PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to try RLT for a week?

Paula_56
06-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I have always wanted to spend a week or even a month as a woman. I'd love to have the opportunity to work in my field or something related, as a transgendered woman. In my day dream I would move to another city for a while, get or share an apartment, and try life as a woman.

Realizing that people would know that I am a transgendered woman, but spending the time living, working, building relationships.

I enjoy my days spent enfemme, but they don't seem to be enough lately.

Does anyone feel the same way?

GMCD
06-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Did it for three years. After about a month, it just became normal. By the end of the third year it was a chore to contort and coerce this mostly male body into the bright, young 20-something girl I was living as then. For the most part, once the initial thrill/fear/nerves wear off, you simply adjust to your life albeit in women's clothes. In time, the clothes become unimportant and the identity becomes unimportant, you simply live, work, try to have a home life, and do what everybody else does. There's just as much boredom, loneliness, hurt and happiness, fun, and friends when you're living as a woman as their is when you live as a man.

In short, it's your approach to life and living that make any day good or bad, sad or fulfilling. What you wear as you approach life certainly affects how much and what kind of effort you're going to put into living, but it all becomes everyday life eventually and who you always have been is who you will always be regardless of your outer appearance.

That's just my experience. Those years were good and they were bad and they were normal in spite of how abnormal they may seem to the average person living an average life.

Much love!

StaceyJane
06-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Yes, I know how you feel. even though I have started HRT, RLT is still a ways off for me.

Paula_56
06-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks what an insightful answer, what a great expereince, to have been able to live and see life from that perspective

StacyCD
06-07-2011, 01:06 PM
I am not interested in transitions--my dressing is only part-time recreational! However, I would love the opportunity to live fully dressed for a week. I have hoped to attend one of the gender conventions which would be a safe environment.

Sophie86
06-07-2011, 01:14 PM
In short, it's your approach to life and living that make any day good or bad, sad or fulfilling. What you wear as you approach life certainly affects how much and what kind of effort you're going to put into living, but it all becomes everyday life eventually and who you always have been is who you will always be regardless of your outer appearance.

That's a lot of wisdom packed into one short paragraph.

I think a week would be a fun vacation, and I would really enjoy it. Full time would be like working at Disney World. After awhile, it would be just another job. By the end of a month dressing full time, I wouldn't have magically become "Sophie", I would just be the everyday me wearing a dress.

Paula_56
06-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't have magically become "Sophie", I would just be the everyday me wearing a dress.

I often wonder, if transitoned transgendered women, after a number of years, look in the mirror and feel that magic still?

suchacutie
06-07-2011, 01:22 PM
This is the "million-dollar question" after all: How do we really want our feminine and masculine lives to interact? I could see a week being fun, but more as a Tina vacation. For the long haul it might be better, in my mind, to have 3 or 4 days in each gender as that would be enough time to accomplish some goal in each gender before moving on to the other!

Having said that, I think that all the posters so far have made it clear that as life in one gender or the other becomes a norm, perspective changes, and so would how the two genders are treated :)

tina

kristinacd55
06-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Well, you would certainly find out, or get more insight into, if you want to transition totally if you did it.

Nicole Erin
06-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Yeah like GMCD said - well I could repeat all that but it is true.

I will reiterate tho that it becomes more of a chore than anything.

You just kind of quit caring about the clothes and makeup. I mean once in a while it is still nice to get pretty like for a date or whatever but yeah mostly it is like "So what?"

And interesting she pointed out about "identity". By the time you are "full time" or whatever, you really do quit obsessing about identity. If you pass, great, if not, oh well. Yeah getting called "he" is sometimes annoying but it doesn't shatter your whole world after a while like it would in the beginning.

On any given day you will find me in shorts and a tee. Maybe a pretty shorts and tee but COMFORT becomes the name of the game.

CD's envy full time TS. "Oh they are lucky to do this all the time".

Well let me tell you my TS perspective - I envy the CDs cause they can still enjoy dressing and all that. I WISH I could still get a rush out of all the "firsts" and the monthly TG meetings but these days, it is like, "yeah whatever".
For the TG here who wish they could do it for a whole week, month, lifetime, etc - You ain't missing anything.

When you turned 21 and could legally buy beer, that was cool at first but after a point it is like, "Yeah whatever, I am buying beer".

Wendy_Marie
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
A week..No! A Month No...A Year No...A Lifetime...? Or what is still left of it....YES!

countrygirl
06-07-2011, 04:43 PM
I would love to be able to dress and stay dressed as a female for a month or more. Part of me is now wondering if I am a transseaxual not just a crossdresser.

Tara D. Rose
06-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I would love to be en femme or dressed as Tara for a whole week. It's so relaxing and it also seems so natural for me. But being married, and for my wife's sake, I only dress or am Tara about once every two weeks or so...........love & respect..Tara

Genivieve
06-07-2011, 05:15 PM
It seems that one of the big problems mentioned is "forcing" the male body to appear feminine. Real girls go out looking plain and frumpy all the time yet most have a unified identity as female. I''m sure when a girl dresses its not a rush like Cd's get but just a way of spiffing up and feeling pretty. I don't get too much of a rush from dressing anymore. It just seems to fit who I am and what I want to be. Genetics and reality contradict it. I think it would be nice if I was a true female in Los angeles today frumpy, sexy, or whatever. I feel that it suits me. I can't debate those who have gone all the way though. You clearly know more than I do. All this is just conjecture.

Leslie Langford
06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Hi Paula,

My wife will be going out of town for about 5 days at the end of the month for a trip down memory lane with other family members to reconnect with former friends and acquaintances in the town were she was born and grew up in.

That's as close as I will get in the short term for any semblance of a RLT experience, but I plan to make the most of it - mani/pedi (and I can even keep the polish on this time!), makeover, and remaining fully en femme the whole time. I might even work up the courage to have a professional photo shoot done if time and finances permit. :heehee:

My only concern is how well my face will stand up to the repeated uber close shaving all that will entail...:eek:

Kate Simmons
06-07-2011, 06:39 PM
The only way I would consider it is if I didn't have to shave twice a day. That tends to get in your way.:)

Karren H
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I've done 3 or 4 days full time enfemme and it is way too much like work! lol

NathalieX66
06-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I could do a whole week. :battingeyelashes:

The three & a half days Thurs/fri/sat/sun) I was at the Keystone Conference in Harrisburg, Pa. last March en femme was so much fun, I left the hotel and drove the 3 hour drive home en femme, and when I finally changed to my civilian clothes to go to work Monday morning, I felt really depressed.

Sally24
06-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Even though I average 3 or 4 events as Sally a month I find often that its not enough. The longest I have gone dressed is 3-4days. Yes, its a little like work toward the end, but you know why? Most of the stress comes from removing the hair and working at making this male body look female. With those items removed from the equation it would be much more enjoyable in the long term. Would I wear skirts and dresses every day? Of course not. Neither would I just go for comfort and ditch the makeup. I enjoy looking good even if I'm not dressed to the nines. I'm not easily jaded. Things that I love and enjoy don't lose their sparkle for me when I do them more often, or every day.

I know at some point that I'll be semi retired. Then I would like to try a few weeks or a month as Sally. Maybe I'll be done with electrolysis by then.:devil:

Cheryl T
06-07-2011, 09:19 PM
I would love to try it for a week. I've actually discussed this with my spouse and she's been receptive to us taking a vacation somewhere that I could try it 24/7 for a week. I'm not looking to make it permanent, but it would be great to experience that amount of time without the need to revert to my male self. I'd be able to get my nails done for the trip and just let go for a week...we'll see.

Jennifer in CO
06-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Like GMCD, I did it for almost 5 years and as she said, after a month or so, it just became "normal"...fun...a fantisy...a dream come true...but normal. After about 4 or 5 months, everyone treated me just like a GG (especially new employees who didn't know I wasn't a GG) and in all honesty, I considered myself a girl...just something extra. About 6 months after I transitioned, I got a promotion that required me to "dress" for work every day...dresses, skirts...rarely a pant suit..so it became a chore...one that I did enjoy but it was still work to look "pretty" everyday. Hormones took care of any shaving...except the legs and underarms...But in any case, it was life as usual just from the female perspective. For the most part, I was the "girl" in my marriage as my wife rarely wore anything but jeans and t-shirts or sweat shirts. The hard part was when I transitioned back to male...to me thinking like a "guy" was VERY difficult to do and took a long time before I felt I thought/responded as a ""guy" would in situations (to me anyway) - lots of other comments but the gist is there....

Jenn

Loni
06-08-2011, 12:23 AM
i would love to be given the chance to live as loni non stop for a year or ?
but i need a job that pays.
i do get the chance soon to be loni for a good four or five days non stop. out in the big bold world even. some places pro trans-gendered, some not ... not a hateful place but just out as a lady for the day.

now if only i could get my voice to be right.

jeri1973
06-08-2011, 12:36 AM
I would in a heartbeat. If I could get up in the morning and live either the next month or year as a woman I would and would not even think twice about it. As I have already said in a an earlier post, I'm starting thearpy next week so I'm thinking I might get the chance to do some RLT soon ( I HOPE!)

sometimes_miss
06-08-2011, 02:07 AM
After about a month, it just became normal. By the end of the third year it was a chore to contort and coerce this mostly male body into the bright, young 20-something girl I was living as then. For the most part, once the initial thrill/fear/nerves wear off, you simply adjust to your life albeit in women's clothes. In time, the clothes become unimportant and the identity becomes unimportant, you simply live, work, try to have a home life, and do what everybody else does. There's just as much boredom, loneliness, hurt and happiness, fun, and friends when you're living as a woman as their is when you live as a man.

That pretty much sums up what I suspected. So, no, I'll pass on living as a tg old ugly woman. Unless magically I could be a real one......a real, young, pretty one.

Beth-Lock
06-08-2011, 03:45 AM
Life in the opposite gender is not a bowl of cherries though, as some might assume. Ask me how I know!

Phyliss
06-08-2011, 04:03 AM
Last Oct I had the opportunity for 10 days of "full time" , albeit in a "safe enviroment" among other Ladies. By day 7, I was tired of all the work involved and the shaving. Actually took a one day "boy" vacation.
I thought I might be looked down upon for this, but what surprised me was that there were a number of the other girls doing and thinking the same thing.
Felt good to return on day 8.

Suzie S.
06-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Sure, I'd love to spend a week or a month dressed as I please. It would be a great experience since I only get a few hours a week in reality! :daydreaming:

Joanagreenleaf
06-08-2011, 05:23 AM
I appreciate the honesty of many of the answers here; it's not a bowl of cherries and it does become a chore after a while. It's nice to have a choice.

My wife's comments recently about the CD busted/nearly busted wearing lipstick was that she doesn't think much about make-up at all since she's been using it about forty-five years by now, "It's just part of my daily routine. I do it to "look" like "me," I suppose, but mostly it's just a habit like brushing my teeth in the morning - I just don't feel right in the morning without taking all the usual steps."

Sexy and exciting stuff, huh?

And so it goes with all things, most of the time.

WendyH
06-08-2011, 06:14 AM
I spent a week en femme while on vacation. Similar to what others have said, it just became a chore after a while. Most of all the shaving--major permanent hair removal would be crucial if one were to live as a woman for an extended span. It actually was a relief at the end of the week to go back to boy mode--not just because of the extra hair removal, daily makeup, etc., but because I felt like I had to suppress part of my identity to become Wendy, just like I feel like I have to suppress my feminine side when I'm in everyday male mode. Before that experience, I was pretty sure I wasn't TS, but afterward it really confirmed it for me.

noeleena
06-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi,

The real life can be a wake up call if you dont really know with in your self who you are dressing is cool even only for short times no probs. even longer sounds good. if you are a woman & or part of you is then how you work through that will depend on many factors if your closed down & your time is not for a number of years then it can be hard .
how you accept your self will depend on you.
My life was one of learning & with out that i would not be where i am now i am stronger because of that time,

If you like iv had two quite different lives yet thats because of how i was perceved tho really for me im am still the same person just able to express more of who i am.

My address to a lot of people was what its like liveing as a woman who is different . much of that has been noted in the posts i meet many people & have many friends i interact with people as a daily part of my life. is it boreing only if you allow your life to be that way. my life is not a chore no way . this is the best part of my life ,

We Jos & i had a hell to go through done that it started just over 14 years ago. my growing started then as being a woman tho i have allways been female yes intersex. my life is fantasic i dont have any restrctions no fear of not being accepted justmy life is one of happyness you know its just so lovely so neat even many of my male friends who i'v known over the years accept me as none other than a woman in my own right. what more can i say. .

Come out with me & youll see i have a full life one that involves so many people & i meet more people where ever i go.
So then this is my life as a kiwi woman who's been given respect & accepted for who i am,

...noeleena...

Kaitlyn Michele
06-08-2011, 07:17 AM
I often wonder, if transitoned transgendered women, after a number of years, look in the mirror and feel that magic still?

hi paula...some folks might bristle at "real life test for a week" as a concept...but i know what you are getting at ...

I felt the magic for many years... i loved putting the finishing touches on my mascara for example..and stepping back to see the wig just right on my head...
i transitioned....the "magic" totally and completely disappears.
However, the result is fantastic, it is better than magic, it is REAL..and it is the peace and knowledge of feeling like a whole authentic person...it is a huge relief...

having had all the surgeries i do not miss one opportunity to look at myself in the mirror with satisfaction...it's interesting that i rarely look down at my privates though..when i look at my body, i look at my whole body and just "feel right"..

the being "treated as a woman" part would kill you if you are not transsexual..you would hate it..and don't forget that at least half of the RLT is learning how to cope with your femaleness and how to relate back to people....and it takes a very long time to learn that..

BillieJoEllen
06-08-2011, 11:19 AM
I've had the opportunity to CD for extended periods of time on a number of different ocassions. Every time I had to switch back I cried like a little baby. I just hated the thought of going back.