PDA

View Full Version : The Price of Femininity

Galaxygrl
06-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Let me think… $5000 for Lasik, $1200 for laser face hair removal, $600 for body hair pulse light machine … pedicure, manicure, facial, and waxing every month… hair styling, blond highlighting, and eyebrow shaping every 6 weeks … makeup, brushes, perfume, beauty nails, wigs, hair extensions, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, heels, pumps, sandals, flats, boots, formal dresses, long dresses, short dresses, sun dresses, skirts, slips, shorts, short-shorts, capris, skinny jeans, blouses, tank tops, tube tops, bras, bra enhancers, corsets, silk and lace panties, cotton panties, hosiery, leggings, purses, and many, many, more expenses. The reflection looking back at me from the full length mirror – Priceless!

VioletJourney
06-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Living like a girl sure is expensive, but some of those services like mani/pedi's and waxing can be done at home, if you've got the DIY spirit. Being pampered is one thing, but being self-sufficient is a terrific feeling all on its own!

Galaxygrl
06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Tis true VJ. My wife and I go together for the pedicures. It's fun!

Sara Jessica
06-12-2011, 08:31 AM
I've thought about this lately as well. Not so much about the clothing side of it but instead, the cost of maintenance stuff.

Hair, minimum $30 including tip for a style. This is something I love doing but of course it gets expensive to work that into the budget once or twice a month. Two things are changing that though. Speaking of the DIY comment, having hot rollers means I can do my own hair with a bit of satisfaction that at least approaches what my stylist can do. More importantly though, my stylist just changed salons to one which is a lot busier. Unfortunately, being fairly close to home, I'm not so sure I will choose to see her anymore.
Eyebrow waxing - new budgetary concern, although a small one at only $9 per, including tip. I do want to stretch it to at least monthly so maintenance is important. Hmmm, can I go six weeks in between???
Skin care - I go through this stuff like crazy and my product choices can be pricey but the results are worth it.
Facial electrolysis - Work in progress but the budget only calls for an hour, perhaps two, per month.

Even running out of makeup and having to replace doesn't bother me so much because not wearing it daily means I don't go through it so fast. Still, all of those things I list above really add up.

Tina B.
06-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Corvette $45, 000, golf clubs, 360.00, Green fees $2, 000 a year, Bar tab $50.00 a week, dinners out $150.00 for a good night, boy it coast a lot to be a guy! (All prices are made up, I don't do guy stuff, so not sure how much they really spend, but you get the idea.)
Tina B.

docrobbysherry
06-14-2011, 09:39 AM
C'mon! Most of us have dated or married women, rite? If they were/are ATTRACTIVE, they were/are EXPENSIVE, rite?

So, why would BEING an attractive women be any CHEAPER!?
Sherry puts up with me no matter WHAT I do! She DESERVES to be rewarded! A LOT more than my ex did! LOL!

suchacutie
06-14-2011, 10:39 AM
It's not just that we have the tab for being a guy, or the tab for being a girl, but now we have both!

The last time I traveled I packed for two and that meant less for "him" and more for "her". I have a bag full of makeup. I have a bag full of moisturizers. Breastforms are not cheap. It's no wonder we all wear panties and fem jeans since at least that's a shared expense, not an added one.

Living in two genders takes time, money, and work. This is not a lifestyle for wimps!!! :)

tina

Kate Simmons
06-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Yep it's pricey. Much cheaper being a guy for dang sure.:heehee:

RADER
06-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I guess it all adds up to one thing. Up-Keep for a pretty person cost about what the national debt is,
only you can not deduct it nor get federal funding for it. LOL
Rader

thechic
06-14-2011, 01:13 PM
its sending me to the poor house.

Karren H
06-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Count yourself lucky you don't crossdress and play ice hockey!!!

Eryn
06-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Corvette $45,000...

You're not going to impress many women with that loss-leader Corvette. You need the ZR1 at $110,000! :)

Fab Karen
06-14-2011, 06:11 PM
saving on electrolysis- for $40. a sleazy guy in an alley will hook up a car battery to your face.:D

Karren: If you played dressed I bet you could easily make a lot of "hat trick" shots :)

helena.gcd
06-14-2011, 06:55 PM
i have no girlfriend and i don't smoke, so all that spare money is well spend in girl clothes, make up and accesories....

but please, don't make me do the sum, because if i do so, probably i will argue with my male-self and he will ask me to get a job to pay for all my pretty things :)

msniki48
06-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Let me think… $5000 for Lasik, $1200 for laser face hair removal, $600 for body hair pulse light machine … pedicure, manicure, facial, and waxing every month… hair styling, blond highlighting, and eyebrow shaping every 6 weeks … makeup, brushes, perfume, beauty nails, wigs, hair extensions, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, heels, pumps, sandals, flats, boots, formal dresses, long dresses, short dresses, sun dresses, skirts, slips, shorts, short-shorts, capris, skinny jeans, blouses, tank tops, tube tops, bras, bra enhancers, corsets, silk and lace panties, cotton panties, hosiery, leggings, purses, and many, many, more expenses. The reflection looking back at me from the full length mirror – Priceless!

Yes it is truly wonderful, when it all clicks....and you see the right person looking back at you ;)

Janine cd
06-14-2011, 09:18 PM
I've given up all other sports and hobbies to satisfy the needs of becoming Janine. It's a price that I have been glad to pay.

NathalieX66
06-15-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm saving money to satisfy my need to become a girl....going to to cancel the baby's eye operation in order to do it.