PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite makeup brand?

clarissa3d
08-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Ok we talk about clothes shoes and odities but what brand of makeup do you find is the best?

:p

KewTnCurvy GG
08-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Hmmmmm, like the new avatar, the sign of mecury--changeable. :)
Anyhow, makeup brands, ya asking kew? Nows you're in trouble. Here's my listy:

Foundation: Liquid=Lancome, Loose or Pressed Powder=Clinique
Powder Foundation=bareEscentuals

Blush: Smashbox

Eyeshadow/Liner: Clinique, bareEscentuals, Smashbox

Mascara: Pout or bareEscentuals Glamour Lash Mascara (which prently I only get from ebay)

Lipstick: Clinique, bareEscentuals, Revlon

Nailpolish: OPI, China Glaze

This about covers it for now, though I have tons of it. Truly I'm a nut in this area. :p

Really do like your new avatar!

hugs
kew

clarissa3d
08-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Hehe Kew, some how I new I could get you first...

Thank you.

Just curious have you used lipfinity from maxfactor?

KewTnCurvy GG
08-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Sure, have several tubes and Cover Girl's version of same product. I like but very drying. I prefer to use a lipstain and then sheer lipstick over. Effects are beautiful me thinks (effects not me, k?) Anyhow, recommend philosophy or vicent longo for lipstain (can find both at Sephora or the first one at drugstore.com). Then use sheer lipstick over. *sigh* Me loves! he he he

hugs
kew

Amelie
08-27-2004, 10:15 AM
I use Cover Girl Make-up the most. But I will try whatever is on sale.
I don't know the name of the make-up, but I also use the dark colors, lipstick and shadows, that these online goth stores sell.

www.goodgoth.com

Love Amelie

Glenda
08-28-2004, 04:39 PM
I recently purchased Cover Girl Tru Blend and have been quite satisfied. I also have some Max Factor which I liked and a lot of my girlfriends use as well. Both seem to cover nicely for long hours if you shave properly before applying. I haven't tried any from the department stores yet.

clarissa3d
08-28-2004, 06:45 PM
How do I get this thread moved over to the MTF forum. I boobooed and started this on the FTM forum

wupsie
:rolleyes:

Glenda
08-28-2004, 07:18 PM
I think you must ask a moderator move the thread for you. I accidentally switched forums as well before I realized it.

krissydfan
12-14-2004, 08:20 PM
hmmm... let see....

well it doesnt really matter to me what brand i use since i mainly buy some from eckerds, rite aid, wal-mart, walgreens, etc... but i like max factor anything. but like i said it dun matter what brand i use, ill usually look up ending tarty :p

but the mrs doesnt mind as long as i dont ruin her clothes with it on :p

Donna Louise
12-23-2004, 06:17 AM
Most of what I use is Loreal. I like their line reducing, lifting products. I do have others and have tried many others. Loreal seems to work the best for me. Although the Loreal lipsticks transfer badly. Especially on glasses and cups. They are limited some on eyeshadow selections though. I have sevearal Cover Girl shadows and a little case with about 100 diff shades.

Donna Louise

Julie
12-23-2004, 07:07 AM
I tend to prefer Revlon and Clinique products but have deviated if I really like the look of something.

JJ

Celeste GG
12-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Oooo Clinique and Revlon girl here too. Dermablend for some friends.

With make up less is more, sometimes. Unless I want a goth look.

Vickie-CD
12-23-2004, 08:03 AM
I really like a lot of what Revlon has to offer, but a lot of the time I have to settle with what I can afford. Cosmetics can be soooooo expensive.
Vickie :)

Rachelle A
12-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Stagelight and Dior....

Rachel Ann
12-26-2004, 05:51 PM
I really like a lot of what Revlon has to offer, but a lot of the time I have to settle with what I can afford. Cosmetics can be soooooo expensive.
Vickie :)
For me, Revlon's a good compromise between price and quality. Remember, the markup on cosmetics is insane (a lipstick is about 25 cents' worth of grease and dye :p )

btw great thread but why is it in the FtM folder?