PDA

View Full Version : Rebounding from a purge

tifftg
06-10-2011, 05:27 PM
I am still at the stage where I have purged, it has been months and I am trying to balance my desires against my wife's hatred of the idea that I am a cd. I love to dress, I love my wife and family more and feel that I have to make a choice.

I spend some time on-line to keep things under control and in perspective. When I dressed, I generally dressed fully or not at all. Don't ask how much was purged, it is too painful to think about.

What I am curious about is I can't see myself suddenly buying the whole package in one fell swoop. When those of you who went back to dressing, what were the first steps along the road.

Not looking for a plan, just curious.

Hugs,

Tiffany at least in spirt.

Cynthia Anne
06-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Tiffany girl Purging is always a painful mistake that many of us have made! It's been years since I have done that! Starting over for me was usually done in steps! I would feal the need to wear lipstick or paint my nails! THEN something else until I was fully back to where I belong!Hugs!

immike
06-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Tiff-
I've been forced to purge with minutes to spare! I was nearly caught wearing a skirtsuit,nylons,heels.I just start again,looking
in the consignment stores&thrift stores,buying a skirt here,a blouse here,heels at a different thrift shop,etc.

Aneline
06-10-2011, 09:56 PM
I have purged, everything, a bunch of times over the years. And, sooner or later, urge comes back and I start buying feminine things again. I finally decided after my last purge that I wasn't going to do that again. I crossdress. I've tried to quit. It ain't happening. So, now that I've embraced my feminine side, I have more stuff than I've ever owned before and I'm kinda running out of places to put things. So, I might have to do a pruning instead of a purge.

Good luck.

Danielle

Staci G
06-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Well I have done my share of purging, I generally start back by buying panties first then work on makeup bras then work my way into a dress in no time. Hey it didn't take forever to purge it so I want it back just as fast. I now have somewhere to put it now so I won't have to do that anymore I hope>

Tina B.
06-11-2011, 09:34 AM
I've only made that mistake twice, the first time, I started back, I was young, low paid, and had little to spend. I started with a thrift store dress, it was cheaper than a skirt and blouse. A pair of 2 pumps.
I went by a discount store and got a cheap bra and panties set, there again it was cheaper. I still had hair, and didn't need a wig in those days. The second time, I was working at a much better job, and a brand new store just opened up literally in my back yard. (my place backed up to a strip mall) They dealt with stuff that had not sold the last season or two from some nice places, and good brands, dirt cheap, mixed with seconds. I started back to dressing, and went crazy buying things, some times I was in there 2 or 3 times a week, and buying everything in sight, that time, I started with a little of everything. A lot of that I still have, I don't ever plan to purge again, the family can purge for me after the funeral.
Tina B.

Paulacder
06-11-2011, 09:50 AM
My last purge was my biggest, I got ride of everything except my makeup and wigs. A very expensive thing to do. However look at it on the brighter side, you can convince yourself that you were just up dating your wardrobe. A reason to go shopping.....

Darlene-VA
06-11-2011, 06:15 PM
I purged one time 25 years ago and have missed that silk suit and black patent leather pumps ever since and I am reminded of them for there is a picture of that outfit. I learned my lesson for the urge to dress has never gone away and I am totally comfortable being a woman as much as possible now.

tifftg
06-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Tina, your response is what I suspect will happen. I want to stay from dressing for a while, although I think about it daily. A couple of items, panties and hose, then I have to have heels and the then I imagine the dam will break and I will buy everything I can. Shopping in drab or enfemme is not an issue for me, so once I start to buy, watch out at those clearance racks.