.

I agree with everything you have said except this part. I can ASSURE you that not all of my dreams are things I have thought about recently. And, scientists are never quite sure what to say about reoccurring dreams. I have a dream several times a month (I keep a dream diary) that goes about the same way. The people and places change, but it's the same dream. I will be somewhere, playing with my tooth with my tongue. All of sudden, the tooth comes out. Then, I notice more are loose. I tell the person that i am with that my tooth fell out and they aren't concerned. They usually just say I can get dentures. I am always horrified and try to contact or go to the dentist...the dentist is always closed or busy. My teeth inevitably come out by the masses.

I hate assigning meaning to dreams (as in you dream of an alligator and so it is symbolic of XYZ event in your life), but it's hard to say we just dream about things that have happened to us recently or it's just random firing of neurons. Why reoccurring dreams?

I think it might have to do with your subconscious feelings to a degree. And, I think with complicated things (such as CDing and passing in public), you often want a defender or someone on your side. Someone to stick up for what you are doing, if you might not be able to do it yourself. I think maybe the OP has issues with dressing in public and might think that she would feel better if she had a friend in public who might be there for her. Perhaps her mind is working out a scenario where she undergoes confrontation and then has someone help her deal with it.

(Note on gender pronouns: Quite a few people have said recently that they do not want to be referred to as "she" or "her." I am addressing the OP as "she" because she has a girl name and looks like a woman in her photo. Sorry to the OP if this is not what you would prefer. However, it gets really confusing when people look like women in their photos, have femme names, and want to be called a "he." Side note ended).

"Mary"
06-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Dream on Kim. I have cd dreams every week or so.

docrobbysherry
06-06-2011, 08:16 PM
That's a GOOD CDing dream, Kim!

In the BAD ONES, it's your friends that r making fun of u!

busker
06-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Last night I dreamed I was out and about presenting as a girl, but wearing mainly guy clothing. I had in my breast forms that are as you see in my avatar. I was in a park with my friend and someone started making fun of me (I can't remember what was said). My friend stuck up for me and we left, but I felt bad. Then I was walking along a street feeling sad and the dream ended.

This is only the second CD dream I have ever had. I just thought I'd share.

These was a great program on NOVA I think called "what are dreams?" It turns out that dreams are practise for what we do in our waking hours. Scientists tested both animals and humans in various ways and the dreams were time spent perfecting the things that were being worked on during waking hours. There was a skier practising a very difficult run and they hooked up some mice to electrodes and had them run mazes. They were also able to record the actions in the mazes and so during the sleep hours, they could actually follow the mouse working out the maze in his dreams.
so, perhaps you are working out how to come out in public and how you will respond to comments.
If you are a Netflix user, the program is available through them. It is very fascinating how they are finally getting to interpret our dreams for real. No more Freudian interpretations--e.g everything is sex related.

Sarah Doepner
06-07-2011, 12:30 AM
I like Busker's response Kim. I sometimes try to fall asleep with the start of a CD dream in my head and see where it takes me. The same thing on waking, where if I have the idea in mind, I'll try to fall back into a specific type of dream and let my subconscious take over.

I also like the suggestion that Caphill Kelly made, that is the person who is supporting your crossdressing is you. It may or may not be, but you are the one who has to integrate the meaning into your life. You can choose to make it a wonderful dream or a sad one, it's your choice.

Kim_Bitzflick
06-07-2011, 06:59 AM
........ I think maybe the OP has issues with dressing in public and might think that she would feel better if she had a friend in public who might be there for her. Perhaps her mind is working out a scenario where she undergoes confrontation and then has someone help her deal with it.

(Note on gender pronouns: Quite a few people have said recently that they do not want to be referred to as "she" or "her." I am addressing the OP as "she" because she has a girl name and looks like a woman in her photo. Sorry to the OP if this is not what you would prefer. However, it gets really confusing when people look like women in their photos, have femme names, and want to be called a "he." Side note ended).

Shannon,

I do have some issues with dressing in public. I don't get to do it as much as I would like. I am concerned about certain people finding out (some due to possible rejection from family others to do with work). Maybe I am trying to deal with that. If I had to say, I think the defender in my dream is my wife. She has defended my male self (my brother insulted me in front of her when I wasn't there and she told me later) and she is very protective when we go out together while I am female.

As for pronouns, I like being called she/her/girl. I try my best to look and act female and your statement says I'm getting there. Please keep it up.

Kim