PDA

View Full Version : Crashing a drag show

silhouette
06-09-2011, 11:28 PM
How pissed would those divas be if I showed up at a drag show in my sexiest outfit and stole all of their customers' attention!!!! :battingeyelashes:

:devil:

I would have to bring a big friend so I don't get beat up.

Kate Simmons
06-10-2011, 05:31 AM
Why not just go a step further and perform yourself Hon?:)

Tina B.
06-10-2011, 05:52 AM
What if you tried, and no one paid any attention? After all those girls are pro's.

sherri
06-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Unless you started stripping during the show, I doubt you would distract the audience that much, cuz most of them are there for the performances. But you might get some attention from the mashers.

Barbra P
06-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Several decades ago, more years than I like to think about, my Wife and I used to go to a local Drag Show often enough to get to know one of the performers, the Male MC, and one of the performer’s wives. I showed some of my pictures of me dressed and it was suggested that I should come enfemme. At the time I was strictly in the closet and too shy to go enfemme.

On several occasions there would be a heckler in the audience and they were always put down rather quickly, much to the delight of the audience. As already mentioned, those are Pros on stage and they aren’t going to give up control of the audience easily or without a fight – I doubt that you can steal the audience. I hope you enjoy being the butt of many a joke if you try

Iskandra
06-10-2011, 08:29 AM
One thing I noticed at the few drag shows I've seen, is that they like to have a good time and entertain, AND that they are very good at putting 'hecklers' in their place!
I know you're not a heckler, but they will keep the audience focussed on themselves regardless.. Its their job..

silhouette
06-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Oh I just thought it was a funny concept. You girls are probably right though :)

For the record though I would never heckle someone with a microphone when I don't have one! lol.
It doesn't matter if you're 5x more clever and intelligent, even a little kid will always get the last word when they're amplified and you're not.

Interesting that you ladies don't think they would mind.. I usually get so much attention when i go out i just kinda figured it would bother them to steal some of their lime light =)

kendra_gurl
06-10-2011, 08:35 AM
I have gone to drag shows several times when the performer has came over to my table while she was working the crowd and made comments about my look. Always very nice and polite. Once one of them after noticing the clevage I had created took my hand making me stand up and said to the crowd " Wow this Gurrrrrrrrrl has had some nice work done. Everyone cheered and a few whistles then she moved on to flirt with some others. I'ts really a very safe place to be the showgirl of your dreams if you want.

Daphne Renee
06-10-2011, 08:35 AM
I can only guess that they wouldnt care so much if you came in Femme. I would think that a few might be distracted but most would not. Now if you literally tried to crash the show ,i.e got up on stage , then you might get in a bit of trouble. If you really want to perform however. Just talk to someone in charge they might let you one night.

silhouette
06-10-2011, 08:39 AM
I can only guess that they wouldnt care so much if you came in Femme. I would think that a few might be distracted but most would not. Now if you literally tried to crash the show ,i.e got up on stage , then you might get in a bit of trouble. If you really want to perform however. Just talk to someone in charge they might let you one night.

I've thought about it. I'm a pretty good dancer and all... but I've never been to a drag show where any of the performers where even remotely what i would call sexy...
Feels kinda out of place when I am the only one going for sex appeal

darla_g
06-10-2011, 08:46 AM
You would have to perform and I don't see how that would happen since people paid to see the drag queens on stage. nice thought though

kimdl93
06-10-2011, 09:01 AM
I've never been to one, but I would have to imagine that there are a range of drag shows from the low to high end in terms of talent and appearances. In either case, I would expect that entertainers would welcome your presence and performance if you wer up to it!

the_me
06-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I went to watch one, Ms. Gay Edmonton, dressed up with 3 other CD. It was great fun! I learned the differince between drag and CD that night, that's for sure! All said and done, it was great fun and a memorable experience :)

Highly recommend it!

Nicole Erin
06-10-2011, 01:58 PM
It would be hard to crash a drag show, however, you are a pretty sweet looking lady. I imagine you would get plenty of attention just being there.
I would not ask you to leave MY bed, that is for sure :D

silhouette
06-10-2011, 06:12 PM
It would be hard to crash a drag show, however, you are a pretty sweet looking lady. I imagine you would get plenty of attention just being there.
I would not ask you to leave MY bed, that is for sure :D

Hehe, thanks =p

You would have to perform and I don't see how that would happen since people paid to see the drag queens on stage. nice thought though

I've only been to one show in baltimore.. but they were basically walking around, working the crowd. they weren't up on a stage or anything since it wasn't a pageant
IDK. I'm not that experienced in the area

I went to watch one, Ms. Gay Edmonton, dressed up with 3 other CD. It was great fun! I learned the differince between drag and CD that night, that's for sure! All said and done, it was great fun and a memorable experience :)

Highly recommend it!

Yeah.. that's one thing about performing that bothers me.
Why do all these drag contests have to have "Ms. Gay" in front of them?

You'd think for homosexuals that are used to being discriminated against, they would allow for straight people to compete too??
It's kind of lame. It's like african american only scholarships... like if you're white then for some reason you're not deserving to go to college

Why would I even WANT to win if i have to go around calling myself gay??

Maddie22
06-11-2011, 12:41 PM
When I go out it's usually to gay bars here. Depending on the day their is usually a drag show at one of them, and that is usually the best crowd. Some of the bars have "amateur" night as well, which are usually on an off night, like a Monday, and it draws a pretty good crowd. If you want break in and start performing these are the nights that you'd have to test your skills.

I've never been looked at as trying to "crash" the show. There are some performers that I look better than, and there are some that are absolutely gorgeous that I feel no where near that pretty. Some can pull off the sexy appeal, some are more flamboyant, some are a little more glamor, it all depends are their style.

The pageants are usually just a special event. Some of them are titled "Ms. Gay..." such and such. However not all title's have gay. I think the reason why they do incorporate the gay into the title is that they are trying to represent the total LGBTQ community, and just shorten it to simply gay.

Around here, there are a lot of different "drag queens" Some of them are gay men just performing. However there're a number of performers who are actually transsexual. They live full time as women, and the only time they dress up like that is when they're on stage.

I'm actually surprised that we don't have a few CD's here that don't perform at drag shows. I get asked to do it around here, and I've thought about it a lot. It seems like fun, and since there are so many different types of girls that perform, what's the big deal how I identify on the Transgender spectrum. No matter what, we are all challenging the gender norms.

Duana
06-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I guess the thread was a bit of a joke but the followup posts seem to bolster the idea that it's pure ego.

What would happen if you went to a drag show? Nothing.

I go to them all the time. There are usually 6-10 CDs in the audience, some really hot. Nobody cares. I don't even get the concept.

Karren H
06-11-2011, 02:07 PM
As long as you brought your purse to pay to get in and bought drinks I don't they give a damn who comes to watch them perform... Its their job... Not their hobby! Lol.

msginaadoll
06-11-2011, 02:07 PM
The bar that I go to on Fridays has a Drag Show. There are also a number of us CD's who go there on those nights. The Queens have never been anything other than nice to me, its fun to talk to them before the shows, sometimes as there only halfway made up. Many of them have really fun, and flamboyant personalities.

silhouette
06-11-2011, 06:15 PM
I guess the thread was a bit of a joke but the followup posts seem to bolster the idea that it's pure ego.

What would happen if you went to a drag show? Nothing.

I go to them all the time. There are usually 6-10 CDs in the audience, some really hot. Nobody cares. I don't even get the concept.

cool story bro
maybe no one cares bc you're not worth caring about??

Duana
06-11-2011, 07:37 PM
cool story bro
maybe no one cares bc you're not worth caring about??

You can always tell when you strike a nerve. Nice PM, dude. Have a nice day.

From silhouette
ego

well apparently I can't call you a bitch on the forum, so here's a PM to let you know what I think of you *****bag

silhouette
06-11-2011, 07:41 PM
You can always tell when you strike a nerve. Nice PM, dude. Have a nice day.

:battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes::battingeyelas hes:

Oh heavens no, don't post my PM :roflmao:

As long as you brought your purse to pay to get in and bought drinks I don't they give a damn who comes to watch them perform... Its their job... Not their hobby! Lol.

Really I was just having fun, making a joke and trying to be entertaining.
So many topics on this forum are so serious.

I kinda figured they hid behind the stage and came out 1 at a time for that reason.. so that they didn't have anyone else to compete with for attention.

Staying backstage all night sounds like a total bore though