PDA

View Full Version : the obsession

bomba
06-10-2011, 01:05 AM
When i was a young boy i had on many occations dressed in one or another of my sisters cloths. But as a teenager and into my early adult life i completly forgot about dressing.Off to the army i went and became a lean mean fighting parratrooper.When i got out i played rugby in college.Never a thought of crossdressing.I spent lots of time in the woods canouing and camping.My true joy was the wilderness.Then i married had three kids.Around 40 my desire to dress came plowing back into my heart and soul. So for the last 10 years i have been through all the things you read about in this site.Discovered by wife.Total regection by wife. Purging cloths,denying.Then going out and buying new stuff. I truly love to dress. The feeling of feminity is so amazing. I think about it all the time.And now i realize that it takes up so much of my thoughts, that i have lost track of other things i used to love.I find myself out in the woods surounded by awsome beuity, but thinking of panties, dresses, bras and makeup.It makes me believe that the badest thing about crossdressing is not that its wrong, or wierd. But that it pushs other good things out of your mind, so that you think of dressing all the time.DOES ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE FEEL THIS ALSO.I would love some advise.or just your thoughts.

joanna4
06-10-2011, 02:11 AM
It became a norm to me soon after halloween before my 18th birthday. Im almost 21 and it had been a huge part of my life and money. I still have a long way to go. Yes I do think about it all the time and it puts me into a state of ecstacy.

suzy1
06-10-2011, 04:06 AM
Almost anything can become an obsession.
However if we are doing something that gives us real pleasure and it occupies a large part of our lives, that is not necessarily an obsession.
If however it is hurting you, or damaging your life or the lives of others around you then that’s different.

Perhaps the answer is to stop worrying and just enjoy your life?

SUZY

GaleWarning
06-10-2011, 04:21 AM
I think the most important advice I would offer you is to accept yourself. Don't stress.

Noortje
06-10-2011, 04:26 AM
For me, the obsessiveness went away after a few months of being able to dress regularly (once or twice a week). It also helps that I have an accepting girlfriend. It's quite possible that for you, there is just a lot of bottled up need and emotion that you need to deal with. When you've dealt with it, the desire lowers somewhat and is not constantly on your mind.

It's not entirely clear from your post how long you have been dressing freely, and how long the obsessiveness has lasted. It is also possible that you just have a natural tendency to obsess over things (I know I do...). In that case you could seek professional help. Not to "cure" the crossdressing, of course, but to help you give it a place in your life.

Disclaimer: the weather is currently hot, and this always reduces my desire to dress. It's possible my obsession will return in autumn and winter...

Kate Simmons
06-10-2011, 05:35 AM
Being myself is what is important to me, CDing notwithstanding.:)

Tina B.
06-10-2011, 05:49 AM
For me I've found the obsession came from denial and from not dressing, When I dress often enough I really don't think of it the rest of the time, besides, try nature in a bra and panties, then maybe you can think of something other than dressing.

Sue101
06-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Many do find it becomes an obsession so you are among friends. The good thing is you are aware of it and acknowledge the damage it can cause. The bad thing is you probably don't know how to lessen the obsessive thinking. The easiest way would be to get it out of your system by dressing up all the time. After a while the magic would decrease sufficiently to make the thoughts controllable. I guess that is not feasible with your wife's attitude. That only leaves you the option to stop yourself mentally by refocusing on other things which delight you like your love of nature. Force yourself by joining groups that commit you to put in the effort so find a better balance in life.

Mary Morgan
06-10-2011, 06:02 AM
I agree with Tina. The lack of freedom, the concern for what others may think, the lack of opportunity are the things that bring thinking about crossdressing to the fore. I am able to dress daily and give it little thought when I'm engaged in other activites, but it was not always so.