PDA

View Full Version : Old Friends/New Friends

Staci G
06-06-2011, 10:37 PM
I went to the house of an old friend today I have known for a few years. He and his partner were home and I told them I was coming and you may need to be sitting when I get there. I arrived about 8:30 they were expecting Bill to show up but the shock in their face was priceless when Staci stepped out. We talked for 2 and a half hours about why, and where I stoood in my feminine life. They were awesome telling me how different and pretty I looked and they would never recognise me if they saw Staci on the street. It was exhilerating and I have a sense of freedom after being with someone that had only known Bill. I invited them to the forum to read some posts that may explain the way we feel and why we do what we do. I can only explain myself I cant speak for anyone else. Thanks ya'll for all the ears we bend (sort of) and advise we receive from those that want to help. xoxoxo

GMCD
06-06-2011, 10:40 PM
That's awesome! So glad you have such understanding friends who accept you for who you are. We all need and we all need to be friends like that more in this world.

Much love!

docrobbysherry
06-07-2011, 12:10 AM
U R SO BRAVE, Staci! You're my NEW HEROINE! Seriously, I wish I had the guts to do that!

Sarah Doepner
06-07-2011, 12:16 AM
That is wonderful. I feel that I have friends who would respond the same to me IF I ever decided to share this with them, but still don't have the confidence, desire or need to do that. I hope if the time comes that they will be as supportive as your friends. Good for you Staci! Carry on!

Danni Renee
06-07-2011, 03:55 AM
I am so happy for you! My friends would likely throw me out the door. It is nice to know there are other accepting people out there though.

noeleena
06-07-2011, 05:22 AM
Hi,

Sounds so neat when you do have real friends that dont care what you look like or wear. & more so when they have not seen you any other way till that time . this is of cause about being accepted as you are.

...noeleena...

erickka
06-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Too cool! It is such a blessing to have people like them in our lives.

t-girlxsophie
06-07-2011, 05:44 AM
A Brave decision Staci,and I'm so happy for you that it worked out as well As it did.Very commendable too your friends reactions towards you.

Sophie

Jenny Doolittle
06-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Such Great Friends!

I, just this week, felt the need to tell my oldest college buddy about Jenny. He was having some personal difficulties and asking my opinion as a true friend. We spoke most of the afternoon as we walked around the Memorial golf tourney. Toward the end of the day as he bared his soul to me I felt I was selling him short by not being totally honest with who I really was inside..... So I told him of Jenny.

It was a bit of a shock for him, and he became quite. I was really concerned that I had made a mistake and asked him if we were still ok because he was so quite. He said "I am just processing" He said, "Heck yes we are ok! We have been friend for 35 years" "It is all making since now..." I asked what? He replied, "As we were looking at all the ladies today, I was looking and commenting on how the girls looked, you were commenting mostly on their clothes!" We Both laughed, and he said "I was pretty taken back that you knew about putting foundation on my nose to hide a sun burn scab."

As we ended the day we hugged each other promising to get together soon to play golf and enjoy each others company.

Yes, It is wonderful to have good friends.